IGNORED

Moutinho

Sounds like a Kopite gelous of us possibly signing one of the best youngsters I have seen in a long time... Probably just got the ã for João on a website.

'Nunca se sabe...(you never know)' We've all heard of google translator mate but if I am wrong then i fear we will not be getting Mouthino.[/quote

i reckon its 1 of those bastards taking the piss

Edited by Licker

Sounds like a Kopite gelous of us possibly signing one of the best youngsters I have seen in a long time... Probably just got the ã for João on a website.

'Nunca se sabe...(you never know)' We've all heard of google translator mate but if I am wrong then i fear we will not be getting Mouthino.

i reckon its 1 of those bastards taking the piss

babelfish translates you never know to "você nunca sabe". It's correct, gramatically, but brasilians say "você". we don't care much for brasilian portuguese...

and what's a kopite? i have to admit, i don't know the slang terms for your teams, although i assume the skunks are newcasle, cuz of the jersey colours...

And thanks, nice to be here.

BTW, what are your needs, reinforcement wise?

Cuz there's a ball club up in Porto, named Boavista, usually the 4th or 5th in the league regularly, that got sentenced to relegation because of game-fixes, and it's quite possible they'll close doors. they're down in tons of debt, players leaving with wages behind, and i there's quite a few interesting players on their roster, and i'm sure they'll go anywhere at this point. just thought i'd mention it...

Need Moutinho in the middle of the park, need a defensive midfielder (M'bia) we also need a goalscorer (Milito),

THESE 3 ARE ON OUR WANTED LIST BUT TENTATIVE BIDS HAV BEEN PLACED JUST TO TEST THE WATER.

We may offer a bit more depending on meetings with the clubs directors.

Nunca se sabe...(you never know)

And thanks, nice to be here.

BTW, what are your needs, reinforcement wise?

Cuz there's a ball club up in Porto, named Boavista, usually the 4th or 5th in the league regularly, that got sentenced to relegation because of game-fixes, and it's quite possible they'll close doors. they're down in tons of debt, players leaving with wages behind, and i there's quite a few interesting players on their roster, and i'm sure they'll go anywhere at this point. just thought i'd mention it...

Really?

Really?

yup. it was a real story here for a couple of years. it was called "Apito dourado" (Golden whistle), and involved also 2nd and 3rd division clubs, and most notably Porto. Porto's cases we're found guilty of "only" intent of coersion, and since, by our (extremely fair) law, that's not the same as actual coersion, they only got 6 points deducted, instead of relegation.

Just to show you the kind of 3rd world politics go on around here...

anyways, boavista got relegated, and since they we're already way over-extended finantially, this could be the proverbial nail in the coffin. I hope so, since i hate the bastards. they we're champions about 8 years ago, with quite a few questionable wins on their way, so i'm hapy to see them go. Clear case of bitting more than they could chew.

we should just stop pissing around and just get the players we need, i can hardly believe we have left it so late to sign any players if davey moyes knew he wanted moutinho before the euros (i read somewhere hes actually been tracking his progress for 3 years) why has it took them almost 3 months to actually bid for the player.

Look at tottenham they have just bought a quality player in luka modric and they had him signed up BEFORE the euro why couldnt we of done something similar. I think Moutinho could be the signing of the season if we could pull it off ive watched him a few times and he looks absolute quality id go as far to say that im not sure what it is but the buy out clause price in his contract sounds like a fair price for a player of his quality

Ive been told from a good source that we actually have a lot more money than you think to spend, ive heard its actually around 50 million with no extra for january transfer window heres how i would spend it

Moutinho 20 mill

Mbia 8 mill

Cana 5 mill

10-12 million on a decent striker leaves around 5 million for a couple of squad players ie a right back and a no2 goalie i reckon if we got these players too add to our other quality players we could almost definetely break into the top 4 what does anyone else think?

Im not to sure about the 50mill but have been thinking along them lines since I saw the fee for Johnson..............undisclosed...........they dont actually want to tell the world what we have got do they....

Was for a second today at the PSV game getting so excited.....at half time the announcer came on and said

"we have a big surprise for you all............"

I was like oooooooo who are we bringing out...... turned out to be Lee Carsley had donated 5k to the ex everton players fund........ urgh ffs at least get your hand in your pocket Lee

Edited by DangerMouse

Well, if you do have that kind of money, then use it wisely ;)

just a few facts on JM's last season:

Sporting 07/08:

Total Games: 56

Starting 11: 55

Substituted: 01

Used sub: 01

Goals: 06

League 07/08:

Total Games: 30

Starting 11: 30

Substituted: 01

Goals: 04

League Cup 07/08:

Total Games: 07

Starting 11: 06

Used sub: 01

National Cup 07/08

Total games: 06

Goals: 01

Champions League 07/08:

Goals: 01

UEFA Cup07/08:

Supertaça 07/08 (played between previous year's champion and cup winner):

Total games: 01

Starting 11: 01

So that's 54 full games played, one substitution (i think it was at about 80') and once he was in the bench, but came on. that's all the games sporting played last season, and he was on all of them. the boy is a powerhouse of endurance. and he still managed to go the Euro and do some nice things there. So you see, he is indeed worth all that and more:)

Anyways, it's just about game time, Sporting Vs. Sampdoria, so, if you have any way to check that, go ahead and do, you'll see him in action there.

Laterz

we should bid 18mil now before arsenal, were messing around trying to get him for £13m. looks obvious sporting wont accept anything less. if anyone watched the game vs psv is wasnt great though gosling and rodwell did show they could be future stars. so maybe get smith for £1.5m, (i know but we need numbers at least) m'bia for £6m, moutinho and whoever else they can. we were promised signings last week! were are they? come on Bill get your chequebook out!!!

:)

we should bid 18mil now before arsenal, were messing around trying to get him for £13m. looks obvious sporting wont accept anything less. if anyone watched the game vs psv is wasnt great though gosling and rodwell did show they could be future stars. so maybe get smith for £1.5m, (i know but we need numbers at least) m'bia for £6m, moutinho and whoever else they can. we were promised signings last week! were are they? come on Bill get your chequebook out!!!

i agree with you mate, but i got ridiculed for saying we should just pay 18mil. people we coming up and saying 'well if you offer 18 mil then sporting will want more' well balls to them, they'll be moaning like kopites if arsenal bid 18 and get him. I want Moutinho, Mbia, Cana and Milito at Goodison, come Billy boy get the money out and give Everton the players they deserve. Cana would be class :)

i thought he was a wind up since he first came on here, stinks of kopite to me

but..........just ran a search on his ip address, his posts are coming from lisbon.

now he could be a brit working/living abroad, dont know, but he is based in portugal for sure.

from the report, the guy could possibly be called Pedro Jose Goncalves or Alfredo Alvim.

on topic thou. he may have a release clause, but they will accept less than the clause, clubs always do.

and you lads in lisbon may think he has no reason to come here, apart from his agent is now employed by efc and im damn sure hes pushing the lad our way. if we have actually got the money im sure he'll be a blue in the next two weeks or so

i thought he was a wind up since he first came on here, stinks of kopite to me

but..........just ran a search on his ip address, his posts are coming from lisbon.

now he could be a brit working/living abroad, dont know, but he is based in portugal for sure.

from the report, the guy could possibly be called Pedro Jose Goncalves or Alfredo Alvim.

on topic thou. he may have a release clause, but they will accept less than the clause, clubs always do.

and you lads in lisbon may think he has no reason to come here, apart from his agent is now employed by efc and im damn sure hes pushing the lad our way. if we have actually got the money im sure he'll be a blue in the next two weeks or so

i still have no idea who a kopite is. can someone pls post the slangs and the clubs they belong to?

in case u're curious, here we have:

Benfica fans are called Lampiões, which is both a big lamp (usually red) and a breed of pig;

Porto fans are Tripeiros, since the city's most famous dish is tripas (pig intestines)

Sporting fans are called lagartos, which is lizards, cuz of the green.

