IGNORED

Malaga

MikeO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodwell started so well but seems to have gone quiet, cahill doing a lot of work acrosss the park, fellaini seeing a lot of the ball and playing well, hibbert is the obvious weakness, baines and pienaar excellent. hope we can keep Saha fit he's a class player, 2-0 half time and looking comfortable. Yobo, arteta, jagielka, and yakubu not playing, get them back and we look good.

All we need is a wide man and a right back. (and senderos if joleon goes).

Did you go the game?...... How can you say something like that..... the guy didnt do anything wrong... his attacking play was as expected but saying he is the obvious weekness is a bit harsh.....

Having ventured to Goodison tonight, I thought I would offer my OPINON on tonights performance. Granted it was a pre-season friendly and for much of the game it appeared so, apart from the odd piece of decent play (mostly down our left side) which culminated in both goals, both taken quite well.

Reading posts regarding the match, I see quotes of 'quality' etc etc. I haven't got the inclination to seek other quotes at the moment but to me, where was this quality. The team played exactly in the same manner, style etc as they have done for the past..........(insert as desired) years. Notably, long ball, some midfield tenacity and strong defending. If you don't see that as you're watching, then I must be watching another game.

People are raving about young Rodwell, I know he's young BUT he gave the ball away so easy and so many times tonight, from a midfield berth, that isn't good enough and this isn't a rant about one specific player, more a reality check.

I am not knocking the team, the club etc, because we will still (probably/ hopefully) be strong enough to be challenging for fourth/ fifth place come next May, however to me that is a poor indictment on the supposed best league in the world.

Now lets get to the crux, friendly or not and a 2-1 win, that performance will not be good enough to beat Arsenal next week.

Edited by The Beard

Did you go the game?...... How can you say something like that..... the guy didnt do anything wrong... his attacking play was as expected but saying he is the obvious weekness is a bit harsh.....

No DM its not easy for me to get to the games, but ETV gave me a very good view of it. Hibbert did a lot of work going forward but was caught time and time again failing to get back in time, all their dangerous moments came from that wing. I'm not and never have been a hibbo basher, i'm just giving my opinion on some of the players from the game the way i saw it. Sorry if it doesnt agree with yours. ;)

As an afterthought, how versatile is Phil Neville, he puts in an excellent shift from any position on the park, Centre Half :o the man can play anywhere.

Having ventured to Goodison tonight, I thought I would offer my OPINON on tonights performance. Granted it was a pre-season friendly and for much of the game it appeared so, apart from the odd piece of decent play (mostly down our left side) which culminated in both goals, both taken quite well.

Reading posts regarding the match, I see quotes of 'quality' etc etc. I haven't got the inclination to seek other quotes at the moment but to me, where was this quality. The team played exactly in the same manner, style etc as they have done for the past..........(insert as desired) years. Notably, long ball, some midfield tenacity and strong defending. If you don't see that as you're watching, then I must be watching another game.

People are raving about young Rodwell, I know he's young BUT he gave the ball away so easy and so many times tonight, from a midfield berth, that isn't good enough and this isn't a rant about one specific player, more a reality check.

I am not knocking the team, the club etc, because we will still (probably/ hopefully) be strong enough to be challenging for fourth/ fifth place come next May, however to me that is a poor indictment on the supposed best league in the world.

Now lets get to the crux, friendly or not and a 2-1 win, that performance will not be good enough to beat Arsenal next week.

I disagree, the ravings of quality were pretty much in the first half when Rodwell and the rest were playing some terrific football.

Won't disagree that the second half performance was stagnant though.

I think Fellaini Proved his doubters wrong against Malaga, he shown exatly what he shown glimpses of against Chelsea, for a big man his touch is superb, he is definatly improving further back the pitch aswell.

yeah there was a particular challenge he made at the start of the game just outside our box and he slid in and won the ball prefectly. I thought he had a good game myself.

As of the team, i thought we played well in the first half, took are foot of the gas second half and let them pass it around, and at times they passed it well

I think Fellaini Proved his doubters wrong against Malaga, he shown exatly what he shown glimpses of against Chelsea, for a big man his touch is superb, he is definatly improving further back the pitch aswell.

Only when he's playing liek that week in, week out, will he prove anyone wrong. One game means nothing.

Only when he's playing liek that week in, week out, will he prove anyone wrong. One game means nothing.

Grrr, beat me to it.

Whilst 1st half I saw something worth watching, it faded in the 2nd (must be the illness). :unsure: Some nice close control of the ball and good 2nd half turn and shot.

Disagree with the Hibbert comments. Solid yet again in a preseason friendly, a comforting factor having him at right back. We could do with another right back so there is competition for the place but no doubts with Hibbert at right back.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper