• Tim Cahill
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Louis Saha
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Johnny Heitinga

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 26

Fellaini 19

Distin 11

Coleman 7

Arteta 4

Hibbert 4

Jagielka 4

Pienaar 4

Rodwell 4

Neville 2

Cahill 2

Beckford 2

Gueye 1

Heitinga 1

Howard 1

MOTM winners....

Huddersfield (H)…Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Im going to see if i can give Mark a run for his money ;) remember, this is a 1st attempt and im trying to ignore my anger!

Howard - Not much to do but when he did, did it well. No chance with the goal. 7

Hibbert - same old same old. Good runs forward, good defensively and worked his ass off. But he cannot cross a ball. I wouldve liked him to stay on the pitch a bit longer, thought he was doing ok, wanted to see what he and Coleman could do together. 7.

(Heitinga 81) - 10 mins to go and looking for a goal. Cue a CDM, brilliant decision. Johnny had no chance to influence the game and replacing our RB was just stupid. Luckily he recognised this and went anywhere the ball was. Not on the pitch long enough, so wont give him a score.

Baines - Solid workhorse. What little mistakes he did make were more than made up for due to his constant attacking runs and some good deliveries. My MOTM, never stopped pressing, running, working... he really couldnt have done much more - 9.

Jagielka - a couple of really dodgy mistakes but on the whole alright. Not good, not bad, just alright. 6.

Distin - Lord knows what he was thinking for the goal, terrible defending. Apart from that i thought he was ok. Again tried running the ball up the field rather than hoofball a la Jags. Handled Carew well too, not an easy job. 6.

Arteta - I had to check the squad line up after 20 mins to see if he was playing. 1st half wandered around passing sideways if not backwards. Second half was better but not as crisp with his deliveries or passing in general. Very disappointed in him today, we really needed him to shine. 5.

Cahill - Again, same old same old. Worked tirelessly and put himself about but didnt really contribute much more than that. 7.

Pienaar - How we are going to miss him next season. His partnership with Baines is fantastic, so exciting the way they link up. Very unlucky with his shot too. Very close runner up for MOTM - 8

Fellaini - hes not quite ready to be starting yet, a split second too slow. Played ok, but again a player i was hoping would dominate the midfield and completely underperformed. 5

Rodwell - Bless him he tried but due to DMs amazing tactical decision to play a central midfielder on the right, he had no chance. Not his fault but a poor game by his standards. 5

(Coleman 70) - I didnt score Johnny because he didnt have a chance at making an impact, but this boy did. He was brilliant from the moment he came on and had he played from the beginning.... Fantastic runs, very good control. Still needs work but I hope we see him on the RW again next game. We need someone like him to attack opposition. I still think he and Hibbo could have a great partnership, but we all know thats never going to happen. Had he had longer to play, and had he played like he did in those 20 mins, he wouldve been MOTM. Just not enough time to impress enough. 8

Beckford - im trying to support him but this game was too important. Good touches again, good pace and made some problems, won some freekicks. But we needed that presence that Saha can give us from the beginning. Moyes again at fault, Becks needs to be introduced as an impact striker, last 20-30 mins against tired legs until he gets up to speed, which im sure he will. 6

(Saha 56) - Meh. I say hes the presence we need from the beginning, but not "this" Saha. Did nothing of note accept that shot which forced a cracking save from Friedel. Still only a 6 though.

so, it will be 1 point from 12, facing Utd next week and playing like that we are screwed. Worst start in 10 years, last year seems like a dream start...

Edited by galacticaracnid

Hibbert. Absolutely solid performance, looking very good going forward. Don't care what 90% of Everton fans (aka Hibbert bashers) say, they will always look for the negatives over the positives with him.

Baines was awesome too, showed that he can turn it on for Capello.

After that performance, Jagielka should be benched. He looked like a new born deer when he had the ball, very nervous and it looked like it rubbed off on a usually solid Distin.

Worst performance came from Moyes (not often I say that) but Rodwell on the right wing shows he is losing his grip by being forced to play players out of position.

Hibbert. Absolutely solid performance, looking very good going forward. Don't care what 90% of Everton fans (aka Hibbert bashers) say, they will always look for the negatives over the positives with him.

After that performance, Jagielka should be benched. He looked like a new born deer when he had the ball, very nervous and it looked like it rubbed off on a usually solid Distin.

Worst performance came from Moyes (not often I say that) but Rodwell on the right wing shows he is losing his grip by being forced to play players out of position.

distin knows the script though he's been around a long time and shouldn't allow a shaky performance put him off his game if that is the case..personally i don't think it is i just think they both had a stinker today distin can't handle someone runnin at him and jags just doesn't play well against villa

Hibbert was rubbish going forward today. I wouldnt call myself a Hibbert basher (especially seeing as I gave him MOTM the other week!) but his passing and crossing were shocking! He did have one really great cross, but apart from that I think we were watching different games.

I also disagree with the Jags comment. He certainly wasnt great but he looked more comfortable on the ball than Distin and it was the latter that consistently backed off and didnt looked like he wanted to put in a challenge!

But its already too late, as usual we now spend the season playing catch up and 7/8th will be the best we can hope for.

Rodwell right wing. :blink: :blink: Phht, DM had so many options for Rmid, Osman, Bily, or switch Pienaar and play Maggie on the left.

MOTM for me Baines followed closely by Pienaar.

But its already too late, as usual we now spend the season playing catch up and 7/8th will be the best we can hope for.

Rodwell right wing. :blink: :blink: Phht, DM had so many options for Rmid, Osman, Bily, or switch Pienaar and play Maggie on the left.

MOTM for me Baines followed closely by Pienaar.

We are 5 Points behind 4Th and 2 of the teams that are expected to be up there are only 3 Points ahead hardly catch up yet.

We have been the better team in all 3 games a lack off strikers seems to be the problem to me, time to drop Cahill and play Rodwell behind the striker with Coleman on the right off midfield.

We could do with a decent striker before the window closes but cant see it happening.

I personally dont buy this 'we need to buy a decent striker' crap... We play one up top with an attacking midfielder alongside him and I really dont think we will buy anyone better than Yakubu or Saha for the money we have. Barely anyone was moaning about Saha when he was banging in goals for us early last season, or when the Yak was doing the same pre-injury.

We have two top class Premiership strikers, coupled with a couple of other decent strikers in Beckford, JV and Vic. We dont need anyone else in, we just need to use what we have properly.

I personally dont buy this 'we need to buy a decent striker' crap... We play one up top with an attacking midfielder alongside him and I really dont think we will buy anyone better than Yakubu or Saha for the money we have. Barely anyone was moaning about Saha when he was banging in goals for us early last season, or when the Yak was doing the same pre-injury.

We have two top class Premiership strikers, coupled with a couple of other decent strikers in Beckford, JV and Vic. We dont need anyone else in, we just need to use what we have properly.

The Yak was playing crap long before he got injured, Saha hasnt scored a league goal since February and is injury prone, Beckford needs time and even then he might not make the grade and Vaughany and Vik just arent good enough so if you cant see that we need a decent striker its a bloody good job your not the manager!