• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would like to see something like this

howard

coleman...neil...heitinga...baines

donovan...neville...fellaini...pienaar

cahill

saha

that's the lineup i'm hoping for, but i doubt he'd throw donovan in the deep end that quickly. i just wish he'd play someone other than bily cause he's be terrible lately. my guess is that he'll probably bring donovan on as a substitute. depending on inuries, i'll bet the lineup looks something more like this:

howard

neville...neil...heitinga...baines

bily...osman...fellaini...pienaar

cahill

vaughan

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Donovan gets an immediate run out. Would love to see it (especially right in front of Coleman like you stated). This match doesn't really scare me all that much, people were dreading the Chelsea encounter at the Brigde like our season was over. Now the challenge is different but the level of danger is about the same for me. The key is to absorb the counters and break up attacks, which I think we've been better at recently.

If Bily shows up for this match it could be a big one for him.

Hopefully Saha can make this one and partner Vaughan up front.

i'd like to see this :

howard

coleman neill heitinga baines

billy osman neville fellaini pienaar

cahill

cahill was great in that position 1 year ago. fellaini and osman in free CM roles, with osman in a little bit more offensive role. neville to make sure we don't concede 6 goals.

I think it will be the same line-up as it was against Burnley maybe with either Neville or Coleman coming in for Hibbert, and Jv for Saha if neither are fit.

It looks like Arsenal may have a few out BUT they have two of the form players in the Premiership in Diaby and Nasri.

I hope we get something but as long as its respectable then I guess thats a more realistic prediction.

Well pretty obvious this is going to be a tough game but am pretty confident if we pull our finger out and put in a good shift we can get a good result, They play Bolton mid-week prior to our game and Bolton may have a new man in charge and a point to prove plus they like to kick lumps out of team's at times which could go in our favour ;)

Players they have missing for the Bolton game Injured/unavailable: Bendtner (groin), Clichy & Denilson (back), Djourou (knee), Fabregas (hamstring), Gibbs (foot), Rosicky (groin), Song (Africa Cup of Nations), van Persie (ankle), Walcott (side strain)

I'm not sure on time lines with some of the players but most on that list won't be fit enough or available to play in our game so i would expect to see a similar team to what faced Westham in the Cup who looked very beatable to me and very shaky at the back. So all things considered i'm pretty confident and if we can beat Arsenal it will surely give the lads a massive boost go at them and shut them down in the middle and they will be fucked he hopes

--------------------Howard

Coleman-----Neill---Heitinga------Baines

-------------------Fellaini

Donovan--------------------------Pienaar

--------Bily----------------Osman

-----------------Saha

Or

---------------------Howard

Coleman------Neill---Heitinga------Baines

--------------------Fellaini

Donovan----------Bily-------------Pienaar

------------------------Vaughan

---------------Saha

1:2 Donovan debut goal and Vaughan

Edited by EFC-Paul

If Saha not fit then

-------Howard-----------

Coleman-Neil-Heitinga-Baines

Peanuts-Neville-Fellaini-Bily Peanut and Bily can switch

--------Donovan------

-------Vaughan-------

If Saha fit then he replaces vaughan or donovan if Donovan he switches with Vaughan

:D

I think we will win this :D

What I'd like to see -

Howard

Coleman Neill Heitinga Baines

Donovan Neville Fellaini Pienaar

Bily

Saha

It's quite clear that Bily can't play on the wing to save his life (hopefully that will change once he's used to this league) and has an eye for goal, so I reckon he'd do brilliantly just behind the striker. I know this line-up won't be what we'll put out though because Hibbert and Cahill will both play as long as they can stand up.

2-0 to Arsenal. I think the scoreline will flatter them though because I reckon we'll play well but just not create.

2-0 to Arsenal. I think the scoreline will flatter them though because I reckon we'll play well but just not create.

What a shocker, Romey predicts yet another Everton defeat, I've never known any Everton fan quite as pessimistic! Anyway, Arsenal aren't that great, force them to get the ball out to the flanks and close up the middle of the defence, they have no height and are virtually no threat from out wide. Chelsea totally nullified their threat using these tactics. Sit back, let them pass pretty circles but totally shut up shop down the middle, then hit them on the break and try and put them under pressure from set pieces. I think Arsenal are beatable, particularly at the moment without the likes of Fabregas and Van Persie.

IF we play well then we can get something from this, we don't need to fear them.

pienaar, vaughan and donovan all have pace. pienaar is for sure in the starting 11 and the other two have a def possibility of being in there as well, so those 3 could so some damage on the counter

No denying that mate, although Pienaar isn't actually that pacey, but while they break the rest of the team can't keep up so the break inevitably turns back towards our own goal and the opposition get back infront of the ball.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=usa-star-landon-donovan-i-8217-m-fit-to-make-everton-fc-debut-at-arsenal%26method=full%26objectid=25535165%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

Please start him Moyes, pretty please.

No denying that mate, although Pienaar isn't actually that pacey, but while they break the rest of the team can't keep up so the break inevitably turns back towards our own goal and the opposition get back infront of the ball.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=usa-star-landon-donovan-i-8217-m-fit-to-make-everton-fc-debut-at-arsenal%26method=full%26objectid=25535165%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

Please start him Moyes, pretty please.

Dont expect too much from him Mark its a big leap from American football to the Premier league, lots of good seasoned players cant adjust to the Prem, just look at Fellaini. :)

I was looking forward to watching this match but it is looking iffy for this weekend due to the setanta US insanity that is going on. :huh:

I will be curious to see how many minutes Donovan might get.

All the setanta TV fixtures have been transferred to ESPN, can you get that station. ??

Got to attack teams like Arsenal to have any chance against them.Sit back and hoof and they will stuff us.

2qu6oah.jpg

This side and formation would give Arsenal a game.

fuykjs.jpg

This side and formation (probable starting XI) would get turned over.

I agree..

sorry but I cant see anything more than a 0-0 draw at best.