IGNORED

Moutinho

i honestly think he will wanna come to us. it would at least put him in the shop window, if he is such a world beater he should look awesome in our team.

but west ham is in london, that is often a big factor for foreign players. but they will be paying similar or less wages than us

If he didn't want to come to us why would he want to go to West Ham? :blink:

Doubt he would go to West Ham to be honest. Were a better club, fact.

(+) We have had a better history, they have been relegated recently and are not that well established in the Premier League.

(+) We have competed in both Champions League and UEFA Cup competitions and Europe seems like a consistant finish for us.

(+) Long serving manager and good atmousphere

(+) No fannying about with the board - Tevez Saga

(+) We have top players. Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Jagileka. It sounds interesting.

If we did want to buy him then that would be our big signing for the summer. Jo has not been up to standard and can go back to Manchester City. If we splashed the cash on him and then coulden't afford Moutinhio then there would be some questions being asked. The more I hear about this lad the more interesting it sounds. The Champions League might be having an effect on him. Sporting were basically shown up in front of the rest of the footballing world. Maybe this could want him to move ship?

I dont know but it would be a good player to lock in the midfield with the likes of Mikel, Tim and Steven.

(+) We have had a better history, they have been relegated recently and are not that well established in the Premier League.

(+) We have competed in both Champions League and UEFA Cup competitions and Europe seems like a consistant finish for us.

(+) We have top players. Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Jagileka. It sounds interesting.

If we did want to buy him then that would be our big signing for the summer. Jo has not been up to standard and can go back to Manchester City. If we splashed the cash on him and then coulden't afford Moutinhio then there would be some questions being asked. The more I hear about this lad the more interesting it sounds. The Champions League might be having an effect on him. Sporting were basically shown up in front of the rest of the footballing world. Maybe this could want him to move ship?

I dont know but it would be a good player to lock in the midfield with the likes of Mikel, Tim and Steven.

Top post Dark, spot on with everything. We should definately be more appealing, and with finances permitting I think we can definately get him this summer.

All valid points, but if the choice is made, it will be basically because of his agent, Zahavin, who's a big chum of EFC.

As for that bit, it's not up to him, otherwise he'd be there already. The fact is, his contract runs out in 2013 or something, so unless someone pays what Sporting want, or the release fee, he stays put.

his contract runs out in 2013 or something, so unless someone pays what Sporting want, or the release fee, he stays put.

Things do not work like that sadly in todays game if he wanted out he would go regardless. I hope we do get him as he is a great player but i can not see it happening because of funds but you never know i suppose :rolleyes:

Wont go to West Ham they dont have the money for 1, or the squad. Secondly they will probably be signing a striker in summer, there quite well coverd in midfield.

Third he would want to go to a team with a chance of getting champs leauge thats the top 6 in EPL.

If he was going to go anywhere appart from us then Aston Villa might be his destination if they sell Barry to the RS.

Realy hope its us, though we need a winger more imho. Both would be nice ;)

Things do not work like that sadly in todays game if he wanted out he would go regardless. I hope we do get him as he is a great player but i can not see it happening because of funds but you never know i suppose :rolleyes:

Then why didn't he leave last summer? He clearly wanted to. No, a player cannot unilaterally sever is contract without just cause, and that would mean a severance pay, both for the years the club spent training him and the years still due on his contract. Which would pretty much ammount to roughly his release clause... Players have a lot of freedom, too much, if you aske me, while clubs are left defenseless. And while some can afford to that, and have the monetary issue on their side, others don't...

I too, doubt he'll go to west ham, unless of course, they can afford him and Everton can't, but I don't see that happening. Also, I don't see him wanting to go there. Unlike his idiot friend veloso, who cried because we didn't let him join giants Bolton Wanderers, Moutinho knows that, appart from the big 4, Everton is the only club where he'll be equal or better than where he is.

Of course, I don't see it like that, but I'm not a professional footballer... ;)

Then why didn't he leave last summer? He clearly wanted to. No, a player cannot unilaterally sever is contract without just cause, and that would mean a severance pay, both for the years the club spent training him and the years still due on his contract. Which would pretty much ammount to roughly his release clause... Players have a lot of freedom, too much, if you aske me, while clubs are left defenseless. And while some can afford to that, and have the monetary issue on their side, others don't...

I too, doubt he'll go to west ham, unless of course, they can afford him and Everton can't, but I don't see that happening. Also, I don't see him wanting to go there. Unlike his idiot friend veloso, who cried because we didn't let him join giants Bolton Wanderers, Moutinho knows that, appart from the big 4, Everton is the only club where he'll be equal or better than where he is.

