IGNORED

Blackburn (Away)

Finn balor

I completely forgot about the start of the season, I even set an alarm and forgot what it was for!

I ended up tinkering with an R/C plane and looking up stuff on the forums about it... sounds like I missed out for the better... even if the game was on HD channel this week.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackburn are a solid team who lose very few at home - if you go 1 down to them (from a hopefully one-off goalkeeping error) they become even harder to break down - they often defend with'10 men behind the ball'. We'll play worse and pick-up points this season and a lot of teams will come away from Ewood this season with very little. I'm not too down, I think we've been beaten by a very well organised defensive team, but for a uncharacteristic goalkeeping error it could have been different.

I think its a glaring weakness in our side. When teams "park the bus" we dont have any pace to get to the goal line to slash crosses across the goal mouth. All of our crosses came from deep. I thought Baines' crosses were decent enough but Samba and Nelson never looked troubled. Certainly no style points from Blackburn but even if they hadn't scored early I wouldn't have expected them to play any differently. Last season we struggled against Wolves, Stoke, and Brimingham all teams very similar to Blackburn IMO because unlike any other top 8 team we lack an explosive player who can take isolated defenders on.

shite

shite

shite

shite

i'm not sure pace would break down 10 men on the goal line but at least someone who can fuckin score or make a good chance? arteta better not do a saha and lose his motivation now he has his big pay off! as for pienaar??? FUCK OFF!! if he thinks he is worth the money on that then he can shit right off and i will piggy back the cunt anywhere he wants to go and then get someone in who actually has more end product rather than touchin a ball and lookin like he is doin summat! saha is useless since his contract..i'm fearful the yak is going to go and if that leaves us with unprovens and saha i worry for the amount of goals we can score because i could see us rely on cahill and as much as i love timmy he ain't gonna score enough(especially not judging on that)..saha is great when he wants to be but im not sure he wants to be anymore! unlucky for howard but it happens he makes the odd mistake but who doesn't? less said about moyes' tactics the better..think romey summed it up perfectly..i'm still positive too but someone up front needs to get a major kick up the ring piece and do summat..granted not much they can do when steven 'i'm worth a million pound a day' pienaar is doin fuck all along with the rest! a home win next week will sort us out i'm sure give us chance to get going because we are shite on the first day of the season(lost 6 of last 8)i'm not massively surprised we lost because blackburn are a tough team to beat because they're not bothered about doing anythin pretty..i'm usually happy enough with coming away with all fully fit players to be honest but not many teams will win there and i don't really wanna judge too much on that..the manner of the performance makes it hard not to though

Iv just finished watching the game again and tbh I dont think it was as bad a as I first thought. I dont know what Moyes was thinking playing our worst right side combo of Osman & Neville, we can do okay with one of them there but not both. Osman is much better in the middle, and towards the end of the 1st half, he did come inside more and co-incidentally it was probably our best spell. We have to start playing players in their best position and RM isnt Osmans.

It was a sloppy mistake by Howard and it really cost us. Im not going to jump on his back and I hope others dont as he has been brilliant for us and everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully it doesnt become a habit.

Neville was sloppy again IMO, he lost his attacker a couple of times and in general his crosses were floaty and his passes put others under pressure. He isnt good enough defensively to keep Coleman out of the team.

Jags and Distin looked fairly solid. Too many long balls but a lot of them were because no-one in front of them was moving and making space.

Baines was pretty good. A lot of decent balls into the box, which for some reason the others couldnt get on the end of.

Felli was my MOTM. Did a good job covering the back 4, passed well and always wanted the ball. At times he seemed to swap role with Arteta, which I think is unnecessary. We need Arteta higher up the pitch than Felli so lets leave him there please Mr Moyes!

Arteta was solid and kept things ticking, but IMO option in front of him werent good. It doesnt matter how good a passer you are if the players ahead arent making runs.

Osman was lost out wide. Stupid from Moyes.

Im differ slightly from the consensus with Pienaar. IMO he doesnt at all look match fit. At times you could see he was trying but it just didnt happen for him. Hopefully a couple more games under his belt will freshen him up.

Cahill was a waste today. To start with he played too deep and not close enough to Saha, then he got forward more towards the end of the 1st half when we improved. Not sure what he did for the whole of the 2nd half, especially when Beckford came on? He must stay up front and not drop back, especially when we need a goal!

Saha was wasteful again. Some times he showed movement but then that would be followed by 30mins of inactivity. Get Yakubu fit and give him a game, he cant do any less. Having said that he was isolated for a lot of the game.

Didnt really see anything from the subs. They didnt really make any difference to the team and Rodwell was on too late for the wrong person.

Bit of a shocker from Moyes today I thought, in the next game I want to see our best players all start and all in their proper positions.

Where was all that lovely passing from pre-season? They all looked scared of the ball and awkward when they had it, which usually led them to give the ball away after 2 seconds. There was no fluency and absolutely no idea what to do to go about creating an opening. One of our biggest problems from last season was our speed of play and thought, or lack of, and that was on show again today - no speed in our play the ball and you just can't afford to do that against a well organised side like Blackburn.

I couldn't agree more. After all the enthusiasm shown after early pre-season games, the Wolfsburg game and yesterday showed our inadequacies in regard to speend and breaking teams down when they hold onto a lead. the system we played and the players in the them has not even been tried in any pre-season game, so why is it chosen on the first game of the season?. Osman on the right has been lamented for many a year and everythin just looked lob sided. Blackburn were pretty poor in my opinion, yet still created the better chances yet overall we had most of the ball but lacked that cutting edge where it mattered. Disappointed, yes but as pointed out by others we will play worse this season and get three points.

Im differ slightly from the consensus with Pienaar. IMO he doesnt at all look match fit. At times you could see he was trying but it just didnt happen for him. Hopefully a couple more games under his belt will freshen him up.

He had been playing for SA. And wrote on his FB he was 'tired' the other day.