IGNORED

World Cup general thread

Guest fozzie22

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robinson, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney.

We have more worldclass players in this squad than we have ever had, if we fook about with 4-5-1, 4-3-3, or that fookin diamond thing we've got no chance.

But if we play the english way(4-4-2) and play well, we will either win it, or go very very close.

My choice is Eng-er-land, if not Brasilia.

me and me mam, me dad and me gran, went down to waterloo

me and me mam, me dad and me gran got a bucket of vindaloo

da da da, da da da, da da da da da da, da da. Engerland. :D

Edited by toffeelicker

I'm with the 'licker on this

I think that if they all stay fit and if Sven doesn't piss around with stupid formations then England are joint favourites (for me) with Brazil (they're pretty big ifs).

If it was being held in South America then we'd stand less chance but these are our conditions, and we have (IMHO) more quality from one to eleven than any other team, if not the strength in depth. Unless it comes back to England I don't think we'll have a better chance in many years.

Pissed off there are no Evertonians in the team though. :(

Edited by mikeo

He might be fat but he always seems to do the business in the world cup

<_< Like he did against France in the final? He was utter shit went to pieces under pressure. Fat, shite, a shadow of his former self and vastly over rated!

I know we are all Everton and England supporters and have been dissapointed and let down on so many occasions it is painful to recall, but come on look at our squad, were playing in Europe, Rooney will play, this is not a time for pessimism

Who will win the world cup? We should all be shouting as one

ENGLAND! :D

<_< Like he did against France in the final? He was utter shit went to pieces under pressure. Fat, shite, a shadow of his former self and vastly over rated!

I know we are all Everton and England supporters and have been dissapointed and let down on so many occasions it is painful to recall, but come on look at our squad, were playing in Europe, Rooney will play, this is not a time for pessimism

Who will win the world cup? We should all be shouting as one

ENGLAND! :D

Are you having a laugh? He fucking collapsed just before that match

ronaldo cant be blamed for france he was forced on the pitch when there was clearly something wrong with him, like EFCFAN2007 said he collapsed well i fink he did anyways but him and adrinao up front is the biggest threat in the world cup, but ENGLAND ALL THE WAY!

I put a small wager on Brazil, they have the strongest team by some distance, better than 2002 when they embarassed us with 10 men.

But I think England will get to the quarters hopefully playing Poland in the last 16 and not the Krauts. In the quarters it looks like we will get Holland or Portugal (Assuming the Argies win their group), that's when I'll start praying. We'll get brazil in the semis if we beat them but if Rooney's on form anything can happen.

Edited by Bluetrip