IGNORED

Hunt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not his biggest fan if I am honest, however we could do with him right NOW as we need someone with the guts, aggression, passion and experience that he has in midfield as we miss carsley more than any of us thought we would. Add that to the undoubted quality of arteta,cahill,piennar, fellaini, osman, and castillo and that is a quality group of midfielders that will do us well for the season.

If we get the right result today then it will kickstart our season and a clean sheet will do no end of good.

COYB!!!!!

Not his biggest fan if I am honest, however we could do with him right NOW as we need someone with the guts, aggression, passion and experience that he has in midfield as we miss carsley more than any of us thought we would. Add that to the undoubted quality of arteta,cahill,piennar, fellaini, osman, and castillo and that is a quality group of midfielders that will do us well for the season.

If we get the right result today then it will kickstart our season and a clean sheet will do no end of good.

COYB!!!!!

Miracles can happen now and again, but the impossible may take a bit longer. ;)

basically, we need a horrible twat in our team, to upset the opposition. as savage is too old, he is that twat.

Any port in a storm, hows about good old Gary Speed coming off the bench to kick one or two :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The trouble is when one of our lads puts a foot in they get carded, its an instant ref reaction to a blue player.

I have always preferred creative players but Lee Carsley convinced me of the need for his type of player, he was awesome at breaking the opposition attacks up, could read a game as well as anyone, just look back to the season he was injured, that should have been a warning to everyone but it was ignored. I hope Castillo comes good as he has the build, he has a shot on him but does he have the motor and the brain...............only time will tell

Tut tut Bill, you're going off topic and that's not like you at all. You're usually the one who has a hard line on things like this ;)

I accept a slap on the wrist and return to topic :D For £5 million (release clause) i would deffo take Hunt in January, we need a couple more to make players play for their places, and we need Pienaar back as soon as poss.

I accept a slap on the wrist and return to topic :D For £5 million (release clause) i would deffo take Hunt in January, we need a couple more to make players play for their places, and we need Pienaar back as soon as poss.

As soon as Pienaar's back then Ossie is having his knee operation and will be out for two months :o

He's having a very good season so far and bagged a few goals, I think he is what we need at the moment and for £5mil would be a bargain as i can see him changing the course of our season so far. He would be a good candidate for a captain once settled in my eyes if we got him in Jan.

Ashame the Obinna deal didnt come through aswell as i think those two would have imo played a big part for us from the get go.

If you asked alot of football fans in general how good a footballer they thought Lee Carsley is they would most probebly have said the same as you have about Hunt, they are both very overlooked and underhyped players who where and are integral parts of each teams. Dont get me wrong he isnt a world beater as we all know but its players in there mould that can carry a team and i'd rather have a player who you can rely on to give his all then some slapped arse spaniard who's hit and miss.

If you asked alot of football fans in general how good a footballer they thought Lee Carsley is they would most probebly have said the same as you have about Hunt, they are both very overlooked and underhyped players who where and are integral parts of each teams. Dont get me wrong he isnt a world beater as we all know but its players in there mould that can carry a team and i'd rather have a player who you can rely on to give his all then some slapped arse spaniard who's hit and miss.

Agreed Paul, thats why we looked at Sean Davies, exact same category

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been linked with Readings Stephen Hunt and Kevin Doyle in a joint bid of £7million.

Im a fan of Doyles tbh, but he would have to be back up for the Yak who is the better player. As for Hunt im not arsed either way if we sign him or not.

I disagree, the majority of our 1st team are decent players that we could only get better than if we had some billionaire owner. The squad size has needed to increase for several seasons now and the chance to get 2 decent options as back up to what we already have for a reasonable price should be jumped at in my opinion!!