IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

cols

I cant believe that a deal is being done to get Sportings DEF/MID Michel for £2.5m. (Birmingham).

Also a deal is in process for striker Kevin Kuranyi for £3.5m. Some peeps might say they are not as good as we already have but i would dispute that, but even so, to get two such players into our depleted squad for a meagre total of £6m should be seriously looked at.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not as good as Arteta and he isn't the goal threat that Cahill is (normally) and now that Fellaini is starting to show how good he is as a defensive midfielder then I can't see any place for Rodwell in our starting midfield line-up any time soon. He should be on the bench and being groomed to become the world class Centre Back that he looks more suited to. I don't rate him in midfield personally, not yet anyway.

Very very large eyebrow raising here :huh: i know you said personally but with the likes of Man U and Chelsea looking at Jack as a result of Midfield performances, he must be doing something right!?

Very very large eyebrow raising here :huh: i know you said personally but with the likes of Man U and Chelsea looking at Jack as a result of Midfield performances, he must be doing something right!?

He's a young kid with two good feet, decent in the air, composed, can tackle, can shoot and has a good mentality - I assume everyone will be monitoring him. I just feel he goes missing in games and at this moment in time I think he weakens our midfield. I wouldn't drop Fellaini for Rodwell on current form and Fellaini is only young himself and improving all the time. Rodwell looks like he'll become one of the best CB's in the game, I think that is what most people are watching him.

Don't get me wrong he has the attributes to become an excellent midfielder, at the moment he just doesn't get involved enough or provide enough protection to the back 4 so on that basis, I think he'll end up at the back as captain.

I cant believe that a deal is being done to get Sportings DEF/MID Michel for £2.5m. (Birmingham).

Also a deal is in process for striker Kevin Kuranyi for £3.5m. Some peeps might say they are not as good as we already have but i would dispute that, but even so, to get two such players into our depleted squad for a meagre total of £6m should be seriously looked at.

Understand what you're sayin Bill, i think Kuranyi is alright, he would be a good squad player and it's not too much for a full German international! Unfortunately we don't have a pot....

He's a young kid with two good feet, decent in the air, composed, can tackle, can shoot and has a good mentality - I assume everyone will be monitoring him. I just feel he goes missing in games and at this moment in time I think he weakens our midfield. I wouldn't drop Fellaini for Rodwell on current form and Fellaini is only young himself and improving all the time. Rodwell looks like he'll become one of the best CB's in the game, I think that is what most people are watching him.

Don't get me wrong he has the attributes to become an excellent midfielder, at the moment he just doesn't get involved enough or provide enough protection to the back 4 so on that basis, I think he'll end up at the back as captain.

Well recovered, i see what you mean :P

To be fair to Rodwell, the majority of the games he went missing so did the rest of the team. Im not quite sure where his best position is but he still has to fill out a bit before he can be considered a CB IMO but I could certainly see it in the future. As you say I dont think he is completely suited to a full Defensive midfielder role like Fellaini is playing at the moment but against bigger, stronger teams where we could use a bit more defensive cover in midfield I would certainly look at bringing him into the team over someone like Osman (in the current squad), maybe.

One thing I do like about our current CB partnership is that they are both very composed on the ball and arent scared to pass it out of defence, which is something I would expect Rodwell to be good at.

Heitinga - I cannot wait to see Heitinga and Jagielka play together. The organisation of Jags will make Heitinga look even better. There's no way Johnny should be played anywhere other than CB; he's so composed and fearless back there and he gets stuck in just like. Where Jags is just a defender, Heitinga is a footballer too and I think they'd compliment each other perfectly.

The worry is the lack of height, we are still not keeping any clean sheets and Jags is not that great in the air whilst Heitinga looks even smaller. Hopefully it'll work, they'll definitely be committed but I just hope that we won't be vulnerable aerially. Just a pity Yobo seems to have lost it, I love Yobo but this season he's been a bit of a shambles.

Bit late for match comments but it was again those games, you hope for a good result and would take tie anyday before game, but still after final whistle you fell absolutely robbed. And i were impressed with Donovan. He did a lot of work, and most important, he did very much things right. And he shouldnt be anywhere near 100% , so just waiting how much he can help us. Well at least we havent lost on 6 games in EPL, i just wish we would have more wins than one :P