IGNORED

Hunt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon this will go through for £5m. Not sure if this is a good price for him but with less than 4 hours to the close of the window, and every club in Europe knowing how desperate we are for bodies then the selling club can hold out for whatever they like really.

I've said earlier that I think he'd be a good acquisition, the cost means nothing at this stage in proceedings. Let's just get a squad capable of competing for 50 games throughout the course of a season and buckle up, it's going to be a rocky ride!!!

It was a last minute thing after the Obinna work permit fell through, but i would have him in january.

They should have offered 5 million and they would have got him, good opta ratings in the prem last year and he's a hard worker, sort of player Davey likes in the squad..

I think if McFadden is worth the money we got for him then Hunt is worth what Reading want. However, having said that, paying that much for a player from the Championship is basically us getting done out of money, especially when you consider the cost of Pienaar.

I'd say £5mil isnt extortionate tbh he isnt an unproven Championship player he has experiance and has proven he can ply his trade in the Prem, the Pienaar deal is one of those that are very rare tbh and we where very lucky to get him for so little.

I'd say £5mil isnt extortionate tbh he isnt an unproven Championship player he has experiance and has proven he can ply his trade in the Prem, the Pienaar deal is one of those that are very rare tbh and we where very lucky to get him for so little.

I agree with all you say Paul but am I the only one who is still not totally convinced by the Pieman. He is narky, he has skill in abundance which are both plus factors but he is so slight, gets injured easily, goes missing in matches (Teta is doing the same thing) and he has lost his temper badly on more than one occasion which gives him discipline problems. For what we paid he was worth it, if we sold him we would make a handsome profit and I honestly believe he may not feature long term in Moyes's plans.

I agree with all you say Paul but am I the only one who is still not totally convinced by the Pieman. He is narky, he has skill in abundance which are both plus factors but he is so slight, gets injured easily, goes missing in matches (Teta is doing the same thing) and he has lost his temper badly on more than one occasion which gives him discipline problems. For what we paid he was worth it, if we sold him we would make a handsome profit and I honestly believe he may not feature long term in Moyes's plans.

come on lad they are class players would be screwed without them and would be very boring football without them

Im glad we didnt sign him, he is a hard worker with a pit of pace, but I would much rather have Pienaar who has skill and creativity and one of the best work rates in the league.

he just reminded me of Simon Davies, we would have been going back a step wasting any money on an average player, wait untill jan and sign maybe another 2 quality players, then we will be up there.

Im glad we didnt sign him, he is a hard worker with a pit of pace, but I would much rather have Pienaar who has skill and creativity and one of the best work rates in the league.

he just reminded me of Simon Davies, we would have been going back a step wasting any money on an average player, wait untill jan and sign maybe another 2 quality players, then we will be up there.

I agree completely, this lad never stands still, passes and runs into space, always looks to play football. I have never seen him just boot the ball upfield he is always looking to play to feet. Imo Pienaar was more influential to the team cause last season than Arteta was and never recieved enough credit. Tho arteta was playing below par with niggling injuries.

Have said on another topic that amongst all the hyped up transfer fees this summer Pienaar has to be without any doubt the bargain buy of the season.

Cant agree with you on Pienaar Jimmy, dont think he has discipline problems, certainly not got injury problems cos isnt this the first games he's missed since we signed him. ?? and to say he is slight means nothing really, Alan Ball was slight, Colin Harvey was slight, and in a similar fashion to those two Pienaar wont shirk a tackle no matter how big the opponent, and he works as hard as any man in the team. Add that to his undoubted footballing ability and he's one hell of a player.

Just my opinion. ;)

Cant agree with you on Pienaar Jimmy, dont think he has discipline problems, certainly not got injury problems cos isnt this the first games he's missed since we signed him. ?? and to say he is slight means nothing really, Alan Ball was slight, Colin Harvey was slight, and in a similar fashion to those two Pienaar wont shirk a tackle no matter how big the opponent, and he works as hard as any man in the team. Add that to his undoubted footballing ability and he's one hell of a player.

Just my opinion. ;)

Letrs agree to disagree Licker, I know I'm in a huge minority on this one but you have to say it as you see it. Incidentally if he was as strong on the ball as little Alan was I'd marry him :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think he is a perfect "bench" player. He has premier league experience, international experience, has never really looked out of place in the top flight.

Sure we won't always get past Arteta and Pienaar, but what about when they are injured? or out of form? or have tired legs and the game needs a change? I don't think anyone can argue that we have needed a player like Hunt (i'm not saying him exactly, but a similar type of player). If he costs 5m i would say that its good value in the current market, the price of Pienaar is a one-off.

We NEED options in the team. At the moment we have Cahill, Fellaini, Castillio, Osman, Rodwell, Gosling who all play centre mid. We only really have Arteta, Pienaar and if very desperate Osman who can play on wing. But all those three player are originally centre mids who have een pushed out.

I for one think it would be refreshing to have a natural winger in the side... who wasn't an alchoholic.