IGNORED

Manchester City (home)

jamiemaher85

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
i think given just made a veteran move there ... winning some time by whining about something meaningless.. wiley couldnt really give a penalty for that ... don't even think wiley had that bad of a game ...

first time i felt like moyes has done an inadequate job.

His head is at another place , which is not a good sign .

The football Gods have now punished him with Jags getting injured .

Time to look in the mirror and get some cold water on the face .

i think given just made a veteran move there ... winning some time by whining about something meaningless.. wiley couldnt really give a penalty for that ... don't even think wiley had that bad of a game ...

I reluctantly agree. I really don't know why Osman started. Looked really lethargic and uninterested in the game at Stamford Bridge and that seemed to carry on over to today's game. Not sure why Castillo was substituted as well, he had another solid game. I guess moving Osman to centre mid after the substitutions was to try and create more of an attacking threat.... but nope, the 3 games in a week obviously showed.

Edited by Cahill4

I disagree.

We should have gotten a penalty, elano should have been send off, and he didn't see a robinho handball in the box wich could have resulted in a goal

Also, He overruled a linesmans decsion to give everton a throw-in, while the linesman was only metre away.

Weird to say the least..

Guest Reg Reagan

well poor defending did cost us dearly and the jags injury will hurt us

the ref and his assistants didnt do any of us a favour either.

For fucks sake, start Leon FUCKING OSMAN who, after 10 minutes into the Chelsea game, was completely invisible after playing 120 in the FA cup; the dude was so fucked today and fatigued - should have been on the bench with Gosling starting.

First goal would not have come if Moyes started Lescott/Jagielka. Yobo has proven why he deserves to be third to arguably the best two centre back pair in the league. He heads the ball straight to Elano where the space was exploited; was falling over his feet all day, misstiming headers, horrible stuff; Lescott would have cleaned the scraps and the opportunity for first goal would not have happened. Granted, it was a nice pass, but damn if Yobo didn't fuck around before hand it would not have happened.

The sting came out of me with the substitutions. Gosling is coming on, all good! NOT. Castillo, Fellaini, and Saha come off - NO FUCKING OSMAN. OSMAN IS FINDING IT HARD TO FUCKING MAKE A TOUCH AND HIS FATIGUE IS GONE YET MOYES KEEPS HIM ON AND BRINGS CASTILLO AND FELLAINI, TOO MEN WHO WERE STILL RUNNING, OFF. Vaughan and Cahill upped the tempo and Dan Gosling proved, with his great touch to goal, why he should have started before Osman.

Oh, and Yobo better UP HIS FUCKING GAME, because Jagielka has done his knee and knowing our fucking luck he's out for the season.

Osman should have gotten a rest and Gosling should have started. Simple.

I have now had time to calm down and reflect on yesterdays events that actually threw up a lot of topics

Leon Osman................Initial reaction was to lynch him, he went missing big time. I think he needs dropping/resting as he is clearly burnt out in fact I wouldn't have on the bench in his present form but we should give him a chance long term as we know what he's capable of.

Joey Yobo................Also came in for a lot of flak yesterday, I think most of it was undeserved. People screamed that he was responsible for their first goal, he moved forward in attack, Jags covered him as sweeper, Robinho and somehow Timmy let the ball through his legs...............iMo it was hardly Yobo's fault but then again if he is your whipping boy you'll view it differently.

Incidentally that particular goal should never have been because there was a clear foul on Mo just outside their box which Wiley waved away................why I don't know but would suggest that it was because of Mo's size

Louis Saha.............sad to say but the guy is a none event, a has been, over the hill and will not be coming back, he was an embarrassment yesterday and should be put out to grass, I don't want to see him in blue ever again

Dan Gosling............he brought more to the match in the short time he was on than either Ossie or Saha did yesterday and didn't he take his goal well

David Moyes.......................he had a bad one, his poorest game since the first six this season. His substitutions were poor, no, very poor. Why leave Osman on when he was hiding..............Castillo did not set the world on fire but deserved to stay on the park far more than others, Fellaini going off robbed us a height in the area and resting TC was also a mistake as far as I am concerned, he loves to play so much and brings that edge to the team that was missing for much of yesterday

All in all it's not the end of the world but with Jags injury it felt like it :(

Pathetic. Useless. Outfought. Outthought. Toothless. Gutless. And that was just Osman <_< .

