IGNORED

Toffees 'target' Topal Dreams Of England

Topal is alright, but I don't think a defensive midfielder is something we should be looking at except if it's Moutinho.

The other guy mentioned in that article, Arda Turan, would be a huge disappointment if we signed him.

He's a midget and would be a complete waste in the Prem. Sort of a worse version of that annoying little twerp Emre.

However it says in the article that the Turkish press is notoriously unreliable.. let's hope so.

We were in for Topal a few years back, all seemed like it was going to happen, only for Galatasary to offer him more money, so he stayed? Good no-nonsense, non special player who cleans up all the shit in front of the back 4.

Plus weve been lookin at Turan for a long time aswel, weve had a bid in the past rejected, bout £8m i think? Galatasary again, bumped the valuation up because Arsenal were interested in him...£12m rings a bell, of the sort of money they wanted!? :huh: Could be a very good player, comes in the Lennon mold, very small, but has lightning pace and feet!!

As for Moutinho as a defensive mid? Wouldnt be the 1st place i'd play him :lol: he's a runt aswel. An amazing runt at that.

You're all over the shop here mate. Moutinho is an attacking midfielder - veloso is the def mid. Topal looked quality at the euro's and def mid is and should be a priority position this summer. Turan looked even better at the euro's - a midget okay but he's a winger, a tricky winger nothing like emre and he looks like he'd be a very good prem player.

How weird is that? both said the same thing, at the same time....great minds eh ;)

Guest efctaxi
It's Topals hooter that makes me laugh.

Lescotts huge forehead

Topals huge nose

Fellaini's huge hair

Pienaars huge voice

Yakubu's huge belly

We are the team of HUGE feature people!

lol

Who's the guy in the center in pink ?

lol

Who's the guy in the center in pink ?

The Bordeaux player? Yoann Gourcuff i beleive...he's the fuckin nuts...was on loan from AC Milan, not sure if thats been made permanent? someone will say...

EDIT: Yeah he signed from Milan for 15m euros!

Edited by tenaciousj

It's Topals hooter that makes me laugh.

Lescotts huge forehead

Topals huge nose

Fellaini's huge hair

Pienaars huge voice

Yakubu's huge belly

We are the team of HUGE feature people!

:lol:

Topal is meant to be great. Do we need a DM though with Rodwell in the squad? It's not a priority and I guess he would command a reasonable fee.

The Bordeaux player? Yoann Gourcuff i beleive...he's the fuckin nuts...was on loan from AC Milan, not sure if thats been made permanent? someone will say...

EDIT: Yeah he signed from Milan for 15m euros!

We should get him instead, Gourcuff is a legend, and his half-name counterpart Gouffran or Gourffran? isn't that bad either.

Topal is ok, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Edited by The Regulator

You're all over the shop here mate. Moutinho is an attacking midfielder - veloso is the def mid. Topal looked quality at the euro's and def mid is and should be a priority position this summer. Turan looked even better at the euro's - a midget okay but he's a winger, a tricky winger nothing like emre and he looks like he'd be a very good prem player.

You're right, should have thought it through before writing. (Altho I do rate Turan a lot lower than you do).

Possibility of midget singings just pisses me off.

First i were wondering, what are ppl talkin bout his hooter. Then i noticed the guy on center of picture aint from Galatasaray...OMFG you guys know what are said about nose size is directly compared to downstairs? If its true, how tha hell can this guy run? :lol:

Yeah i know, i read somewhere he had size 14 feet!! I couldn't even run with those boats....!!

Yeah i know, i read somewhere he had size 14 feet!! I couldn't even run with those boats....!!

Haha thats some shoe, but i didnt meant to go that down downstairs lol, not sure is my english making it too tricky to catch, or then your having fun with me :lol:

• 8 years later...
21 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He used to be a very good, promising player. He shined when he was playing for Galatasaray then his Atletico Madrid years were huge success under Simeone but can't tell the same for his Barcelona "days"

He is not in a good shape, not sure even he is practicing or going to trainings. He can still be a useful transfer but signing him during the Jan. transfer window is a huge risk as he needs to reshape himself but it requires at least 3 months for him to get in a good shape as far as i can see him on Turkish media.

He can play as AMR - AML and AMC. As Rooney playing more like MC-AMC, you won't need him on that position, he struggled as MC at Barça so counting it as "not an option"

He can be a good substitute but probably his wage will be huge for a substitute player as he is earning a lot by doing nothing at Barça and Barça also stated that they need some cash to sell him as they spent 34m. for his transfer but there were nothing in return for them. It was a shit experience for both sides. He still could have been star player for Atleti side and Barça could do the same without him on their roster.

16 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Why is an article about Arda Turan in an 8 year old thread about Mehmet Topal?

Anyway, Turan is now 30, we don't need more expensive aging players, especially not on the wing.

If we could get 2-3 years out of him, he'd be a big improvement on what we have. Would all depend on the fee though