IGNORED

Vaughan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if he stays fit then this will do him the world of good, he is well able to cope with the challenges of the championship in terms of physicality (is that a word?) lets say a prayer as it will be like a new player when he comes back in 3 months (if he does come back!)

fully agree, the more strikers the better, hopefully he will come back with a lot more experience and the drive to make the first team. only 3 month loan though, not sure this will happen

vaughan got m.o.m for derby vs crystal palace on his debut but couldn't score. the derby fans are very excited about his signing and hopefully he can the games and goals to give him the confidence to have a good go at breaking into moyes team. as said by previous ppl osman came back a much better player from a loan spell at derby and i also think when victor is fit he should be sent out to the championship aswell

vaughan got m.o.m for derby vs crystal palace on his debut but couldn't score. the derby fans are very excited about his signing and hopefully he can the games and goals to give him the confidence to have a good go at breaking into moyes team. as said by previous ppl osman came back a much better player from a loan spell at derby and i also think when victor is fit he should be sent out to the championship aswell

thats great, I really like the lad and I hope he's great for derby and comes back better for us

I never made a secret of it on here, but I rated Vaughan all the way!

Never give up James while you still have a fighting chance, find the best surgeon in the world, take your time (you've still got plenty of that)....you've got the talent, now you need the luck.......and that's what every Evertonian wishes you.

Rough go for this lad. Recurring knee injuries are devestating to the physchie of a player. Hope he can find the strength to overcome. Good luck James

Unfortunatly he can be the mentally strongest person in the world if your knees are gone then there is very very little you can do. One of the main reasons players retire when they are older is becasue of there knees, the fact young James has had so many problems with them early on doesn't bode well. He also has not moved on as a footballer since his debut either. His style of play has not moved on at all from that palace game, (i.e. run around like mad, get your foot in, try hard, achieve little). This all may sound overly critical but i'm being as honest as i can. I had really high hopes for the lad. I just cant see it happening now.

If it was hamstrings or something similar it wouldnt be as bad, for example Giggs used to have a really bad recurrent hamstring problem, when asked how he helped stop this he has said he never runs at his full pace, the last 5 years he's only ever run at about 70% capacity max to ensure the problem doesnt come back, show's the quality of the man that he knows how much to hold himself back to ensure longeviety in his career. TBH Vaughn will be very very lucky to make it to 30 with the way his body has gone. I feel really sorry for him, but unfortunatly, thems the breaks.

Anyone know what his list of injuries are? Cruciate in both knees follwed by a series of cartilage problems?

And how many ops? It's sad for him but I can't see how he can ever get back playing full time with all this. Your knee is more vulnerable after cruciate damage coz of the scar tissue, which makes cartilage damage more likely. Cartilage heals badly - the amount of damage the poor lad's had i wonder if he's got any non-scarred cartilage left.

I guess the other thing he's gotta ask himself is is it worth it. It's like Ledley King - have injections all week to take swelling out your knee to play, and the it still goes every couple of months. He could risk being crippled if he's not careful

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.fansfc.com/Everton/story/16731/7.html

I've always thought he could be a great player for us but for that price after all his problems I'd snap their hand off.

I unfortunately have to agree there, 3mill for someone who is nearly always injured is too good to turn down. Would be sorry to see him go though, i thought he couldve been huge here...

i dont think we could buy a decent player for £3m, so id be happy for him to stick it out.

this is true, but an injured player is useless. what would you rather have, a half decent player who is fit and can help in team where there are so many injuries or a player who cant play because hes injured all the time?

i would like to keep him, but he is as unlucky as i am with injuries. we need people who can play or can warm the bench, there are plenty warming the physio table...

• 1 month later...

Moyes said he won't let him go back just yet, personally I think the next 6 months will be the ultimate judgement of his Everton career. I hope greatly for him he stays fit and plays well because one or two more long term injuries and I could see us letting him go :unsure:

Clough was quoted as saying this about his chances of getting Vaughan

"We've spoken to Everton about him and they'll know a bit more in a couple of weeks if they've got their targets sorted. "

Sounds like we are after at least one forward ourselves. If we manage to get a couple in and have enough players I still think letting him go out on loan to Derby would be the best option all round