IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

cols

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that should be a booking for eduardo

To be fair to him he went solely for the ball. It was a foul but I personally wouldnt have booked him.

Im now very happy to see JV come on but IMO its more than a bit late. Hopefully Cahill will buck his ideas up as well.

great game, i watched at pub with a load of arsenal fans all who admitted we deserved the win.

most enjoyable stat of the season was 72% possesion over a 5 or 10 minute period during first half at emirates. no one does Arsenal for possession!

good hard work and until the last 15 minutes we played hard for that win. only thing that annoyed me was we played too deep in the last 10/15 mins when we needed to get out of our box.

I was so worried when pienaar ran through one on one, he's not the most reliable finisher but he took it beautiffully.

all round great result despite the dissapointment of not getting the win, now we invite man city to ours to see if they can do better than Arsenal good at home.

Donovan played brilliantly, lots of pace, vision and wasn't scared to take players on either, I look forward to seeing more of him.

We were magnificant and that's not even an overstatement. There aren't many teams who will go to the Emirates and outplay Arsenal for the majority of the game, but that's exactly what we did. For the first time in a long while we went out with positive intent against a so called Top 4 side and the benefits of that were there for all to see. We didn't sit back and try to stifle them, we stifled them by playing football against them while not giving them any time to breathe when they had the ball. A lot of that was down to the total domination produced by a certain Mr. Fellaini. He's just as young as most of their midfield but he showed so much more maturity and raw power, and they couldn't handle it. I was afraid our heads would go down when they got their first equaliser as they so often have when we've took the lead against these sides in the past, but if anything, the players looked even more determined to get the three points. We're going to have a problem; we can't play Pip and Fellaini next to each other and have to DM's. It's testament to how well we played that it feels more like two points dropped rather than one gained. The contrast between how crap we looked playing the two together against Carlisle and then how good and positive we looked yesterday was massive. Pip is a shoe-in so he's got to play RB but Moyes loves Hibbert too so he's going to have to make a tough decision, and I hope he makes the right one.

If only Vaughan had put that chance away...

Howard - Could do absolutely nothing about their deflected goals.

Neville - Got ripped on one or two occasions but generally had a good game. I don't think it's a coincidence that we get Neville back and there seems to be a lot more fight and passion in our play.

Neill - He wasn't a stand-out at the back but he played well.

Heitinga - I cannot wait to see Heitinga and Jagielka play together. The organisation of Jags will make Heitinga look even better. There's no way Johnny should be played anywhere other than CB; he's so composed and fearless back there and he gets stuck in just like. Where Jags is just a defender, Heitinga is a footballer too and I think they'd compliment each other perfectly.

Baines - I know people are saying he looked better yesterday but I just didn't see it, I thought he was as poor as he's looked all season.

Donovan - Every time he got the ball I moved to the edge of my seat, he was so positive in his play and it was really refreshing to see. What a corner for Ossie's goal as well, that's how it's done Leighton! I think a lot of us are going to be sad to see him go once his loan runs out.

Fellaini - He was my MOTM, and by quite some distance, which is saying something when most of the side had extremely good games. The amount of times he simply stepped in took the ball from the feet of an Arsenal player with ease was incredible. He was dominant and stuck to his task from start to finish. Watching him yesterday it was hard to believe he's only 21 because he was head and shoulders (literally :P) above anyone else on the pitch.

Ossie - Apart from delaying a couple of passes far too long when we were attempting to counter-attack he had a really neat and tidy game, and he struck up a good combination with Mo. What a leap for his goal as well!

Pienaar - I don't think he had that good a game by his standard because there were quite a few stray passes from the Pieman, but he contributed in another way with that quality goal. I was thinking he was going to fluff it because he's not the most composed infront of goal but that finish was all about composure and it was cheeky as fuck!

Cahill - Nice pass for Pienaar's goal but his overall gameplay was poor again.

Saha - Greedy bastard. Not talking about his supposed wage demands but his use of the ball.

Edited by Romey 1878

Can't find any fault in the above report!...........only deflected shots, and a great save against Vaughans late chance stopped a good scoreline.

Where the hell could Everton have been in the league with most players available and a tad of luck?

