IGNORED

Blackburn (Away)

Finn balor

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to SSN earlier, they're almost ready to announce signing of a striker. No clues from Sky, but wouldn't be too surprised if it was Klasnic, the lad Bolton had on loan last year. He's just been binned by Nantes.

Blacburn is always a difficult game, so I'm going to for 2-1 with Hibbert and Gay to score.

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Jags Baines

Fellaini

Arteta Rodwell?

Bily peanuts

Saha/ Beckford

Or same as Memmaclub except for heitinga instead of distin

Edit: my spacing didnt work but bily and peanuts are out on the wings :)

Edited by the_everton_way

I think Moyes will start the season like this:

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Billy Arteta Felli Peanuts

Cahill

Saha

I can't see Moyes starting Seamus, though personally I hope we get to see him. I'd also like to see Gueye come on for a good run out in the second half, as well Beckford (see what they can do in a Premier game).

I think we'll win but it won't be easy. 1-0 or 2-1 to us.

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

Bily Arteta RodwellOssie Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

I reckon that'll be what DM starts with.

Also, am I being thick of has Anichebe dropped of the radar since they came back to England, he was having a pretty decent time in Oz and then pretty much forgotten about once they got back on home-soil.

I reckon that'll be what DM starts with.

Also, am I being thick of has Anichebe dropped of the radar since they came back to England, he was having a pretty decent time in Oz and then pretty much forgotten about once they got back on home-soil.

You really think he'll play without a DM? I don't see that happening, especially against a side like Blackburn. I reckon he'll put Neville in midfield and have Hibbert at RB.

You really think he'll play without a DM? I don't see that happening, especially against a side like Blackburn. I reckon he'll put Neville in midfield and have Hibbert at RB.

Suppose your right, but, the last thing I wanna see is Nevielle in midfield >__<

Yeah i agree

Blackburn will be hard though always is, and to be honest i have a funny feeling theyll do what they usually do and play like a bunch of pricks, i think 1-1

Suppose your right, but, the last thing I wanna see is Nevielle in midfield >__<

I'd rather see Johnny in that DM, than Neville. But I can see it's going to be awkward this season, I suppose Moyes will want to play Neville somewhere, but where, when there are better players that play in those positions.

I'd rather see Johnny in that DM, than Neville. But I can see it's going to be awkward this season, I suppose Moyes will want to play Neville somewhere, but where, when there are better players that play in those positions.

Johnny said in his interview that he'll be ready for the Blackburn game, whether that means he'll be ready in his own eyes, or Moyes'

Edited by Kohen

Personally, i think this will be a bit of a "step down" season for Neville, and he will only be played when needed. You got glimpses of it last season, were Johnny H was always over on the touchline getting orders from Moyes, alot like Neville used too. I think Moyes has realised that we cant keep giving Neville a place in the team just simply to be the "General" and i think Johnny can play that role quite well anyway, aswell as being a better footballer than Neville. But i can still see Neville playing a part this season, and maybe a Coaching role in the Future?

Same here mate but I reckon Heitinga will only have a place on the bench because he hasn't been involved at all during pre-season, I don't think he'll risk playing Fellaini from the start, and I don't think Rodwell could cope being the DM against such a physical side like Blackburn. That just leaves Neville really.

- - - - - Howard - - - - -

Neville - Jags - Distin - Baines

Bily - Arteta - Ossie - Pienaar

- - - - Cahill - - - - - -

- - - - - - Saha - - - - -

And we'll lose this one. Always do boys i'm afraid. We'll get kicked about like buggery and it'll be a soggy trip home.

Team that would beat Blackburn however:

- - - - - - Howard - - - - - -

Coleman - Jags - Heitinga - Baines

- - - - - - Fellaini - - - - -

- - - Arteta - - Rodwell - - -

- Bily - - - - - - - - Pienaar -

- - - - - - Saha - - - - - -

Now that is an awesome team :) Attack minded as fook but with a balance of defensive qualities in Fellaini, Rodwell and Heitinga :D

- - - - - Howard - - - - -

Neville - Jags - Distin - Baines

Bily - Arteta - Ossie - Pienaar

- - - - Cahill - - - - - -

- - - - - - Saha - - - - -

And we'll lose this one. Always do boys i'm afraid. We'll get kicked about like buggery and it'll be a soggy trip home.

Team that would beat Blackburn however:

- - - - - - Howard - - - - - -

Coleman - Jags - Heitinga - Baines

- - - - - - Fellaini - - - - -

- - - Arteta - - Rodwell - - -

- Bily - - - - - - - - Pienaar -

- - - - - - Saha - - - - - -

Now that is an awesome team :) Attack minded as fook but with a balance of defensive qualities in Fellaini, Rodwell and Heitinga :D

Love that second team

...but I think we'll win this one, Saha at the double.