IGNORED

Kieren Westwood

I've only seen him in the pre-season friendly against us and he looked good.

I'm not a fan of Howard tbh and once the rest of the side is sorted out I'd like to see him replaced.

I agree, whilst he is a good shot stopper he is prone to errors and doesn't commend his box. I would welcome a young promising keeper to push Howard, as Nash simply happy on the bench.

Why would we go for a goalie, when we need to improve in other departments?!

I agree. Though Howard is dodgy sometimes and does need an equal to push him, it's unlikely Everton will get Westwood for less than 2 million so better to invest in the middle where we badly need players. I'm fed up of playing five in the middle, when we could kill teams off with two up front.

still young for a keeper, look at buffon, still at the top of his game. keepers shouldnt need a rest. and id rather not see nash play, give turner a go first.

Of course keepers need a rest, it must be mentally exhausting going through all those games. Imagine the anxiety and pressure you're under, or the concentration required.

Nash is competent back-up, but I still wouldn't want to be forced into playing him.

Turner hasn't shown that he will ever be good enough to play for Everton regularly.

I think we need a good, young goalkeeper that we can nuture and who will be near his prime when T-How is on the plateau/decline in 3-4 years.

Of course keepers need a rest, it must be mentally exhausting going through all those games. Imagine the anxiety and pressure you're under, or the concentration required.

sorry but i find that nonsense, a keeper can do 90 mins. you dont see tired keepers. chelsea dont rest cech, liverpool dont rest reina. forget mentally exhausting, they should be able to cope! howard hasnt needed a rest in his everton career before, he doesnt need to start now.

After Turner blunder against, (unfair I must say) Moyes simply doesn't trust him. Think it's particularly unfair after all the chances Hibbert gets.

i think a year out on loan would do him well, ruddy has been gaining a lot of experience going on loan anywhere, turner must need football too. maybe it would get moyes confidence back in him.

Edited by StevO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...