Liverpool

adamsmith69

So

------------ Howard ------------

Hibbo -- Yobo -- Distin -- Baines

Pienaar -- Heits -- Felli -- Billy

--------- Cahill -----------------

---------------- Jo --------------

Half decent side. Would be more confident with Saha in the side though. We're missing Jags, Arteta and Saha from our starting 11 and they're missing Torres, Benayoun and Aquiliani.

I dunno folks, I don't think we can cry injuries for this one.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We look a much much better side today with two naturally footed wingers on each side, and everyone looking once more like they actually want to be there. To be fair we've been the much better side in the first half, unlucky that we've had two goals ruled out for offside - though the second one was a quality header from Jo, he put backspin on it with his head ;)

On the other side of the coin I'd say Liverpool do look dangerous, so we need to maintain concentration at the back, and squeeze down those long range shots in midfield, but I'm quietly confident that if we come out and play like that in the second half, maybe get Saha on for the last 20, we can get something out of this game. (well, here's hoping!)

Edited by wallwriter

HT Ratings:

Howard = 7 - Hard to see if he could've done better for the goal, great save on the header from Insua

Hibbert = 7 - Actually looking quite solid, and he's bombing forward too!

Yobo = 6.5 - Mainly solid but a couple of shaky mistakes and hoofs

Distin = 6.5 - Ditto

Baines = 7.5 - Quality going forward, some great link up play with Billy and Felli and solid at the back

Pienaar = 8.5 - Sheer quality, we've missed him so much. Causing all sorts of problems for Manuel and his team.

Heitinga = 8.5 - What can I say other than I haven't heard the commentator say Steven Gerrard once. Pinging passes around too.

Fellaini = 8 - Winning everything in the air, good with ball to feet too.

Bilyaletdinov = 7.5 - Missed a sitter, nearly scored with a brilliant bicycle, good link up play and close-quarters touches to keep ball.

Cahill = 7.5 - Winning headers and linking well, Fellaini seems to be getting the midfield service while Timmy's left with Yobo and Distin's hoofs though.

Jo = 7.5 - Missed a chance I would bet Saha would put away, his link-up play is good though and is looking to run at the defenders. Maybe could've gotten away with the first disallowed goal on another day.

As long as we don't let them come out of the blocks and score we should definitely be looking to win this. We're destroying them in the air, their defence is appalling and Kuyt and Johnson are all they've got going forward so far.

HT Prediction: 2-2, Pienaar and Cahill with Gerrard to equalise.