Fellaini just has to keep this form up.......and Cahill just needs to rediscover his best form, and then to be honest no team will fancy playing Everton.

A few nervous teams above us. :)

Football is a cruel, cruel game - we've pretty much outplayed every side we've come up against in the league since the Hull debacle and yet it's one win in how may games? I don't want to detract from the boys because that was a phenomenal performance yesterday, but it's going to be nervous run-in unless we start turning these draws into wins. I just feel sorry for them to be honest, the team is pushing itself more and more every week in search of the three points, we go to the best passing side in the league and justflat outplay them and bang, two lucky deflections and we only get a point. It's SOOOOOOO frustrating, the way we're playing atm we should be ramming all the Spurs-Man City bullshit down everyone's throats and challenging for fourth again, but looking at the table I'm afraid Europe is just a pipe dream this season.

Anyway, loving watching us at the moment despite the lack of victories, and would love to watch us stuff Mancini's prima donnas at weekend. Fellaini is easy best midfielder in the country on current form, just thinking about all the shit he took from fans last season makes me smile because he's looking an absolute superstar, up there with Viera the way he used to dominate games at his best. The fight and organisation Phil Neville brings to the side is unbelievable, I think him being out has woken us up to just how much we need him on the pitch, he makes such a difference. Heitinga is looking a wonder signing for £6m (I couldn't believe we got a player of his calibre for that at the time, looks even more of a bargain now). Osman proved once again he's an excellent attacking centre mid player and on that display I'd say he merits a place in the side more than Cahill once Atreta is back. And how good is it seeing James Vaughan back hounding hell out of the oppoition looking hungry and fit - he'll probably beat himself up over that miss but all strikers miss those occasionally, if he can stay fit i've got high hopes for him again because his all round play was great when he came on.

We're back to the true Everton, what a shame the first half of the season has left us so far of the pace.

We were magnificant and that's not even an overstatement. There aren't many teams who will go to the Emirates and outplay Arsenal for the majority of the game, but that's exactly what we did. For the first time in a long while we went out with positive intent against a so called Top 4 side and the benefits of that were there for all to see. We didn't sit back and try to stifle them, we stifled them by playing football against them while not giving them any time to breathe when they had the ball. A lot of that was down to the total domination produced by a certain Mr. Fellaini. He's just as young as most of their midfield but he showed so much more maturity and raw power, and they couldn't handle it. I was afraid our heads would go down when they got their first equaliser as they so often have when we've took the lead against these sides in the past, but if anything, the players looked even more determined to get the three points. We're going to have a problem; we can't play Pip and Fellaini next to each other and have to DM's. It's testament to how well we played that it feels more like two points dropped rather than one gained. The contrast between how crap we looked playing the two together against Carlisle and then how good and positive we looked yesterday was massive. Pip is a shoe-in so he's got to play RB but Moyes loves Hibbert too so he's going to have to make a tough decision, and I hope he makes the right one.

If only Vaughan had put that chance away...

Howard - Could do absolutely nothing about their deflected goals.

Neville - Got ripped on one or two occasions but generally had a good game. I don't think it's a coincidence that we get Neville back and there seems to be a lot more fight and passion in our play.

Neill - He wasn't a stand-out at the back but he played well.

Heitinga - I cannot wait to see Heitinga and Jagielka play together. The organisation of Jags will make Heitinga look even better. There's no way Johnny should be played anywhere other than CB; he's so composed and fearless back there and he gets stuck in just like. Where Jags is just a defender, Heitinga is a footballer too and I think they'd compliment each other perfectly.

Baines - I know people are saying he looked better yesterday but I just didn't see it, I thought he was as poor as he's looked all season.

Donovan - Every time he got the ball I moved to the edge of my seat, he was so positive in his play and it was really refreshing to see. What a corner for Ossie's goal as well, that's how it's done Leighton! I think a lot of us are going to be sad to see him go once his loan runs out.

Fellaini - He was my MOTM, and by quite some distance, which is saying something when most of the side had extremely good games. The amount of times he simply stepped in took the ball from the feet of an Arsenal player with ease was incredible. He was dominant and stuck to his task from start to finish. Watching him yesterday it was hard to believe he's only 21 because he was head and shoulders (literally :P) above anyone else on the pitch.