Moyes gave that game away before the game had even started with the side he put out there. We had no drive out there at all, I think yesterday showed just how much we rely on Cahill to give us drive. Moyes fucked up, hopefully he'll put it right in our next game. One thing is for sure; our right side needs a major overhaul because Hibbert and Osman slow our play down embarrassingly and they should not start on the same side of the pitch ever again. Yobo had another dodgy one and I'm not confident in our defence with him there. I'm hoping that it's more down to rustiness than him having lost the plot. We need him to step up big time with the loss of Jags. We resorted to hoofball big time yesterday and it clearly wasn't working because they have massive defenders. We have a Plan A and nothing more.

Howard - Saved us from a complete mauling, well done Tim.

Hibbert - Was absolute shit. He is just not good enough, I don't care that he's an Evertonian. He was put into a position to put the ball in the box on a few ocassions and fluffed every single one of them. He's killing us when we attack down the right. Not only that but his defensive work, which usually gets people to look past how crap he is, is shit as well. He looks absolutely knackered too, jogging back after Robinho when he'd given the ball away!

Yobo - I thought he was more to blame (along with others) for their second goal. He actually ran away from their attacker when he was on the edge of the box, allowing him to put the ball in. I'm sat behind it in a state of belief. He needs to get his head out of the clouds and fast, because we're going to be relying on him.

Jagielka - He made a few suicide passes and wasn't at his usual brilliant best IMO. That's insignificant after losing him til some time next season though :( .

Baines - I wouldn't say it was up there with his recent performance tbh but he played alright, and worked well with Pienaar as usual.

Osman - To call him a bag of shite yesterday would be unfair to a bag of shite. Not only is he slow physically but at the moment he's slow mentally too. The amount of times he was second to a ball and lost possession due to dwelling on the ball was shocking. He needs benching for a few weeks, how Moyes thinks he's earning a starting place is beyond me.

Neville - Quiet.

Castillo - He didn't do anything wrong but I barely noticed him tbh.

Pienaar - Hewas the only one of our midfielders doing anything of note to take us forward. Ran his arse off and looked like one of very few players that gave a toss. My MOTM.

Fellaini - Held the ball up well and tried bringing people into the game. He should be jumping more often and winning more headers. How did he not get a penalty? Defenders are being allowed to wrestle him in the box every single week.

Saha - One thing is clear about Saha; he is simply not good enough to start games now. He should only be used as a sub from now on. He was totally invisible and when he did have the ball he was on the half way line with it because of how crap we were at getting the ball to anyone!

I think some are over reacting to the match yesterday, we didn't play well but that happens now and again and our brilliant run was never going to last forever. The league is pretty much irrelevant for me now, it doesn't really matter if we finish 5th or 6th and I'd rather we kept players fresh for the cup final. The only thing I was concerned about yesterday was Jags injury, which is a massive shame for the club and for Jags missing the cup final. That being said, IF Yobo can get his form back from the next run of games then I think he is better suited to playing against Drogba and Chelsea than Jags anyway. I personally believe that there is no reason why Lescott and Yobo couldn't make the best partnership in the league, yet when they have played together in the past they've looked a bit uncomfortable. Now it's time for them to get it together and win it for Arteta, Yakubu and Jags.

Unlucky Jagielka, cruel luck.

Actually I feel the second goal was his fault ... Neville was already in position but Castillo still went after the ball which resulted in the enorm space Ireland got.