Of course, I don't see it like that, but I'm not a professional footballer... ;)

Not sure about the ins and outs mate but we have seen it many of times that players spit the dummy and end up leaving either way if he comes great if not then we move on not much more we could do really :)

You only have to look at the Arshavin transfer saga to see how player power can win, at the end of the day if he wants to leave he will and there aint much you can do about it.

I do agree with your point abount Everton being his best option outside the top 4, however if Man City came in for him i can see him seeing $$$$$ signs and signing for them.

You only have to look at the Arshavin transfer saga to see how player power can win, at the end of the day if he wants to leave he will and there aint much you can do about it.

gareth bary and ronaldo last summer springs to mind though....

both of them were in the press saying they wanted to leave but the managers dug their heels in and they both ended up staying put for the season. maybe something similar happened at sporting?

Not sure about the ins and outs mate but we have seen it many of times that players spit the dummy and end up leaving either way if he comes great if not then we move on not much more we could do really :)

I do agree with your point abount Everton being his best option outside the top 4, however if Man City came in for him i can see him seeing $$$$$ signs and signing for them.

Well, not when they sign a contract, it isn't...

I don't know how the Russians protect themselves, but here there's the release clause. If a club (or someone) comes and pays that release value, he's gone.

If they don't, in order for the contract to be severed either both parts agree on compensations, or it's a one sided severing, which will have to be judged by the proper authorities, and if rulled unlawful, again, proper compensation will have to be payed.

As for citeh, don't know, really... Don't know if they're that interested in him, the sheik wants big names.

both of them were in the press saying they wanted to leave but the managers dug their heels in and they both ended up staying put for the season. maybe something similar happened at sporting?

Well, of course, Sporting wanted to keep him, he's been instrumental on our team for years, and both the manager and the club wanted to keep him. In the past, we've had to settle for less value on players because we needed the cash, simão, quaresma, ronaldo, hugo viana, etc. This year, we got to the point where we could say that instrumental players are to be held on to, otherwise were constantly having to get replacements, and all that experience we gave the player is gonna profit someone else. So we held our ground.

For example, there's talk now of west ham, and the news reports have him rated at 8,5 million £... I mean, come on. If Everton couldn't get him for what, 15, 16M, is west hamBolton gonna get him for 8??? Who in here believes that???

The Barry saga was down to O'Neil convincing him to hang on for one more season probebly due to the fact they have the money to build a better squad etc and with Ronaldo everyone knows the clown was not going to leave he and United milked that whole rumour look at the publicity it gave them both.

Sporting every player has a contract with the club they play for no different with Moutinho maybe small cluases and so on but a contract non the less dont get me wrong you are right in what you are saying but if a players head is turned by another club the club wont risk keeping a player who wont give 100% look at Keane and Berbatov. It all comes down to the players credibility and whether he respects his club enough to be loyal which luckily you seem to have in Moutinho its been publicly talked about for ages now by the press the FA and Blatter and co that footballers hold more power then the club when it comes to transfers plus the agents play a huge part in prizing players away from clubs.

The money quoted by WHam is very low but as reported with Arshavin Spurs offered around £16 million and Zenit wanted £22 million which put clubs off then Arsenal sign him for reportedly around £12 million so it could be true i suppose.

I like the pic btw Dmac :lol:

Edited by EFC-Paul

The Barry saga was down to O'Neil convincing him to hang on for one more season probebly due to the fact they have the money to build a better squad etc and with Ronaldo everyone knows the clown was not going to leave he and United milked that whole rumour look at the publicity it gave them both.

Sporting every player has a contract with the club they play for no different with Moutinho maybe small cluases and so on but a contract non the less dont get me wrong you are right in what you are saying but if a players head is turned by another club the club wont risk keeping a player who wont give 100% look at Keane and Berbatov. It all comes down to the players credibility and whether he respects his club enough to be loyal which luckily you seem to have in Moutinho its been publicly talked about for ages now by the press the FA and Blatter and co that footballers hold more power then the club when it comes to transfers plus the agents play a huge part in prizing players away from clubs.

The money quoted by WHam is very low but as reported with Arshavin Spurs offered around £16 million and Zenit wanted £22 million which put clubs off then Arsenal sign him for reportedly around £12 million so it could be true i suppose.

