IGNORED

U-21 European Championships

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under21/index.html

There werent topic for this so i decided to make a place for talks about this interesting competition. Ok, i have to make a confess, it haven been so big interest in Finland earlier, but our youngsters made on the final tournaments, so we can watch those matches live :) .

ANd of course it will be fun to watch opener of the tournee, Group B 15.6.2006 England vs Finland

Not waiting much from that game, but it will be nice to see how young finnish team is doing. They played really well on qualifiers and definitely earned place of U-21 Championships :)

Edited by LexKing

I'm really looking forward to this tournament. I think that we have got quite a promising bunch of young players here. I think it will be good to take this seriously as players need to get used to playing in an international tournament at younger ages so that they are used to it if they make the leap to the full squad so that a full world cup is not such a shock.

It will be good to see Rodders involved, can't see him starting many but he is one of the youngest within the team so that doesn't bother me too much. Come on lads.

I were very surprised the game of tonight (ENG-FIN). Actually i think Finland were way more active and better side. Before this game, even i thought our youngster can put a good fight, i thought it will be mostly a defensive fight. Eng had actually 2 good chances to score, both cause Finland defended really bad, especially Richards´s goal when our guy left his place on post and standing where he should had, he would stopped the ball going in. Englands defence were solid and didnt allow us to get in primary scoring places, but rightaway when Sadik got hei chance, Mancienne did do bad foul as a last man and earned that red card and penalty kick. Finland is having a good team there and cant wait when these youngsters will get into Senior squad, we have so old team there that we should actually let couple of these guys in already. Sparv(true leader at DM), Perparim Hetemaj(quick winger from AEKAthena) at least and some of central defenders aswell. And i really hope that Vasara is gettin more time than he had today, hes definitely dangerous all the time.

Jack Rodwell was a late sub as England Under-21s began their European Championships campaign with a narrow 2-1 win over Finland.

Everton man Rodwell was not selected in the starting XI but emerged with six minutes left to help England weather a late Finnish onslaught.

thought i'd start this topic so we keep tabs on big jack during the championships. he has a good chance of startin the next game but at centre back cos mancienne got sent off and richards went off injured. also team captain onouha is injured. even if he doesn't start i still think he will gain some vital experience being out there.

I agree, I wasn't able to watch the game tonight, shame it's taken other people's problems to give him a better chance of starting but the more experience he gets in major competitions the better for him and for us, best of luck to the lad!!!

I shall be definitely watching the next games against Spain and Germany, I can't see either of them being shit at this level so it will be a good test for the team as a whole and for someone I see as our next big thing coming through the ranks

Edited by Blue Oz

Finland-Germany 0-2 . Germany were much stronger than England were at mondays game. Game were still pretty balanced and on first half either of the team werent getting anything really dangerous scoring chance. But Germany looked very comfortable on pitch and earned their win, even the socnd goal looked badly for offside

Evenings game is England-Spain and it can be interesting game. WALCOTT DROPPED

Im bit pissed off cause i missed England-Spain :angry: just cause i couldnt get any stream working

It was hardly a classic. England put a good shift in without ever looking brilliant. Spain looked very average and their lack of fire power up front was painfully obvious. England definatly deserved the win though. Hopefully the Germany game should be a cracker. COYB

It was hardly a classic. England put a good shift in without ever looking brilliant. Spain looked very average and their lack of fire power up front was painfully obvious. England definatly deserved the win though. Hopefully the Germany game should be a cracker. COYB

agree with you their jamie. they are definitely a 'stuart pearce' team. hard working, dogs of war at times with that little bit of flair added in at times

England's youngsters were crushed by Germany in the European Under-21 Championship final in Malmo. The Germans went ahead when Mesut Ozil went past Martin Cranie and cleverly found Gonzalo Castro, who slotted home. Soon after the break, goalkeeper Scott Loach misjudged Ozil's free-kick and palmed the ball into the net. After England's Lee Cattermole hit the bar, Sandro Wagner collected Ozil's pass and fired through Loach's legs and also curled in Germany's fourth. Despite Wagner's late double, it was the outstanding Ozil who was England's chief tormentor. The Werder Bremen playmaker produced several moments of class and always looked dangerous on the counter-attack.