IGNORED

Vaughan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Moyes wants to ease him back in really gently this time, I can't see him giving up control and risk another club rushing him back from injury or playing him half-injured if we want to keep him longterm.

If there's a buy-clause tagged on I guess it'd be more likely, if we got some money up front.

I watched one of Nigeria's olympic games, last summer I think it was, and Vic looked great. Strong on the ball and great hold up play and even some dribbles but he couldn't get the ball into the net even with an open goal.

In the leauge he's often looked a bit lazy, something that I've never seen from Vaughan. I'd just like to see him injury-free for a season before passing any judgement on whether to let him go..

I watched one of Nigeria's olympic games, last summer I think it was, and Vic looked great. Strong on the ball and great hold up play and even some dribbles but he couldn't get the ball into the net even with an open goal.

In the leauge he's often looked a bit lazy, something that I've never seen from Vaughan. I'd just like to see him injury-free for a season before passing any judgement on whether to let him go..

Vaughan always looks far to excited when hes on the pitch..... Is that a good thing or not?.... I think because of it he lacks composure and sometimes can just go chasing the ball......

I don't like Vic but Id agree he has offered more than Vaughan..... people suggesting that Vaughan can provide adequate attacking cover are way wide of the mark IMO.

Vaughan's reputation is still based on potential where as Vic has at least performed on a few occasions....

I really don't rate Anichibe at all and Id still put him in front of Vaughan.... lets hope he can prove me wrong..

Vaughan always looks far to excited when hes on the pitch..... Is that a good thing or not?.... I think because of it he lacks composure and sometimes can just go chasing the ball......

I think most people are spot on there..

Laden with injury trouble he looks to feel the pressure of having to prove himself from the go, poor decisions due to what I suppose is stress and a desire to prove himself. He looks like he's overworking every ball, chasing down every defender even when it looks like we're not supposed to be closing down.

He's got great pace and work rate but with his injure proneness it looks like he'll never get a chance to settle into the pace of the game and team..

Vaughan and Anichebe both have potential, Moyes will want to be the one to exploit that.There will be chances this season for the two lads, not many maybe, but enough to show which direction they are heading.

We go into the season with Saha, who will only manage 1/3 of the games :angry: ,your body doesn't pick up less injuries with age!The Yak is back from a long lay off...God knows how that will effect him, and then Jo, who has looked sharp in the friendlies but wasn't that great last season.

So I can see Moyes wanting both of the lads ready and waiting.

If we had a bigger squad then yes let him go out on loan but as it is I want to keep him. I'm a big fan of the kid especially his passion ( even though i do agree with some on here about him "chasing lost causes" and "putting himself into tackles that cause injuries")

However I do think he would develop a hell of better/quicker with 15 games this season under moyes rather than 38 games under "long ball/long throw" stoke style of play!!!

If he goes anywhere I would prefer him to go to Preston, as they play some good football and irvine knows all about his strengths and how to use the lad.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a championship loan spell could do wonders for Vaughan.

People need to realise Saha will be pretty old next season and Jo will probably be gone back to Man City. We'll need a young back-up with quality, and vaughany's got the potential. I think he just needs a run of games somewhere.