IGNORED

Saha To Turkey?

Good.

Saha needs to stay, has shown in preseason he can be a dangerous striker who gets goals.

2nd that. his experience is vital to the younger boys and even though the price is good, who would we get to replace him? The boys look up to him, 'king louis' says it all.

what???

I can't believe everyones glad that we've turned down an apparent 8 million pound bid!!!

yes he's a decent player when he's fit but he's not fit all that often and is getting on a bit now and definately 8 million is a big offer for him!

I'm sure Man Utd are probably taking a chunk of anything we sell him for but if it was 8 million I'd be biting their hand off, with that money you can buy a decent, younger, fitter player.

Sorry but who would we realistically get for 8 million who is on Saha level? Firstly Moyes wouldn't get all of the money to invest into a player, and selling him would send all the wrong signals especially to Lescott. Saha is quality, and should get a new deal. We need the better players to remain at the club, no point selling just for the sake of it when numbers are very low squad wise anyhow.

Sorry but who would we realistically get for 8 million who is on Saha level? Firstly Moyes wouldn't get all of the money to invest into a player, and selling him would send all the wrong signals especially to Lescott. Saha is quality, and should get a new deal. We need the better players to remain at the club, no point selling just for the sake of it when numbers are very low squad wise anyhow.

well i'm no scout but i'm pretty sure you'd be able to find quite a few. saha has struggled with injuries for years and was hardly prolific last year. he's second choice to jo and that's before the yak is back. come to think of it 8 mil would go a long way towards jo permanently. as mentioned crouch was 9, you'd easily be able to replace a decent backup for 8 million, infact chances are you'll be able to get someone more consistent, younger, and less injury prone...8 million is a lot of money for saha.

well i'm no scout but i'm pretty sure you'd be able to find quite a few. saha has struggled with injuries for years and was hardly prolific last year. he's second choice to jo and that's before the yak is back. come to think of it 8 mil would go a long way towards jo permanently. as mentioned crouch was 9, you'd easily be able to replace a decent backup for 8 million, infact chances are you'll be able to get someone more consistent, younger, and less injury prone...8 million is a lot of money for saha.

I agree, in fact I'd let Saha go for £4m never mind £8m, £8m would be an absolutely insane price for an ageing injury prone striker.

I would have took 8 mil and bought Tuncay and/or Martins, Im not sure how much Martins actually went for but he is a quality goal scorer with a huge shot on him at times, or i'd have even give the extra 2mil and got Darren Bent!Younger, Fitter, Faster.

I like Saha and think he adds a lot fir us when he's fit, but I agree that 8m for a 31yr old in the last year of his contract is a hell of an offer. I don't think Martins went for much more

Tuncay from Boro would be a good shout and Bent would've been another one, but can't really think of too much outside that.