I like the pic btw Dmac :lol:

You have a point there. But to give you another example, Miguel Veloso wanted to leave this last winter transfer season, to Bolton, of all places, who'd pay 10M£, for a player with a release clause of 30. He's been playing shite this season, the coach needs him sometimes as left back, but he prefers DM. H'es been acting like a prick, he and his red-assed dad were all annoyed about Sporting not letting him leave for the monsters that are bolton, for a 3rd (or at least half) of what he's worth, and he's running a temper tantrum. The thing is, the boy has a contract until 2013. So what do you figure is going to the interest in him come 2013, if he's benched till then...? No one wants emo kids, clubs want PROFESSIONALS. When he figures that out, we'll see if it's too late for him...

sporting, i see your values, and i do agree with you on all of them. but you just seem a little naive on this. would the club hold onto veloso for 4 years paying his wages? or sell him at a drop down price and stop him disrupting the team? i know what id want my club to do.

I say "lets buy both veloso and moutinho" they are absolutely class and although miguel has been temperemental this season he would be awesome in a side like ours!

I know I'm dreaming a little as I cant see us having the cash/wage budget for both but just imagine a midfield of veloso,moutinho,cahill,arteta, and piennar!!!!! with the likes of osman,rodwell,fellaini etc coming off the bench! The amount of chances they would create for yakubu,saha,victor, vaughn would be unbelievable. At to the fact we already have one of THE best defences in the league a top 4 finish would then be a realistic opportunity.

Ever the optomist I am!!

COYB's

sporting, i see your values, and i do agree with you on all of them. but you just seem a little naive on this. would the club hold onto veloso for 4 years paying his wages? or sell him at a drop down price and stop him disrupting the team? i know what id want my club to do.

I get your point. Now look at it from his prespective. 4 years from now, he'll be 27, with one or 2 good seasons behind him, and a history of professional misconduct and rebellious nature against his club, manager and team mates. Who's gonna sign him?

Besides, he's (and in this I see his point) one of the lowest payed players. He gets about 1/4th of what Moutinho gets. So now the question is wether or not he wants to ruin his future because of his lousy attitude...

A similar situation happened with Vukcevic. Regular primma donna, with a history of past problems in his last clubs, and so he comes here, shows his quality, and then shows his arrogance, demanding 1st team football. The manager, obviously, benched him, he protests, his agent protests, the manager of his country's team protests, and then he says he's leaving in January, like it's his decision... He didn't, of course, so he keeps doing crap, faking injuries, while playing for his country without any apparent problems, until he makes a mistake. He asked to leave for his national side appointments one day earlier, and was denied. He left anyway, and was of course suspended and fined. I think that's when it finally dawned on him that, at 21 years of age, beeing benched for (at least) half a season more, with the history of insubordination he already had, his carrer was pretty much over unless he grew up. So he did, swallowed his HUGE ego (must have been hard), started doing his job during the week, and is now back in the squad, in the starting 11, which he does deserve, 'cuz he's great quality, but you don't demand a spot, you work for it.

So now this little upstart, whose father was an icon for that "other club", a club so insightful that they didn't want Veloso because he was a little chubby as a boy, and which Sporting more than welcomed, because fat goes away, but talent is innate, turned him into an excelent footballer, who now thinks he's a primma donna too, and pretty much spits on the club that allowed him to be what he is today.

So to answer your question, yeah, I'd bench him for 4 years. If nothing else than to show him and others coming through the academy that Sporting is not a stepping stone into more money. You want more, you work for it. We've been great at forming talent, we need to start working on maturity as well.

For example, there's talk now of west ham, and the news reports have him rated at 8,5 million £... I mean, come on. If Everton couldn't get him for what, 15, 16M, is west hamBolton gonna get him for 8??? Who in here believes that???

i read somewhere that moutinho has only 12 months left on his contract in the summer maybe that is why the low price.can anyone confirm this or was it just paper talk!

i read somewhere that moutinho has only 12 months left on his contract in the summer maybe that is why the low price.can anyone confirm this or was it just paper talk!

I don't think so. We renewed his contract in 2007, making him (at the time) the best payed footballer in the squad. His contract his valid until 2013.

Not too worried about the west-ham link (and newcastle - i dont think championship football will appeal to him). The only way we'd loose out to west ham is if they offer a lot more money than we do. Otherwise, I think he'd prefer to play for a team and manager who have proved themselves consistent with European places and high in the league. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

As much as I would like him here, with Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Neville, Rodwell and Osman (even Castillio if he stays-but he won't) all who can play in a central role I really do not see him as a priority and with the limited funds that we have really got to add width to the team as that is seriously lacking in our play.