Ossie - Apart from delaying a couple of passes far too long when we were attempting to counter-attack he had a really neat and tidy game, and he struck up a good combination with Mo. What a leap for his goal as well!

Pienaar - I don't think he had that good a game by his standard because there were quite a few stray passes from the Pieman, but he contributed in another way with that quality goal. I was thinking he was going to fluff it because he's not the most composed infront of goal but that finish was all about composure and it was cheeky as fuck!

Cahill - Nice pass for Pienaar's goal but his overall gameplay was poor again.

Saha - Greedy bastard. Not talking about his supposed wage demands but his use of the ball.

Agree with al of that other than your Cahill comment who, imo, had his best game for quite some time. Saha got to me as well, if he had passed the bloody ball sometimes then we'd have won

Saha got to me as well, if he had passed the bloody ball sometimes then we'd have won

Yeah I agree, the rumour is he's going to Arsenal for £4m and at certain times on Saturday it looked the case. Pienaar was clean through with a simple pass and Saha just dawdled on the ball and ended up blasting it straight at an Arsenal defender. We should have won this match and I'm annoyed that we left a massive space down the right hand side of our defence for their equaliser when we were into added on time, we should have had every man back behind the ball. Even more annoying was the fact that Howard probably had it covered but we were unlucky again. We really need to start getting some wins now but it's nice to see that our season is definitely turning around, ever since we totally outplayed Liverpool (another top 4 team Romey - or will be top 4 anyway) but lost our performances have really gone up a level and we're now playing like the Everton team we know and love. We just need Jags and Arteta back and we could have another glorious season. An excellent league finish may now be getting slightly unrealistic (although I can still see top 8 or so) but I can't see any reason why we can't win a cup this year. The league was wide open this year, it's just a pity we had so many injuries and such poor form early on. Next year I think we can have a very good season, I still think we're a match for anyone when everyone is fit.

Yeah I agree, the rumour is he's going to Arsenal for £4m and at certain times on Saturday it looked the case. Pienaar was clean through with a simple pass and Saha just dawdled on the ball and ended up blasting it straight at an Arsenal defender. We should have won this match and I'm annoyed that we left a massive space down the right hand side of our defence for their equaliser when we were into added on time, we should have had every man back behind the ball. Even more annoying was the fact that Howard probably had it covered but we were unlucky again. We really need to start getting some wins now but it's nice to see that our season is definitely turning around, ever since we totally outplayed Liverpool (another top 4 team Romey - or will be top 4 anyway) but lost our performances have really gone up a level and we're now playing like the Everton team we know and love. We just need Jags and Arteta back and we could have another glorious season. An excellent league finish may now be getting slightly unrealistic (although I can still see top 8 or so) but I can't see any reason why we can't win a cup this year. The league was wide open this year, it's just a pity we had so many injuries and such poor form early on. Next year I think we can have a very good season, I still think we're a match for anyone when everyone is fit.

Spot on Carl, the 24 year cycle is on for 2011. This side has great strengths, and one ot two weaknesses which every side since creation has had, we are that close and I am hugely optimistic mate. I will die a very happy man if we win the Prem, and yes I did say win the Prem, before the Shite, this side has that potential more so than the 80's team had :)

Spot on Carl, the 24 year cycle is on for 2011. This side has great strengths, and one ot two weaknesses which every side since creation has had, we are that close and I am hugely optimistic mate. I will die a very happy man if we win the Prem, and yes I did say win the Prem, before the Shite, this side has that potential more so than the 80's team had :)

What we need now is a striker, Saha is getting on and maybe moving on, Yakubu hasn't really recaptured his early Everton form and Vaughan/Anichebe unproven. The rest of our team looks excellent when everyone is fit, a great goalkeeper, a great defence (once Jags is back) and the midfield could be awesome, I can see us passing it like Arsenal once we have Fellaini (DM) Arteta (CM) Pienaar (LW) Osman/Donovan (RW) and then Cahill off the front man. I think that midfield is as good, if not better, than any in the Premiership. We just need a young, brilliant striker to really take us that next step. Moyes has done an unbelievable job and once players come back from injury I think the standard of our football will be higher than for many, many years. It is quite incredible just how strong a squad Moyes has built for so little money.

