IGNORED

Everton V Stoke

adamsmith69

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i fear from stoke are the delap throw-ins.

Every time we have to organise defense like when they have a corner, 1 flaw of concentration could do it for them.

But with a good Saha, and hopefully the Jo we saw in his first game for the blues, we should be fine.

I think that this will be the game that gets us back into the good goalscoring mood. We should be good against teams like this and wasn't against West Brom. This is the time where we step up a gear and prove that we can cope without Arteta - we are no one man team. A victory for me is inevitable. The scoreline is what we need to predict.

I'm going to go for 3-0, one coming late on in the game when Stoke push all their men up.

Fellaini, Saha and Jagielka

Like MikeO said I would settle for a 1-0 win, I just want points at the moment so that we can secure Europa. With all the problems that have come from this season it would be a really cool achievement. It would also be nice considering that Fat Sam Allerdyce tipped us to finish 17th. <_<

COYB (:

Not so confident with this one if I am honset. I think that defensivly they are better set up than WBA, if they get there tactics right they could cause us problems. I don't think they will win but think they will make it very hard for us to get the 3 points. Beattie will also return to make life tricky for us. 2-2, with Beattie getting a late equaliser celebrating by eating a kebab in one without chewing.

Guest efctaxi

I'll be happy with a 1-0 win , or even a draw to be honest .

Arsenal are starting to play again , and Villa are a few wins in front . It's what's behind us that's more important for the next few games .

----------------------------------HOWARD----------------------------------

JACOBSEN----------------JAGIELKA--------LESCOTT-------------BAINES

-----------------------------------NEVILLE-----------------------------------

OSMAN--------------------------------------------------------------PIENAAR

-----------------------------------FELLAINI------------------------------------

--------------------------CAHILL-----------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------JO------------------------------

Bench: Nash, Yobo, Castillo, Rodwell, Gosling, Van Der Meyde, Saha

3-1. Beattie for them, Cahill and Jo twice for us.

I think this will be different to west brom, Stoke have a good defence but their away form is very poor. Couple that with the harsh team talk and rapid turnaround on Sunday, and the lads won't go back to playing shit like they did for the first half. I think Jacobsen deserves a start at the easiest of the games we have left to play. There's no better moment to test him, he can't still be struggling for fitness so give him a shot and get Jags the fuck out of right back. Lescott and Jags made an awesome partnership, let's put that back in place and we should be fine.

Hopefully Jo will gain confidence from this match too, and this game is well suited to Fellaini as Stoke play rough :P

Not so confident with this one if I am honset. I think that defensivly they are better set up than WBA, if they get there tactics right they could cause us problems. I don't think they will win but think they will make it very hard for us to get the 3 points. Beattie will also return to make life tricky for us. 2-2, with Beattie getting a late equaliser celebrating by eating a kebab in one without chewing.

I'm with you Jamie, they have made life difficult for lots of teams and of course the pie eater will have revenge in mind. This game will be a huge test as to how we will go on for the rest of the season, will we win with style or scrape another ugly..............................a draw is a distinct possiblity as we have as much flair as they do at present

On paper we should do this shower quite easily, they have an abysmal away record although their defence is a bit better (I still like Sorensen) than WBA and we didn't exactly cover ourselves in glory there!

They will be fighting for points to try and stay in the prem and may well look at this fixture as one where they can pick some up against an injury ravaged opponent.

That said, I would still expect us to take this at least 2-0

Its hard to remember how important 3p is available in this game, while waiting the semifinal. But its home game and we have played there ok lately. Its interesting to see out starting XI, is there going to be any changes. I would like to see Jags on center again and Yobo or Jacobsen as a right back. Dunno is Saha still full fit, but i think hes going in just as a sub. Jo were quite invisible last time and im hoping he can improve a lot. It hasnt helped his matchfitness at all that he has been cuptied and we have had lot of cupmathces lately. Obviously we need to win this, im not waiting any smashing result, prolly 1-0 and Cahill does it again

I don't want much really!....Just a win for us and defeats for West Ham, Man City, Fulham and Wigan!

Beattie will be fired up.....so will Jagielka.

Wil we need a fully fit Saha for the semi-final? if so I'd like to see us try and beat Stoke with him on the bench, with him coming on only if needed.

Start with Jo, surely he's got loads to prove!

2-0 Everton.

I'm getting a bit un-easy about this game. We should beat Stoke but the teams at the bottom are trying their hardest to stay up and we know that its going to be hard. James Beattis is going to come back to haunt us, I just know it, he's going to be so fired up for this game that Lescott & Jagielka will have to be on top of their form to keep him at bay. He should be their only real threat today but we need to keep it locked up at the back to prevent any mistakes, if we drop points here it will be costly, we need three points today.

I'm still going for a win but it's now 2-1. For me it will be a case of Saha scoring the opener and putting us in the lead at the half time break. Beattie will get Stoke back into it with a scrappy goal before Fellaini/Cahill head home the winner in the last ten minutes.

7-0 - Saha, Fellaini, Pienaar, Neville, Cahill, Osman, Jo

I'd take that too I suppose :P

not sure how reliable this is, but stumbled across our supposed starting lineup on a streaming link

It might not be reliable but I can see that it could be right, I hope that Jo is on the bench and add some fire-power towards the end, I suppose that the team will go out looking something like the picture at the bottom. I'd like to see Cahill back on scoring form and Saha keeping it up. Neville looking solid at the back and hopfully Jagielka with a convincing performance at the right-back position.

And Howard, safe as ever.

-------------Howard---------------

Jagielka--Lescott--Yobo--Baines

-------------Neville---------------

----Osman----Fellaini----Pienaar

-------------Cahill-----------------

-------------------------Saha------

1413: EVERTON v STOKE LINE-UPS

Everton: Howard, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Osman, Neville, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jo.

Subs: Nash, Castillo, Saha, Jacobsen, Rodwell, Gosling, Wallace.

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Abdoulaye Faye, Shawcross, Higginbotham, Lawrence, Whelan, Diao, Delap, Beattie, Sidibe.

Subs: Simonsen, Fuller, Pugh, Amdy Faye, Etherington, Camara, Sonko.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)