IGNORED

Howard Webb

Ok maybe i'm being slightly harsh but recently Howard Webb has been way too contreversial for my liking.

He was aweful in the United - Liverpool game, terrible in our game against WestHam (Blatant Saha penalty waved away) and again yday in the semi final; a blatant penalty for Villa waved and only a booked for John Terry's horrific challenge on Milner.

Is this the best referee that England has, if so: I fear for our reputation as a nation if he ref's a high profile game in the World Cup!!

Edited by tenaciousj

tbh Im not sure there are many decent ref's out there at the moment, or even ones who are having a good spell. Webb's been shocking recently although I had previously considered him one of the better ones.

Having said that I just finished watching the Man U/BBurn game and Walton did well in that with the numerous Man U penalty claims that never were. I would imagine a lot of other ref's would have crumbled to Fergusons icy glare.

I think the current crop are the worse we have ever seen. Dean and Dowd love the attention and play up to the camera more than Rennie ever did and i feel Webb has turned into one of those refs who now he has been told he is the "best" he is too scared to make the decisions he should do in big games in fear of losing his mantle. By the way Marriner should be reffereing sunday league football. The man is awful.

I was at the back of the lower bullens behind a big iron girder and i saw that it was pen for us! As for theirs, considering noone appealed and we were ready to carry on playing, think that says enough. We didnt deserve the win based on the performance but it couldve changed the game in our favour. Maybe the turtle wax is starting to get to his brain?