• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------Howard---------------------------

Jacobsen------Jagielka-------Lescott---------Baines

Gosling--------Neville---------Fellaini--------Pienaar

-----------------------Cahill----------------------------

--------------------------------Jo-----------------------

Bench: Nash, Hibbert, Yobo, Castillo, Osman, Vaughan, Saha

Think Jacobsen warrants another start as he is in better form than Hibbert atm, Gosling as opposed to Osman as Ossie has little left in the tank and was pretty much invisible against Chelsea, and Jo to start again because as toothless as he is away from home, at home he rises to the challenge and I can see him getting a goal.

2-1 to the toffees, Jo and Fellaini.

Edited by The Regulator

Think Jacobsen warrants another start as he is in better form than Hibbert atm, Gosling as opposed to Osman as Ossie has little left in the tank and was pretty much invisible against Chelsea, and Jo to start again because as toothless as he is away from home, at home he rises to the challenge and I can see him getting a goal.

Jo can't feature. He is tied because loan players can't face their parent clubs.

i'd switch Fellaini and Cahill

since Jo can't play against Man City, i'd start Vaughan (not Saha) ... if we're not winning after 60min, Saha can come on as a sub.

2-0 to us, Pienaar - Cahill FTW!!

Guest efctaxi

I'm not sure I would play a striker against City .

Fellaini and Cahill up front / mid , Osman rested , and bolster the midfield .

Can't afford more injuries with Saha or even Vaughan , so need to use them sparingly untill the end of the season . If they're gonna hit the deck and not get back up , I'd rather it was in the final .

I'll stick my head on the block here, with no Jo we'll score four.......................Timmy two, Lescott and Baines from the spot

That result (if we kept a clean sheet) would add 43 points to my Telegraph Fantasy Footie team Jim and put me within sniffing distance of the £50,000 :P .

Few "assist" points would be a nice boost also ;) .

That result (if we kept a clean sheet) would add 43 points to my Telegraph Fantasy Footie team Jim and put me within sniffing distance of the £50,000 :P .

Few "assist" points would be a nice boost also ;) .

Mike my old Booby, I've been right before so here is hoping you get your windfall mate (you can send my share to.............. :D )

hmm in my own opinion i think we will give city a hiding, how many of us, and be truthful, wrote us off at chelsea, putting it down to tiredness etc at wembley??... to a certain extent i did, but look how well we played... 2-0 to everton, in a comfortable afternoon, prefably hot too so i can get a tan whilst watchn the game :) haha ill say cahill (2)

I'd rest a couple of players again here, possibly let Lescott have a breather and Osman. Yobo can step in and do a job again as hopefully he really get into some form as personally I think he is better equipped to play in the cup final against Drogba than either Lescott or particularly Jagielka as he is much better in the air and quicker. Probably give Gosling a run out and Vaughan 45 minutes as well, build him up slowly to unleash him in the final.

Going back to Yobo, I've been noticing some saying how dodgy he looks etc (considering we have hardly let in a goal when he's played in recent months I find that slightly unfair) and it's interesting to point out that when he plays we actually average more points than if either Jags or Lescott play.

I checked football anorak and with Yobo (played 21 games) we average 1.714 points per match, Jags (32 matches) averages 1.625 points and Lescott (31 games) 1.5806 points.

If you look at clean sheets then again Yobo comes out on top, he has 10 in 21 (47.6%), Jagielka has 14 in 32 (43.75%) and Lescott 13 in 31 (41.9%)

I thought this may be the case as although Jags and Lescott have been brilliant together this season (I have been getting more and more impressed with Lescott to be honest, he looks like a real classy defender, excellent in the air, good passer, composed and quick - Jags still struggles in the air and is a bit of a hoofer imo, although probably still our player of the season with Lescott catching every week) I couldn't remember us letting in many goals with Yobo in the team since those early few horrific games.

I don't know what the goals conceded are for those games played (which would be useful) but I think some people forget that Yobo is a very good defender and he and Jags were formidable last season.

and yes, I am an unashamed Yobo fan as I still feel that due to his attributes he is our best defender once he's had a run of games.

Edited by carlmc25

I think there isn't to much between the three of them. All are great defenders that could get into most teams in the Premiership. In fact apart from right back position we have the strongest defence in the league. Anyway back to the game I think a comfortable 2-0 with saha and felliani scoring.

I'd rest a couple of players again here, possibly let Lescott have a breather and Osman. Yobo can step in and do a job again as hopefully he really get into some form as personally I think he is better equipped to play in the cup final against Drogba than either Lescott or particularly Jagielka as he is much better in the air and quicker. Probably give Gosling a run out and Vaughan 45 minutes as well, build him up slowly to unleash him in the final.

Going back to Yobo, I've been noticing some saying how dodgy he looks etc (considering we have hardly let in a goal when he's played in recent months I find that slightly unfair) and it's interesting to point out that when he plays we actually average more points than if either Jags or Lescott play.

