IGNORED

World Cup general thread

Guest fozzie22

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same crap disjointed performance as our previous three games. We give the ball away far too cheaply. Unless we suddenly start playing as a unit (i'm not holding my breath), its gona be Euro 2004 again, Portugal or Netherlands will run rings around us. It took a wonder goal to save us again.

The problem is that goal papers over the crap performance golden bollox has been putting in for a long time. We looked far more threatening when Lennon came on. Robinson looked indecisive to say the least, a couple of his attempted clearences were very David Jamesesque. Lampard had another poor game and should have scored at least one.

Tiago, Viana, Simao and im not sure who else will replace them, they're not bad replacements and they will still walk all over us if we play like we did today

33196[/snapback]

Why will they? We won FFS, you sound like youll only be happy when England get beat and then you can say "I told you so"

Because we havnt played well, Portugal must be laughing their heads off that theyve got us and will be thinking they are already through to the Semi's. That could play into our hands, but i expect us to lose. And no i dont want us to get beat im just being realistic.

33266[/snapback]

I dont think they will be, having deco & another first teamer out, about 10 players on a yellow. The REAL pundits all saw the positives of our display, in the fact that carrick got the chance to play the role we all wanted and he did well, rooney id well and its another game under his belt. Afew players didnt perform again, true, but were though to the 1/4 fianls with an excellent chance of the semis and if we dont click in this game we'll be getting our coats.

Germany in the last world cup bumbled there way threw to the final

I dont understand your negativity

I dont think they will be, having deco & another first teamer out, about 10 players on a yellow. The REAL pundits all saw the positives of our display, in the fact that carrick got the chance to play the role we all wanted and he did well, rooney id well and its another game under his belt. Afew players didnt perform again, true, but were though to the 1/4 fianls with an excellent chance of the semis and if we dont click in this game we'll be getting our coats.

Germany in the last world cup bumbled there way threw to the final

I dont understand your negativity

33299[/snapback]

I think we all would just like to see England flowing forward and attacking with style, with the quality in that squad we should be playing like the arse were a few seasons ago and winning by larger margins.

I'm in the "were in the 1/4's" gang but in all reality if we met real opposition we would need to take it up a couple of levels. At the mo we are playing like the underdogs in the FA cup final every game!

I think the Portugal card situation has bought us the upperhand in the next game!

After reading the link, I cant see how they can

Fifa should say " the ref delt with it" like they did with the FIgo incedent

Although he didnt really touch him, it is a straight red offence and has been for a long time. Figo should be banned and Deco cant take the law into his own hands, simple as that

Figo's headbutt was a joke, if that had been any England player FIFA would have been all over it. Ronaldo looks like he wont be 100% even if he does play which is great. Zed you must be watching a different game to me if you think our performances have been good enough. This is the worst we've played in the finals of a tournament for a long, long time and its not a one off, its four games in a row.

We were in the weakest group of the tournament and we scraped a win against the weakest team in the last 16. If we put in the same level of performance we did against Ecuador we will get taken apart by Portugal like Euro 2004 and we were playing better then. We can win the game but its goin to take a huge improvement.

Figo's headbutt was a joke, if that had been any England player FIFA would have been all over it. Ronaldo looks like he wont be 100% even if he does play which is great. Zed you must be watching a different game to me if you think our performances have been good enough. This is the worst we've played in the finals of a tournament for a long, long time and its not a one off, its four games in a row.

We were in the weakest group of the tournament and we scraped a win against the weakest team in the last 16. If we put in the same level of performance we did against Ecuador we will get taken apart by Portugal like Euro 2004 and we were playing better then. We can win the game but its goin to take a huge improvement.

33429[/snapback]

so far we have done just enough in every game, if we carry on doing jst enough we win the world cup! simple!

i would like us to improve thou