IGNORED

Blackburn (Away)

Finn balor

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quality line up there tenaciousj I'd agree that is our best line up IF Coleman can keep improving his defensive game and IF Bily can step up his game.

though against Everton Chili Bily played much better on the left than right but I think we'll see the 2 wide men swapping sides if it's those 2 anyway.

I think Neville will start the first game, Blackburn are a tough side especially at their place and I'd agree with Moyes that he'd be the man to have starting at the weekend for the first game of the season. Weather it's in Midfield or right back really depends on if Jonny or Fellaini are ready to play yet.

If they are I think Neville would play right back and Coleman will start home to wolves, an ideal game for him where we should be on the front foot throughout.

2-0 to us. King Louis and Bily

I rekon DM will pick:

Howard, Neville, Jags, Jonny, Baines, Pienaar,Felli, Arteta, Billy, Beckford, Saha.

With Cahill being a doubt i can see him starting Beckford after him having a good preseason. As much as i would like to see seamus start, i think neille will get the right back spot with him being el cap e tain and having a good pre-season. Felli is back now, jonny will play even though he hasnt been in preseason he has said he is ready. Billy our only winger option as i cant see moyes throwing Marvin Gay in at the 1st game.

3-1 win for us, Beckford, Saha, Jags.

i cant believe nobody is picking beckford he is now the best striker at the club...saha is to inconsistent so for me the main men to be in the team are felli....beckford....artetta.get your money on becks for leading scorer he will be awsome with the service we can give him.

saha has done it..beckford hasn't so statements like that are untrue in my eyes..saha is a better player than beckford..

i cant believe nobody is picking beckford he is now the best striker at the club...saha is to inconsistent so for me the main men to be in the team are felli....beckford....artetta.get your money on becks for leading scorer he will be awsome with the service we can give him.

What a ridiculous statement. He's scored what 3 goals in pre-season against relatively poor opposition? Only the header showed any real class too.

He's qucik and sharp but he's yet to prove anything.

Saha on the other hand is one of the most ridiculously talent players I've ever seen when he's on form. Scored 14 goals in 26 league starts last season and he's well capable of scoring from absolutely nothing. If it wasn't for him in the first half of the season we would've been in the bottom 3 at Christmas.

Edited by Ian C

What a ridiculous statement. He's scored what 3 goals in pre-season against relatively poor opposition? Only the header showed any real class too.

He's qucik and sharp but he's yet to prove anything.

Saha on the other hand is one of the most ridiculously talent players I've ever seen when he's on form. Scored 14 goals in 26 league starts last season and he's well capable of scoring from absolutely nothing. If it wasn't for him in the first half of the season we would've been in the bottom 3 at Christmas.

Whole lotta lofty statements here. While I agree with Becks being entirely unproven...his second goal against Preston was most certainly class. Again, we haven't seen that talent in the right venue to give accurate appraisal. Would love to see Becks and Saha start up top though.

Whole lotta lofty statements here. While I agree with Becks being entirely unproven...his second goal against Preston was most certainly class. Again, we haven't seen that talent in the right venue to give accurate appraisal. Would love to see Becks and Saha start up top though.

I don't see how an unmarked volley could possibly make him the best striker at the club. It was emphatic, but that doesn't make it class.

I think some people are missin the point. We have aquired an instinctive striker. All three goals should tell you that because all three goals were different. The Volley and header were pure natural finishes but the BEST goal by far was his first. It was a difficult bouncing ball to control with a defender breathing down your neck and he was calm and PLACED it in the bottom bag. I was sceptical when we got him and i might be wrong but i think some teams are gonna rue not signing him.

Guest Blue4You

How can anyone possibly be negative about Beckford? :mellow:

He cost the club nothing, and he knows where the net is. His preseason goals were quality finishes as mentioned, and the header was delightful. We could have been playing anyone, but he still has to find the net. If his confidence holds, I see him scoring plenty of goals and breaking into the England squad. I'm determined to be positive this season. :)

It surely has to be Saha or Beckford to start. Both look hungry. Keeping fingers crossed for all our players this year. Everyone of them deserves a season free of injury to see exactly what this team can do.

Pienaar might sign later today. ;) Hopefully it will be for us. :lol:

Starting line-up prediction:

----------------Howard---------------

--Neville--Jagielka--Distin--Baines--

--------------Heitinga---------------

--Billy--Arteta------Osman--Pienaar--

----------------Saha-----------------

What I would pick:

----------------Howard----------------

--Coleman--Jagielka--Heitinga--Baines--

--------------Fellaini---------------

--Billy--Arteta------Rodwell--Pienaar--

------------Saha/Beckford--------------

Im fairly certain Cahill will start and that he will play alongside Saha. If we arent winning after 60mins it would surprise me if Beckford comes on, but other than that I dont see him playing. If Cahill isnt fit I would play Yakubu (providing he is looking good in training) and bring Rodwell in to play the midfield supporting role.

Due to Blackburns physical presence I think Felli should play (again providing he is fit!) with Jags & Heitinga at the back.

Id also start Billy on the left and play Pienaar on the right (preferably with Coleman, but no doubt it will be Neville). If neither is doing anything then swap. If I was actually managing the team I would be very tempted to play Arteta and Pienaar both in the centre and then have Marvin and Billy on the wings.

I don't see how an unmarked volley could possibly make him the best striker at the club. It was emphatic, but that doesn't make it class.

I applaud you for being able to misinterpret what I wrote, while citing the source in your own post. Bottom line is I'm optimistic and excited about our coming season and each player we have on the books. I never said he was the best striker at the club.

Sorry for being stubborn...kinda. ;)

Been looking forward to this one for some time but am gutted now I'm not gonna be able to watch it. As I've got a wedding to go to. Tried to blag the missus into letting us just go for the second half the do (ie. the evening do) only, but no joy. COYB, hoping for a good start this time round.

what's wrong with ya man just send her on her own :lol: