IGNORED

Lescott

Personally i'd swap them round, only due to structure and physical presence, if i was a manager against us, i'd put a larger right mid/winger to attack the left flank and bully nuts and baines off. At least this way, you can keep a balance? Sessegnon can play either side, his feet are like gold dust haha

----------Howard-------

Richards-Jags-Yobo-Baines

Pienaar-Neville-Arteta-Sessegnon

-------Cahill-----------------

-------------Yakubu-----------

Good call. Either way that would be a hell of line up and would be better than what we have at the moment with J.Lo in the team. However, this aint gonna happen so we're just dreaming (Getting Richards as part of the deal, enebelling us to spend on the likes of Sessesgon that is!)

You know what will happen he will go a couple of days bvefore the window closes and we wont have a replacement and by the time the window opens the money would have gone.

I beleive that if he wants to leave then we should let him go on our terms

My concern is that if he is not sold before the window goes he will be sold in January or end of next season and most prob for less money than we would get now.

I think everyone can see it, but can Everton? When Jags' back, we dont really need Lescott, coz we'd have Joey and Jags (Cnt remember if Joey is at ACN), maybe Senderos and Rodwelll for cover. At the minute, we only have Yobo? So City can expect to pay over the odds. Agree with Mike, he's done it when he's away and done it after he's been picked for an England call-up. Some people are never greatful eh?

We may even get more in jan simply becasue jan is more inflatted than summer. However, if we don't sell him now then city will just buy someone else, which means we have an unhappy player on our books for the forseeable futre as city will have possibly sorted there defensive problems.

Its a right shitter of a situation, I had no problem with J.Lo until now. Its not handing in a transfer request, thats fine. He has no true allegiance to the club and I never really thought of him as Everton through and through. Its the timing of the request. Its stringing the fans along. Its letting them sing your name in huge numbers. Its applauding every touch of the ball. When he knows, HE KNOWS, he has a transfer request waiting in his back pocket to hand in as soon as he is far enough away. Its cowardice of the highest order.

Edited by jamiemaher85

You can blame him for not acting like a man and stating his intentions at the start of the transfer window, not 4 bloody days before the season starts. He should have grown a paid and handed in a request months ago. There wouldn't be such bad feelings towards him then, but trying to force the move just before the season starts when a) we have little time to replace and b ) that replacement will take time to adjust as they have not spent pre-season with us. He should have grown a pair and stepped up to the plate. If he wanted to leave all along then he should have just said so rather than pussying around like a nonce.

Oh come on is anybody really niave enough to beleive that Lescott was ever going to say he wanted to stay. This has been going on all summer and Moyse sees Lescott everyday in training you cant seriously beleive the subject has never cropped up. Everton have known all along that Lescott wanted to go otherwise he would have nipped the whole thing in the bud months ago by publicly declairing his intention to stay.

The only thing that has changed by him formally putting in a transfer request is that he is no longer entitled to a loyalty bonus

I dont blame him for wanting to go to City, would you turn down a job for double your wages? Apart from that City are obviously a club that are going places and quickly whereas Everton are clearly not moving forward at all

If Moyse could honestly say to Lescott, turn down all that dosh and stick with us because we are signing this player or that player and are really going to have a good go at the top 4 then maybe things might be different but he cant and its obvious that the very best we could hope for is a top 8 finish

Lets be honest, Lescott does not give a F/F about Everton, or what they have done for him, and I guess neither would I if another company offered to treble my wages, however, Football is not just a business, and players are not just employees, we, the fans, through the money we pay for games, merchandise etc, make them what they are!

He does not want to stay, so what’s the point of keeping him? He is just greedy like the rest of them, with zero loyalty to his club. Let him go to Mercenary City F.C., yes, we will miss him, and it will be difficult to replace him, especially in 4 days, but we will survive, we always do, we are Everton F.C. and we, unlike Lescott, will still be here in years to come! C.O.Y.B.

Oh come on is anybody really niave enough to beleive that Lescott was ever going to say he wanted to stay. This has been going on all summer and Moyse sees Lescott everyday in training you cant seriously beleive the subject has never cropped up. Everton have known all along that Lescott wanted to go otherwise he would have nipped the whole thing in the bud months ago by publicly declairing his intention to stay.

The only thing that has changed by him formally putting in a transfer request is that he is no longer entitled to a loyalty bonus

I dont blame him for wanting to go to City, would you turn down a job for double your wages? Apart from that City are obviously a club that are going places and quickly whereas Everton are clearly not moving forward at all

If Moyse could honestly say to Lescott, turn down all that dosh and stick with us because we are signing this player or that player and are really going to have a good go at the top 4 then maybe things might be different but he cant and its obvious that the very best we could hope for is a top 8 finish

I think you missed my point. I was stating that you couldn't blame him really for wanting to move, more you can blame him for the manner in which he acted and the timing of the situation. If he wants to go then hand in the transfer request. We have already rejected two bids from City for him, he could have put the request in anytime during then, just not 4 days before the season begins FFS

I think you missed my point. I was stating that you couldn't blame him really for wanting to move, more you can blame him for the manner in which he acted and the timing of the situation. If he wants to go then hand in the transfer request. We have already rejected two bids from City for him, he could have put the request in anytime during then, just not 4 days before the season begins FFS

I havent missed your point although I think you may have missed mine!

Do you honestly beleive this has come as some sort of bombshell to Moyse/Everton ? They will have known for months that he wants to go as I said the request doesnt change a thing

I havent missed your point although I think you may have missed mine!

