IGNORED

Hunt

With my wife being a cardiff fan I have seen Ledley play a few times on tv for both Cardiff and Wales and also keep up with news on Cardiff.

I would love Ledley to come here but cardiff after turning down an offer of around £5m last season are saying that he is still worth the same now even though coming into his final season.

My guess is that the price would drop in January had no one already signed him.

I think he would do well in the premiership and is only young as well.

Think Hunt would be a good addition at that price.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely take Hunt at that price; £3-3.5m. However, isn't that about the same price as the "new Ibrahimovic" Rasmus Elm who Moyes apparently only wants to buy if he can't bring anyone else in???

I'd say snap Elm up if it's not too late (which I'd imagine it is with us not having bid for him 2 weeks after showing him around the training ground. How can you go from inviting someone to Finch Farm to then decide not to bid by the way?!?!)

If we could get Hunt as well, maybe even Ledley (although this is based on heresay rather than me having any knowledge of him) then I think that would give the midfield adequate cover.

Onouha (??) from City for RB and CB cover and another CB (Turner is linked but again I've no in-depth knowledge of his ability) if Lescott goes and although I wouldn't be jumping for joy I'd be a lot happier than I am just now.

Harry Kidnap is now supposed to be putting in an offer for Turner. He thinks if he buys all our targets he might end up in our 5th place, saggy faced, head twitching fooker.

Harry Kidnap is now supposed to be putting in an offer for Turner.

Not surpising really, he's only got Naughton, Hutton, Bale, Dawson, Chimbonda, Corluka, King, Assou-Ekotto, Woodgate & Walker to choose from in defence. How's he supposed to struggle by on those?

lol I honestly cant see why people are having a pop at Spurs & Redknapp at least they are decisive in the transfer market

Really?!?! You can't see how people get pissed at Arry? You serious? I'll lay it out.

Every time a story surfaces linking us to a player (regardless of it being a legit link) it always starts by saying that we are reported to be interested or that we've inquired about x player. About two weeks later, about the time a normal club would have submitted a bid...The Spurred Kidnapper swoops in offering Toon wages and upping the fee a few pennies beyond which we can pay. Regardless of whether the club needs the player to fill a gap in the squad.

I know Naughton is the only one we've made a bid for, but there have been others that our interest has been staved off by interest from Spurs. That's why I hate Spurs. And I'm sure others will agree...at least in part.

Really?!?! You can't see how people get pissed at Arry? You serious? I'll lay it out.

Every time a story surfaces linking us to a player (regardless of it being a legit link) it always starts by saying that we are reported to be interested or that we've inquired about x player. About two weeks later, about the time a normal club would have submitted a bid...The Spurred Kidnapper swoops in offering Toon wages and upping the fee a few pennies beyond which we can pay. Regardless of whether the club needs the player to fill a gap in the squad.

I know Naughton is the only one we've made a bid for, but there have been others that our interest has been staved off by interest from Spurs. That's why I hate Spurs. And I'm sure others will agree...at least in part.

So you would be upset if Moyes made a last minute swoop to sign a player from under the noses of any other club?

Lets face facts we are in direct competition with Spurs so its highly likely that we are going to be going for the same players, if they can flex their muscles to swat off a puny trivial counter bid from a club like Everton its only natural that they would do it

• 2 weeks later...

well hes been linked with us for the last year....how can david moyes say hes concerned about the size of our squad when we really havnt competed for any signings i mean really competed...weve stood by and watched our targets get picked off one by one.

Forgive me if I'm wrong patto but I'm beginning to sense just the tiniest bit of discontent from you :mellow: .

• 8 months later...