IGNORED

Vaughan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what sense Spidey? He's played what, 40 odd games in just over 5 seasons, hasn't scored that many and has knees as fragile as bone-china!? We are practicaly selling a dodgy/broken item on EBAY that just so happens to look patched up but underneath is fecked.

I feel sorry for the guy because he has been so unlucky with injuries but just think that at one point last season he was on the brink of retiring and actually would have walked away without a penny going to the club. So £1m + bonuses isn't that bad really?

In what sense Spidey? He's played what, 40 odd games in just over 5 seasons, hasn't scored that many and has knees as fragile as bone-china!? We are practicaly selling a dodgy/broken item on EBAY that just so happens to look patched up but underneath is fecked.

I feel sorry for the guy because he has been so unlucky with injuries but just think that at one point last season he was on the brink of retiring and actually would have walked away without a penny going to the club. So £1m + bonuses isn't that bad really?

that maybe so but he is only 21 and has always had the potential. i just think 1m is a joke, we could carry on loaning him out and getting loan fees over the next 2 seasons (not sure if we charged Leicester and Derby) that would cover that amount and still keep him.

They must be having a laugh for 1 million!!!

I would be asking fro at least 3, injuries or not he is still 21 and has shown what he can do when he is fit.... i say loan him out to Celtic or evn Bolton with an option to buy at teh end of the loan spell. Then at least we can see if he is going to progress and then we have the option to either sell or keep him.

I like Vaughan, its a shame his knees where constructed out of glass!!

Definitely dont agree with the 1mil!

Vaughan does need to play games and I think a loan to Celtic or a Prem club (where he is very likely to play). Having said that if he gets a full pre season behind him and bangs in some goals you would have to think he would be pushing the 1st team.

I personally say wait and see til around august/start of the season and if he shows quality either keep him and give him games or loan him out and if it looks like the injuries have taken its toll then let him go.

not all spanish add buy back, jsut the big guns like real. and they let them go cheap generally. we could always let him go with a sell one clause, stil lthough 1mil for a player well down the pecking order and always injured, not a bad price that...could buy a couple of decent prospects with that.

I've always liked Vaughan, seems like a positive guy, despite the injuries, and has a natural ability for the game, but to be honest, we just bought 2 strikers are we really going to use him this season? At all? He'd be 5th choice and we only play one up front?

I'd rather see him go out on loan one more time but a full year at a club who will play him not have him as cover, if not £1m is a good price for someone we won't use anymore, unless all our strikers get injured again, in which case he'll probably be the first one.