I agree total with this, we had a pack of four players chasing the ball, I reland spotted the opening and went for it like a shot, it was Castillo's fault, that said Osman should still have been dragged off by the balls

Osman & Hibbert were shown up big time on Saturday.... think Robinio just sat on Hibbert's shoulder all day and Osman didnt do a thing to help....

Going forward both were poor and slow.. I can forgive Hibbert as he was allways looking over his shoulder but Osman was shocking........ he didnt do a thing Saturday....

I would say Osman is are week link at the moment..... Id replace him in the summer deffo.... id wait on Hibbert and see how he manages with someone decent in front of him......

Guest efctaxi

To be fair to Hibbert , he has done very well this season , and Robinho is a handful for any defender , as are a few other top strikers .

Thankfully , most of the prems attacking force he has shown he can handle .

Osman has zero consistency , and though shows flashes of brilliance occasionally , really isn't bringing too much to the squad .

I would be tempted to give Gosling as much experience as possible for the remainder of the season .

I agree with Taxi.

Altho i have been a long time admirer of Osman i was calling for him to be rested before the game, cos he looks out on his feet, and i would also give Gosling an opportunity to stake his claim as a right winger/midfielder.

Come the summer transfer window this position must deffo be the top priority for improvement.

How is no-one talking about the fact at least 3 City players should have been given reds, or at least 2 yellows? I blame a lot of the performance on the ref...we started well but the players sensed that we weren't gonna get shit off that fat twat in the middle? Did he or didn't Shay Given swing at Gosling? RED CARD. Did Vincent Kompany not take a swipe at Cahill? RED or very Least Yellow...what was given? neither!?!? Elano, chops down Nuts after an already suspicious tackle...YELLOW at least...what does he get? a fuckin slap on the wrist! I sit in the fuckin GWLADYS and i can see them...how does the ref not?!!? :angry::angry::angry:

How is no-one talking about the fact at least 3 City players should have been given reds, or at least 2 yellows? I blame a lot of the performance on the ref...we started well but the players sensed that we weren't gonna get shit off that fat twat in the middle? Did he or didn't Shay Given swing at Gosling? RED CARD. Did Vincent Kompany not take a swipe at Cahill? RED or very Least Yellow...what was given? neither!?!? Elano, chops down Nuts after an already suspicious tackle...YELLOW at least...what does he get? a fuckin slap on the wrist! I sit in the fuckin GWLADYS and i can see them...how does the ref not?!!? :angry::angry::angry:

It does no good ten, listen to the Spurs lot about that penalty:D

Edited by Jimmy the blue

It does no good ten, listen to the Spurs lot about that penalty:D

U remember the performance the bellend gave when we played United at home Jim? Well my old'man isn't a moaner, never complains, or anythin against people, but he was that incensed by his reffing, he wrote a huge sarcy email to the FA about him, to the Reffereeing standards blah blah blah.

Anyway at the very end of the email, he specifically wrote that he would appreciate if he didn't get a standard response and hoped someone could give a legit reason to why he was still reffing at top level. So what happens? Instead of forwarding the email to the Chief _______ (whatever) the secretary emails my dad back (obviously pressed reply) and says;

"Hi Les, sorry to bother you but there is a gentleman emailing you regarding some performances, i wasn't sure if you knew him or not. Would you like me to forward the email to you or should i just send a 'standard response? C'

Oooo how the sarcasm came to my fathers tongue in response! We also got the impression from a source, that she was releaved from her post as a result, for being a silly-billy lol ....

.............They still haven't got back to us properly, coz they're shite!

Look Bad performance but lets not over react osman was shite but i thought castillo was ok and his contract runs out in the summer apperantly so he might stay

look we were bad and things didnt go our way and i think mentally we were down on saturday lets just put in a good performance againest sunderland because we cant play at our best all the time

Totally missed out on the Man City game, and only know what I've read on here and in the papers.

My point being most on here have said we didn't really do that much, yet either the mail or the express (can't remember which one) had the Man City goalkeeper and center half in their team of the week!.....so surely we must have given them a pretty good game?