IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

cols

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree..

sorry but I cant see anything more than a 0-0 draw at best.

If it's a draw it won't end goal-less. Our back line has been shite and a clean sheet against the gooners is probably not going to happen. I'm going with 2-1 with the winner dependent on whether Felli/Pienaar play better than Diaby/Nasri.

EDIT: also dependent on Saha playing and Coleman being given a shot...I imagine he would put in a shit for the ages if given the start. So I'd think our best lineup would look something like this.

Howard

Coleman Heits Neill Baines

Felli

Bily Osman Pienaar

Vaughn

Saha

2nd half subs: Neville for Bily, Osman to wing. Donovan for Saha. Duffy for Neill.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

I watch a lot of the Arsenal games as I enjoy watching their football. I've found that the best way to cause them problems is to get amongst them and break up their passing game. A couple have suggested leaving Cahill out for this game but I see it as an ideal game for him as he is quite happy to chase around and harry opponents all game.

Bilya I can see struggling as he won't get time on the ball, he could however do a job as an attacking mid role in the centre as some have suggested.

The worst thing I find watching us against Arsenal is that you will spend half the game watching them pass it around the outside of your area while most of our team defend around the box. While this always makes Arsenal look impressive and dominant they normally struggle to break this down. Though the Ramsey goal against West Ham was a perfect example of what happens when they can squeeze that ball through a gap and make the perfect attack v defence goal.

What you really need to be wary of against the Arse is when you are attacking as a large number of their goals especially the important ones when they need a goal come from counter attack. They have pacy players and some killer passers of the ball that will have them in front of goal in a matter of seconds.

If I knew what to do about it I'd be a better man than Moyes!

my prediction.

Team will be:

Howard

Neville Neil Hetinga Baines

Fellaini

Piennar Osman Bilya

Cahill

Saha (vaughan if saha not back)

that's predicted team not desired team by the way.

How long's Distin been out with a hamstring injury now? Seems like quite a long time.

score prediction:

either 2-0 to them or 1-1. or 2-1 to them! Sorry not very good prediction but i'm not too sure, Arsenal have been giving away goals but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Why is everybody putting neville at fullback, we need him as the defensive centre mid, the 5 across the middle will depend on whether Moyes plays Osman, Cahill, or Bilyaletdinov.

Pienaar must be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet, and Fellaini will play because of his height, Neville in the centre, which leaves two spaces to be filled from Osman, Bily and Cahill.

To be honest I would leave Bily on the bench, he is finding it difficult to adapt. ;)

I dont really like the idea of Neville and Fellaini playing in the centre of midfield together. For me it would lead to losing the ball too much as Neville isnt great on the ball and Felli generally needs a bit more 'room to maneuver' than most. Plus if Felli is playing as a proper holding player as he has been recently then Neville will play the role of the passer who controls the ball gets it down and looks up, which he certainly isnt.

I think they started together against Carlisle, but I didnt see the game so Im not sure how they got on? It doesnt fit for me but I will gladly be proved wrong...

so there i am at 1:55 sat waiting for the 2:04 4 runcorn to euston. A big bloke in an everton tracky looking like chris woods walks past, followed by about 30 others. The whole fucking team ended up stood infront. Pienaar picks up a snowball and throws it at neville. Im still on the train now and they are all in the cart behind me.

so there i am at 1:55 sat waiting for the 2:04 4 runcorn to euston. A big bloke in an everton tracky looking like chris woods walks past, followed by about 30 others. The whole fucking team ended up stood infront. Pienaar picks up a snowball and throws it at neville. Im still on the train now and they are all in the cart behind me.

Lol thats amazing! Any early team news then!?

Star struck bugger, I bet you were shouting to the Pieman, throw it at me Steve P, :lol:;) Was there any sign of Jo?

If it's a draw it won't end goal-less. Our back line has been shite and a clean sheet against the gooners is probably not going to happen. I'm going with 2-1 with the winner dependent on whether Felli/Pienaar play better than Diaby/Nasri.

EDIT: also dependent on Saha playing and Coleman being given a shot...I imagine he would put in a shit for the ages if given the start. So I'd think our best lineup would look something like this.

Howard

Coleman Heits Neill Baines

Felli

Bily Osman Pienaar

Vaughn

Saha

2nd half subs: Neville for Bily, Osman to wing. Donovan for Saha. Duffy for Neill.

Lol Could you go a bit further and tell me wether to get a bovril or a lager at half time and what is the traffic going to be like on the M1 on the way back?

We are showing the game mate, FLFooty

The only 3pm left on today! :)

Probably a better way to put it is "Does anyone have a FREE link to the game?" Even though is says Free Live Footy, they want to charge you.

www.iraqgoals.net

www.hostream.net

These are what I use to watch games.

well, KO is about the same time as the 1st of my 3 flights today so i will miss another game. Im hoping we just get something out of it. Ive not been able to see the last few games so not sure how we're playing but any result, win or draw, against Arsenal will be good news!