Also, tonight's result, Sporting 2 - Sampdoria 0, 2nd goal scored by João Moutinho, from the penalty spot, at the 82nd minute. He was substituted afterwards, to the applause of the croud.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=146172

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=798556&idCanal=4

oh, and has for the laterz, i play mmorpgs, so between the LFGs, the DPSs, we tend to pick up quite a few things. Besides, just because you brits have a hard time with languages, doesn't mean the rest of us do ;)

Just observed transcript, I doubt the fella is a kopite or a wnd up murchant.... defo Portuguese, types and pronounces better than a red could ever do. Articulate enough and respectful enough to deserve respect. Still, we want MOUT! Seen enough today to realise we are 2 years away from Rodwell, Gosling and Baxter being a major force, then again do we want them pinched.

well moutniho not wanting to join us is bullshit if you heard.read the interview i saw, he said "i want to leave sporting, they know this, and everton have put a bid in for me, lets hope the two clubs can come to an agreement" this was in the mirror. i think if true that it means he would like to join us.

i would. (blue specs are on yes)

i still have no idea who a kopite is. can someone pls post the slangs and the clubs they belong to?

in case u're curious, here we have:

Benfica fans are called Lampiões, which is both a big lamp (usually red) and a breed of pig;

Porto fans are Tripeiros, since the city's most famous dish is tripas (pig intestines)

Sporting fans are called lagartos, which is lizards, cuz of the green.

Also, tonight's result, Sporting 2 - Sampdoria 0, 2nd goal scored by João Moutinho, from the penalty spot, at the 82nd minute. He was substituted afterwards, to the applause of the croud.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=146172

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=798556&idCanal=4

oh, and has for the laterz, i play mmorpgs, so between the LFGs, the DPSs, we tend to pick up quite a few things. Besides, just because you brits have a hard time with languages, doesn't mean the rest of us do ;)

Bollocks mate, one person i know , English in nationality, speaks 5 languages including greek which she self taught herself in 2 months. Plus English is the language of mankind, always will be. We don't have a problem with languages, we just let other people learn ours. You need ours, we don't need yours

Bollocks mate, one person i know , English in nationality, speaks 5 languages including greek which she self taught herself in 2 months. Plus English is the language of mankind, always will be. We don't have a problem with languages, we just let other people learn ours. You need ours, we don't need yours

Well, good for her. but you have to admit, she's the exception, not the rule. most brits have a holier than though atitute regarding this. but hei, could be worse. u could be a yank ;)

anyways, back on topic, someone said thata him not wanting to join EFC was bullocks, and then quoted his interview in which he said he wanted to leave. His claim of personal problems as a reason for departure has also been more or less explained, seems his family has incurred some debts, and the lad wants more money fast so he can solve them. A couple of months ago, before the Euro, when asked about it, he said he was confortable here, that he didn't have plans to leave in an imediate future. then all of a sudden, his will is to leave? something changed, you don't just decide after a few months that you want to leave a team playing for championships and in the Champions League to play for european qualification. and since his contract got revised last season as well, the only reason i see is that he needs more money, for some reason...

We do need one of your players though!!!!! smile.gif

From the things i've read around here, you could use more than one, but we're not selling :D

Edited by Sporting4ever

Sporting4ever, if there are any new developments will you keep us posted.?? you will probably hear about it before we do.

Sure. our sports press here is pretty stalker like, so they might get something 1st, but if he shows up there for medicals like i've a rumour he will, u might know sooner. ;)

He had some knee injury in EUro2008? But nothing too serious?

don't know. Miguel Veloso had something, but i think moutinho was more fatigue than anything else. he did play over 60 (possibly 70) games last season, and that's quite a feat, but he's at 100% form atm. played yesterday, scored from the spot at 82', was substituted a minute later, to the croud's applause.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/7552400.stm

BBC is reporting we are close to the signings of Love, Smith and Mbia. But Moutinho is a no go becasue we can't raise enough cash.

Its not really reporting much new but at least its a more reliable source from a major broadcaster.

I'd be happy with those three as a start, we would still need another midfield player but this would be a excellent start.

don't know. Miguel Veloso had something, but i think moutinho was more fatigue than anything else. he did play over 60 (possibly 70) games last season, and that's quite a feat, but he's at 100% form atm. played yesterday, scored from the spot at 82', was substituted a minute later, to the croud's applause.

I reckon you are Joao Moutinho