I checked football anorak and with Yobo (played 21 games) we average 1.714 points per match, Jags (32 matches) averages 1.625 points and Lescott (31 games) 1.5806 points.

If you look at clean sheets then again Yobo comes out on top, he has 10 in 21 (47.6%), Jagielka has 14 in 32 (43.75%) and Lescott 13 in 31 (41.9%)

I thought this may be the case as although Jags and Lescott have been brilliant together this season (I have been getting more and more impressed with Lescott to be honest, he looks like a real classy defender, excellent in the air, good passer, composed and quick - Jags still struggles in the air and is a bit of a hoofer imo, although probably still our player of the season with Lescott catching every week) I couldn't remember us letting in many goals with Yobo in the team since those early few horrific games.

I don't know what the goals conceded are for those games played (which would be useful) but I think some people forget that Yobo is a very good defender and he and Jags were formidable last season.

and yes, I am an unashamed Yobo fan as I still feel that due to his attributes he is our best defender once he's had a run of games.

i think yobo is a quality defender myself mate, and why should you say you are an "unashamed" fan of him, hes been a really good player for us, and loyal at that too.

I'd like to see Castillo given another game, if he can build on that Chelsea game then surely he deserves a crack at a cup final place.

Vaughan needs using wisely in the games leading up to the final, as I think he would make a great impact player on the big day and would have him start over Saha.

It's a fine line resting players for a big game a few weeks off.Are we going to start playing the game of not playing your best team?

Which ever team Everton put out, I can see a win.

Got a feeling things may catch up with us tomorrow. Also think we need to rotate like crazy over the coming weeks - we haven't got many that we can throw in, but we have to ensure that the likes of Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, Baines, Lescott, Jags all get some level of rest - they can keep going but you can just see it catching up right at the crucial moment. Added benefit of giving the likes of Gosling, Rodwell, Baxter, etc some experience and giving Jacobsen and Castillo a better feel for the English game in case we need them for the Cup Final.

1-1 tomorrow.

we still need 2 more victories i think to make sure of at least 7 but i think we are safe now...

i would rest a couple of players and give castillo ago and start saha then bring on vaughan in the 2nd half

my team

-------------------------------Howard-----------------------------

Jacobsen---------Yobo-----------------Jagelkia-------Baines---

-------------------------Neville--Castillo----------------------------

Gosling-----------------------------------------------------Pienarr

------------------------------Cahill-----------------------------------

------------------------------Saha-------------------------------------

Subs

Nash

Lescott

Rodwell

Hibbert

Felliani

Osman

Vaughan

start big Mo on the bench and bring him on if we are chasing the game or a winner

we still need 2 more victories i think to make sure of at least 7 but i think we are safe now...

i would rest a couple of players and give castillo ago and start saha then bring on vaughan in the 2nd half

my team

-------------------------------Howard-----------------------------

Jacobsen---------Yobo-----------------Jagelkia-------Baines---

-------------------------Neville--Castillo----------------------------

Gosling-----------------------------------------------------Pienarr

------------------------------Cahill-----------------------------------

------------------------------Saha-------------------------------------

Subs

Nash

Lescott

Rodwell

Hibbert

Felliani

Osman

Vaughan

start big Mo on the bench and bring him on if we are chasing the game or a winner

A good lineup there. Gives Jacobsen and Castillo another run because they earned it against Chelsea. Gives Gosling a run because Osman is worn out and gives Saha an opportunity to shine because he didn't get any ball at Stamford Bridge.

Fellaini & Rodwell as subs to come on and break the pattern 2nd half if things need a lift.

Looking tired from the semi finals still and with that tough game against Chelsea fitness is going to be the key. It's not going to be a clear game and Manchester City can do some threats if need be. We are without Jo and that could be a problem for us up front, I'd like to see Cahill getting into the attacking roles that he did so well in over the course of the season.

Bellamy, Wright-Phillips and Benjani are out for City today and that's good to hear. Bellamy would have been a really big threat had he played. I'm not convinced of a win today just yet but I think it's possible. They have some good players around the park like Stephen Ireland that will no doubt keep Howard at full focus. I'm going for a 1-1 draw although I can see us nicking the game 2-1 when the pressure starts to come fast.

Jagielka to score ;)

In a bid to express his desire to become an Everton player, and at the same time to reinforce his decision that he doesn't want to return to Man City....JO has announced that just for the City match he will become Evertons Toffee lady, wearing full costume, and throwing sweets to crowd.I think we can rest assured that Everton's fans will be getting extra rations toaday, and if the city faithfull require sweets....You can buy them in the stadium!

PS....Mark Hughes!......JO will be throwing the empty bucket somewhere near your chair!

He only good for handing out the sweets Mark!........£3million would be a decent price!

3-0 Everton.