IGNORED

Vaughan

I think people need to realise Vaughan goal to game ratio is poor, and isn't developing into what was promised. Time to cut the emotional tie and sell while people are interested and have cash to spend.

Vaughan is a lot like Ossie in my mind, except Vaughany has less ball skill, more physical ability.

I think that with experience from a loan he could really improve.

I do agree though, a £6m fee could be spent to great use elsewhere. It's hard because I think he could be a premier league quality striker.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaughan is a lot like Ossie in my mind, except Vaughany has less ball skill, more physical ability.

I think that with experience from a loan he could really improve.

I do agree though, a £6m fee could be spent to great use elsewhere. It's hard because I think he could be a premier league quality striker.

I know exactly what you mean, as I desperately wanted him to success as he is a forward every one likes to him ie aggressive with natural finishing ability. But the time has come for him to leave, on loan or permanently.

I think people need to realise Vaughan goal to game ratio is poor, and isn't developing into what was promised. Time to cut the emotional tie and sell while people are interested and have cash to spend.

how ironic with your name as it is.

on topic : i think a loan to newcastle could be a great move for him, dropping down a level will do im good and at a very good championship side, look at how well shola is doing! i think, now the yak is back, this is a very good move for everton and jv.

Hmmm, I hate to not read what everyone else has said so I'm stepping on anyone toes or repeating what has been said then apologies are at hand . . .

Basically, as long as we can re-call in January when our strike-force becomes depleted by two then why not, he could do with playing time. However, if Moyes is just being gentle with him so that he doesn't immediately get injured again then I hope he stays since I still think he has a big, big future with Everton.

True.

Also, Stoke are a team in which their forwards do a lot of running - along with the rest of the team, obviously - so it would be a good way to prove his fitness and hopefully be in a good condition by the time January rolls around.

I would hope that any loan deal would include a clause which means he couldn't play against us?

Edited by Calico

Was looking on FA website to see if I could find the rules about loaned players. Didn't, but I'm certain they're not allowed to play against the parent because it falls into the 3rd party ownership thing or something along the same lines.

But anyhow;

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder-21Team/NewsAndFeatures/2009/SquadUpdate_30Aug.aspx

Looks like the injury curse has struck again as Vaughany is out of the u21 squad with a knee injury. This lad must've been a right bastard in a previous life for all the bad luck he's having in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the end for Vaughan, realistically he hasn't got a future here so all the best to him.

I dont see why. Saha is getting on a bit and in the last year of his contract, Jo is only on loan. Anichebe is crap anyway which just leaves Vaughn and Yak. So if he goes out on loan and proves his injury woes are behind him there is no reason he cant force his way back into the picture

I think him going out on loan for a season is te best thing that could happen to him for is career. The only way he will have a future at Everton is going out on loan to help him kick on. Osman came back a much better player after his loan spells at Carlilse and Derby.

If that's the case then better cut our losses now! Seriously though Vaughan talent is questionable, and his injury record concerns me especially at such a young age. I think Jo will stay beyond the season, I hope so as don't understand the stick he gets.

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

Personally I like the kid and wouldnt want us to sell him, let him go on loan to a decent championship team which he will get games and goals in until january and look at the situation then. I wouldnt agree to a full season loan unless we have the option to recall as I dont think any of us see saha lasting a full season and also we dont know how long before the Yak is back to his old self.