Liverpool

adamsmith69

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened?

BBC....

Joseph Yobo's not had the best day has he? The Everton defender slices wildly at a clearance and Steven Gerrard reaches the loose ball first to tee up Alberto Riera. His angled shot is pushed away by Tim Howard but the rebound is tucked away by Dirk Kuyt.

Even Liverpool fans would acknowledge that we were the better side today.

We have little choice but to try and take defeat and our current run with as much dignity as we can muster.

With the side likely to feature the likes of Peanuts and Billy over the coming weeks, the tide will turn soon. Proably not until Christmas but the results will come soon.

Blues, thanks for today. It's maybe the only time ever I have felt positive when losing to that lot.

Played really well and on another day liverpool wouldnt of got those 2 goals

Cant fault the players they all gave it 110% and most of the players played really well

It was Aston Villa at home last season where we played like we did today but lost and then we went to spurs and won and

we were back and finished 5th, this season 5th will be too hard to get but defs on this form today we should make top 7

Spurs at home Chelski away is it possible to get 4 points?

U need to congratulate liverpool they won they took there chances sort of

on another day those 2 goals wouldnt of went in but they day wasnt today and Liverpool won

When ur in poor form things dont go ur way like today

but well done liverpool

BBC....

Joseph Yobo's not had the best day has he? The Everton defender slices wildly at a clearance and Steven Gerrard reaches the loose ball first to tee up Alberto Riera. His angled shot is pushed away by Tim Howard but the rebound is tucked away by Dirk Kuyt.

think it was distin who fucked up for the 2nd goal not yobo,thought he was a bit shaky today distin

great first half imo, unlucky not to score in the whole game but overall shite game from both teams, however we can take the fact we pressured for long spells of the game into our next games hopefully.

I thought we played up until their second goal our best football we've played all season. We played the ball around nicely, worked hard to win it back and generally looked pretty good all over the pitch.

We struggled to score but then that was partly down to the shites scoring so early and putting everyone behind the ball after that. Were not used to playing teams who put everyone behind the ball like they were and struggled to break them down.

A very possitive performance I thought and I just hope we can play that well against Athens and next week in the league.

You bet against us winning?

YEP!......I'd rather have lost every penny though!

Thought they might get lucky!......Lucky first goal, then they parked the bus, not a very good bus mind, as we managed to get behind it plenty of times, just WE had no luck.

Their second goal was a sucker punch.

We dominated today, and to be honest I think we can play better than that.Fellaini was way better than Gerrard, and Piennar was nearly up to speed.

Plenty of people will be bleating about 16th place and perhaps rightly so, but if we'd got the result the performance deserved we would be 2 points behind our lucky neighbours!!

Match of the day will show liverpool attacking possibly 3 times, two goals and a header, the rest will be us.....we outplayed them.......but lost :(

Thought Jo made some good runs today and his first goal was a pretty dam close thing.

If today had ended up 0-0, with the rest of the game as it was played.Who would you have said looked the better team in terms of effort and team work, even passing?

We now need our share of the luck, with the effort shown today, and with Arteta, Jags, Neville, Osman and Anichebe in the frame, we should start getting results.

Thought Cahill showed more today, maybe his season will pick up now.

I'm absolutely gutted, but for a change it's not because we've been dogshit. We were by far the best side out there today and it's the best I've seen us play all season. I guess today is an example of the difference between the so called top 4 and the rest of the league; they take their chances whenever they come. Today we didn't do that and it cost us big time :(. How the fuck did Carragher get MOTM on Sky btw? :blink:

Howard - Made a few good saves and I don't think he could have done anything for either of their goals.

Hibbert - Offers literally nothing going forward and that left Pienaar surrounded by 3 Liverpool players a lot of the time. Not the worst defensive performance I've seen from him though.

Yobo - His hoofing without even looking where our players were really got to me today. He was the better of our CB's today but I wouldn't say he was rock solid or anything.

Distin - Gets worse by the game. I can't believe we've spent £5.5million on him. He's slow to react to anything, it's unbelievable.

Baines - Struggled to link up with Bily, but I think that's more to do with Bily being static than Baines being off his game. He made some good forward runs but he didn't look all that comfortable defensively for me.

Pienaar - How we've missed his spark? The difference he brings to our side was there for all to see in that first half. He was everywhere and constantly looking to move us forward and to create without a hoof being part of the plan. Faded in the second half and that's why he didn't get my MOTM vote.

Fellaini - I thought he was immense today. He broke up most Liverpool attacks with ease, won header after header, controlled the ball in tight situations, switched the play when it was called for, brought other players into the game all the time. My MOTM.

Heitinga - Another excellent performance from him. Some of tackles were fucking brutal and I loved every single one of them. The man is a monster but a loveable monster :P. Him and Fellaini should be a CM pairing for sure. We're really going to miss him now he's suspended :(.

Bily - For the love of god do something with the ball when you have it! He really frustrated me today. He didn't try and go past the man and he barely moves to create space to receive the ball from his team mates.

Cahill - The best I've seen him play this season. He was much more like the Cahill the opposition hate to play against. He was like an annoying little fly that just won't go away. Hopefully this means Timmy's back.

Jo - I thought he played really well today. He had a tough time up there on his own but more often than not he held the ball up well when he had his back to the goal. Well played.

I thought Distin did little wrong, Yobo was at fault for both goals imo. I love Yobo but he hasn't been good enough this year, he needs to get his act together. What a difference Pienaar makes, finally with some creativity in our team we showed that we are a decent team. It's been very difficult without Arteta, Pienaar, Billy and even Osman in our team, no wonder we have struggled to score goals. Once again though, Liverpool were absolutely terrible yet we still let in two goals, says it all about our defending at present - it's the defence that is really letting us down this season. We played really well today and hopefully our season will kick off now, I still think we'll have a decent season and maybe win something, we just need Jags and Arteta back. Oh and what a save by Howard from that header, best save of the season in my opinion. Glad to see Cahill back where he belongs, playing off the front man. Fellaini isn't a bad passer of the ball and Cahill is far more dangerous going forward, finally Moyes seemed to get the right balance with those two.

Guest Reg Reagan

think it was distin who fucked up for the 2nd goal not yobo,thought he was a bit shaky today distin

well both played rubbish at the back... it was only tony hibbert and leighton baines that saved their arses and had to clean up their mistakes...

how funny is this... RS had to rely on our defensive mistakes to beat us while we legitimately scored 2 goals from set plays

Without a doubt.

Everton played very well, and as predicted, we played very poorly. A slice of luck for the first goal but we'll take it.

A slice!? The whole fucking cake of luck you had with the first goal.

My favourite moment was Fella giving the elbow to that ugly useless twat Lucas.

Effectively seven defenders on the pitch for Liverpool.

Could it be that he employed the "small club mentality" tactics he was so dismissive of not so long ago?

"I am the Liverpool football club manager so I can only think about to win. It doesn't matter what they do. I never used those tactics at Valencia but sometimes I did with Extremadura." he said at the time.

Now he parks the bus.

I am full of confidence for the future after that performance. When we get a full strength side out, we will do very well. Not scared of anyone now, pity the result did not reflect just how dominant we were really.

But that is football, doesn't matter how good you are, it is the goals that count.