We just need a young, brilliant striker to really take us that next step.

That Sergio Aguero lad looks a bit alright ;) even that Torres fella from over the way, i hear they might be willing to sell? what about Rooney again, Messi maybe?

Unfortunately a young brilliant striker will always come with a hefty price tag, one that we really cant afford! The names you'd find under that are still way out of our reach (Dzeko, Balotelli, Marquinhos) most at big clubs and some looking higher. Everton will only look into and be able to afford someone that can near enough gurantee a return (Yakubu as an example). We as a club will have to find a young gem, in the lower leagues or abroad, that is making waves but isnt untouchable and hope that DM can polish them off.

I still think Moses at Palace is an awesome shout, 19, quick, strong, can score, has brilliant ball control...and Palace are keen to sell under the £5m mark. Unfortunately it sounds like City have spent the whole weekend oiling him up and it looks highly likely, he'll end up there, which is a shame because he's going to rot on their bench.

What we need now is a striker, Saha is getting on and maybe moving on, Yakubu hasn't really recaptured his early Everton form and Vaughan/Anichebe unproven. The rest of our team looks excellent when everyone is fit, a great goalkeeper, a great defence (once Jags is back) and the midfield could be awesome, I can see us passing it like Arsenal once we have Fellaini (DM) Arteta (CM) Pienaar (LW) Osman/Donovan (RW) and then Cahill off the front man. I think that midfield is as good, if not better, than any in the Premiership. We just need a young, brilliant striker to really take us that next step. Moyes has done an unbelievable job and once players come back from injury I think the standard of our football will be higher than for many, many years. It is quite incredible just how strong a squad Moyes has built for so little money.

Soon room will have to be made in that midfield for Rodwell. He's too good not to be in there somehow.

That Sergio Aguero lad looks a bit alright ;) even that Torres fella from over the way, i hear they might be willing to sell? what about Rooney again, Messi maybe?

Unfortunately a young brilliant striker will always come with a hefty price tag, one that we really cant afford! The names you'd find under that are still way out of our reach (Dzeko, Balotelli, Marquinhos) most at big clubs and some looking higher. Everton will only look into and be able to afford someone that can near enough gurantee a return (Yakubu as an example). We as a club will have to find a young gem, in the lower leagues or abroad, that is making waves but isnt untouchable and hope that DM can polish them off.

I still think Moses at Palace is an awesome shout, 19, quick, strong, can score, has brilliant ball control...and Palace are keen to sell under the £5m mark. Unfortunately it sounds like City have spent the whole weekend oiling him up and it looks highly likely, he'll end up there, which is a shame because he's going to rot on their bench.

I think up top is the on position Moyes has struggled to really fill throughout his tenure at the club. Beattie and AJ did a job, Yakubu is hot and cold, Jv & Vic are young and unproven, Jo is a bit lightweight and Saha is good but injured a lot of the time. Theres not many strikers out there who revel in playing on their own up top (apart from the lady boy across the park) who have strength, pace, movement, work rate and have that ability to find the net consistently. The thing that separates Torres from a lot of strikers is his movement, which of surprisingly Jo has, its just a pity he doesnt have many of the other attributes.

I havent seen much of Moses but he is certainly getting decent reviews but if it is only around the 5mil mark then surely somehow we can scrape it together. As a young player you would be stupid to overlook Everton for the riches of other clubs. Just look at Naughton who we were after over the summer, he could well have been playing some fairly regular 1st team football for us at times this year but instead he will go stagnant at Spurs.

Edited by Bailey

Soon room will have to be made in that midfield for Rodwell. He's too good not to be in there somehow.

He's not as good as Arteta and he isn't the goal threat that Cahill is (normally) and now that Fellaini is starting to show how good he is as a defensive midfielder then I can't see any place for Rodwell in our starting midfield line-up any time soon. He should be on the bench and being groomed to become the world class Centre Back that he looks more suited to. I don't rate him in midfield personally, not yet anyway.