IGNORED

Brede Hangeland

Good defender would be a crackin replacement for Lescott in my opinion have to move fast though can see him costing 10mill plus too

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5513277,00.html

((Dont know why the link wont complete but if u copy paste it it works))

Edited by MikeO
Link works now....something not working properly...if you want to link something just stick it between bracketed url/url's for now.

Why don't the links to sky sports work?! - anyway just go on the website - very much a rumour!

Just noticed irby has started this same thread - these will be merged obviously - not being superstisious (or know how to spell it) but I opened the Billy Russian thread and look what happened there!!!

I can't see Fulham selling him for anything less than 12M and unless we really do have some money apart from the Lescott funds then I don't see how we can spend that much on one player when we clearly need to bring in at least 2 more besides. I'd certainly take him, but I'd still wonder if it wouldn't be better business to get Taylor and Senderos who I think we could have for the same money.

cant see us signing him, especially with arsenal being linked too and if moyes want 3 more players were not gonna have enough money for hangeland he 10mil plus

Why?

Bily was £9M, Banega is only on loan, say £10M for Hangeland that still leaves £3M to £5M plus whatever money we had for transfers before we sold Lescott

[/b]

Why?

Bily was £9M, Banega is only on loan, say £10M for Hangeland that still leaves £3M to £5M plus whatever money we had for transfers before we sold Lescott

Spot on, If we are to push on we need to spend some money simple and im sure Moyes and co know this more then we do "i hope" I do think Hangeland would be a great buy for £10m but i can't see Fulham wanting to sell as to them he will be worth more then the quoted figure and everyone is in the same boat replacements at this stage of the window are to expensive and hard to come buy.

Sadly one that in my book wont be more then paper talk.

[/b]

Why?

wishful thinking there. knowing everton, we probably had zero money to spend before lescott, although i hope i'm wrong. but if i'm right then even if we make the three transfers mentioned above, we could still sign someone like huth or senderos for about £5M, or if we could somehow scrounge up another million or two we could get taylor. all in all i'd be very happy with those transfers

wishful thinking there. knowing everton, we probably had zero money to spend before lescott, although i hope i'm wrong. but if i'm right then even if we make the three transfers mentioned above, we could still sign someone like huth or senderos for about £5M, or if we could somehow scrounge up another million or two we could get taylor. all in all i'd be very happy with those transfers

Not really its basic maths. I doubt BK would try and pilfer any of the dosh to go towards the clubs debts plus any signings we make in the UK market are unlikely to be paid upfront anyway

we did bid 5 on naughton AND 9 on Defour, so we must have had some money before the Lescott sale. I think hangeland would be a solid start to improving the back line. him a RW and RB and we could be really really strong.

we did bid 5 on naughton AND 9 on Defour, so we must have had some money before the Lescott sale. I think hangeland would be a solid start to improving the back line. him a RW and RB and we could be really really strong.

I think we probably had the 5M for Naughton, but I think the Defour bid, if it occurred, was a ruse. No way we had 14M before the Lescott sale and made no moves.

Edited by chicagoblue

[/b]

Why?

saying that does sound positive but i dont think we'll get hangeland for 10mil, unless huth signs for 5mil,then fair enough, or a loan to buy option to gather the money over the cousre of the season

I dont want to rock the boat but I don't hink Hangeland is the best option, if the 10mil being touted is his actual valuation, i would much prefer us to get Taylor and Senderos or Wheater. For a 28 year old, 10mil is a lot considering the others are younger and have the potential to get better! Id prefer Taylor to be honest.

I dont want to rock the boat but I don't hink Hangeland is the best option, if the 10mil being touted is his actual valuation, i would much prefer us to get Taylor and Senderos or Wheater. For a 28 year old, 10mil is a lot considering the others are younger and have the potential to get better! Id prefer Taylor to be honest.

We need someone who is going to go straight in. Hangeland is at the peak of his career now. I'm all for signing potential but at this stage we need quality that is ready to push us on now!

One way to look at it is Rodwell is being touted as the next Rio Ferdinand, hand on heart who would you want in your team now?

Have to agree with the above for the money I would prefer Taylor and or shawcross to be honest, both are younger and have more potential to be honest. Taylor as he would be a great right back imo.

You wouldnt get Taylor and Shawcross for that kind of money. Must admit I would probably prefer Taylor but not as a right back. He can play there but its definitely not his position there are plenty of better options at RB

You wouldnt get Taylor and Shawcross for that kind of money. Must admit I would probably prefer Taylor but not as a right back. He can play there but its definitely not his position there are plenty of better options at RB

I know it would be an or, to be honest I would prefer Taylor as I he can play RB quite well, I remember the game he had against us last season, he played at RB and was a right pain in the ass. He is strong has pace, and is a good crosser of the ball. He would then fit in with Yobo and Jags by being RB, I think that would be a strong defence.

If i could choose i would either have senderos or shawcross for some reason i dont like taylor

Taylor all the way... Senderos is too mistake prone, and all the Arse fans I know are desperate to get rid. Shawcross has had one season, yes looks good, but still has some proving and for £12m, needs to be more experienced. Taylor is proven quality, Newcastle fans would hate to lose him, and he can cover two positions.

Hangeland would be an excellent signing though, but def get Taylor before him.... younger, two positions and quicker.

Uh, which Taylor are we talking about, Ryan or Steven? lol

I reckon Hangeland would be just right for the defence. Yes, both he and Yobo are on the older side of things when it comes to Premiership footballers these days but the kind of experience they have is what we're going to need if Moyes' ambitions for trophies is to be fulfilled IMO