Do you honestly beleive this has come as some sort of bombshell to Moyse/Everton ? They will have known for months that he wants to go as I said the request doesnt change a thing

It's how the fans will percieve it though. It one thing to pine for a move, its another to hand in a transfer request. He wanted it, he should have asked for it in the first place. This is his life and his career, he should act like a man and take responsability not wait until he has left the Everton training camp and joined up with England where he doesn't have to look Moyes or the other players in the eyes and then hands it in. He is a coward. Plain and simple.

As far as I'm concerned Joleon Lescott ceased to be an Everton player today, whether he's still at the club come 5PM September 1st or not. His head is at City now even if his body doesn't end up there in this transfer window.

I'm pissed at the timing of his transfer request because it is an act of cowardice but I can honestly say I don't blame him for wanting to leave. He's probably looked at us this summer and thought Everton Football Club is only going in one direction; BACKWARDS. Truthfully, who could actually argue with that assessment? I know I can't. We've got an owner who has a good heart but hasn't got two pennies to rub together and has taken us as far as he can, and a manager who has admitted he's 'demented' by our transfer position this summer.

For those saying we should now milk City for every penny are kidding themselves. City now hold every card and can afford to be stubborn and not up their last bid of £18million. Lescott handing in a transfer request has fucked us over, the time to milk City was before the request.

Good luck at City Joleon.

well done moyes for turning it down. he wont be bullied by city and he wont be bullied by a player who last year wanted to spend the next four years here. Make him stay, make him face his team mates, make him face the fans, and if he wants to go to the world cup, he has to do this, and well!

Lets friggin rince the arabs...make life difficult for them, he's our player untill the request is granted so make him rot a little and start sending out shitty media bites, "help me Marky"...Then say final offer £26m (or more/ plus player) otherwise, he goes nowhere. Timing is a fuckin joke, and what pisses me off more, my mates never rated him and ripped him for his head, so i stuck my neck out all the time in front of kopites and Mancs, and now i wish i hadnt bothered!!

Theres only one Jag-iel-ka, Theres only one Jag-iel-ka!

Taking the neutral view here.

Lescott has the right to choose if he wants to leave.

That said he should have done right by the club and said so last wayyyyyyyyyyyy earlier.

[harsh_response]Bull-fucking-shit[/harsh_response]

Lescott, an asset, is contracted to Everton, the business. If this was anything other than football then contracts actually have a meaning and not just a financial compensation meaning.

Timing is very bad. If he wanted to go, what has changed now over 2 weeks ago? Nothing except a plan to force his move.

It's crazy that he's left this so late, and I agree with those on here who claim that is is cowardice that he hands in a formal request, one - at this late stage, and two - while he's away on international duty. Whether he'll be here come September, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess, but I tend to think that Moyes is likely to stand his ground on this one. We all know though, that we could really use the money that city are offering, and if we could "exchange" Lescott for any of these (Moutinho, Sessegnon, Defour), I think that would be good business, however, the problem is that we'd have no-one to play at CB, and we already need to get defensive cover in at the moment, so an 'exchange' like that would never materialise.

Good on Moyes, for standing his ground on this one though, it's gonna be interesting what kind of reception J-lo receives on Saturday - can't wait for that one.

As far as I'm concerned Joleon Lescott ceased to be an Everton player today, whether he's still at the club come 5PM September 1st or not. His head is at City now even if his body doesn't end up there in this transfer window.

I'm pissed at the timing of his transfer request because it is an act of cowardice but I can honestly say I don't blame him for wanting to leave. He's probably looked at us this summer and thought Everton Football Club is only going in one direction; BACKWARDS. Truthfully, who could actually argue with that assessment? I know I can't. We've got an owner who has a good heart but hasn't got two pennies to rub together and has taken us as far as he can, and a manager who has admitted he's 'demented' by our transfer position this summer.

For those saying we should now milk City for every penny are kidding themselves. City now hold every card and can afford to be stubborn and not up their last bid of £18million. Lescott handing in a transfer request has fucked us over, the time to milk City was before the request.

Good luck at City Joleon.

Why?????

What has changed he still has 4 years left on his contract

Before he handed in his transfer request City wanted him, he wanted to go and we wouldnt let him since he has handed in his transfer request City wanted him, he wanted to go and we wouldnt let him so I fail to see how anything has changed

If thet want him badly enough they will still have to up thier bid if not he stays an Everton player I think the club are 100% right in the way we are handling it

I'd like to see if City put in another official bid. If they do, I still think it'll be more than their last two bids. (Reasoning: even though Lescott's handed in a request, it's been rejected). Still unless it's closer to the £30mill mark(ie, ridiculous money), I think it'll still be rejected.

Why?????

What has changed he still has 4 years left on his contract

Before he handed in his transfer request City wanted him, he wanted to go and we wouldnt let him since he has handed in his transfer request City wanted him, he wanted to go and we wouldnt let him so I fail to see how anything has changed

If thet want him badly enough they will still have to up thier bid if not he stays an Everton player I think the club are 100% right in the way we are handling it

Agree totally, why should we sell him? Moyes wants him to stay and hasn't changed his stance. He isn't going to want to ruin his world cup chances so make him stay.

I'd like to see if City put in another official bid. If they do, I still think it'll be more than their last two bids. (Reasoning: even though Lescott's handed in a request, it's been rejected). Still unless it's closer to the £30mill mark(ie, ridiculous money), I think it'll still be rejected.

bet you the money in my pocket (Dont worry im not arabian or related to any) that the bid is the £22m...!