IGNORED

Deadline Day

BBC 5 live's Mike Sewell reports: "I understand Alex Hleb's move to Birmingham is likely to be a season-long loan, not a permanent £5m signing as some reports are saying. The Blues are also hoping to get deals done for Spartak Moscow skipper Martin Jiranek and Club America's Chilean international Jean Beausejour."

if that is the case how are we missing out on loaning a player of that quality when he would be perfect for us?

fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn heellllll...the beer in the fridge really is calling me already now! if we can't afford to get loans in and we send yobo out on loan without getting a fee that we could have got for a permanent deal i am going to moan even more!!

edit: infact :shaking fist: :shaking fist: :shaking fist:

Edited by marcopaulo

1151: Sky Sports News are reporting that Eidur Gudjohnsen is flying from Monaco to Stoke for talks. Apparently the Potters have agreed a deal to cover the Icelandic striker's wages on a season-long loan deal. They're also reporting that Portsmouth's Marc Wilson is at the Britannia Stadium discussing terms on a deal.

would be a good one for stoke if that came off..

Hleb wouldn't really be a massive addition for us. He wasn't a huge hit at Arsenal as has gone backwards since then. He hasn't scored in the league for over two years, at either Barca or Stutgard.

he's condsidered a biggish name because of the teams he's played for but he's not really that fantastic a player. Im not fussed at all. If he was that good then why are were Brum only in for him?

Hleb wouldn't really be a massive addition for us. He wasn't a huge hit at Arsenal as has gone backwards since then. He hasn't scored in the league for over two years, at either Barca or Stutgard.

he's condsidered a biggish name because of the teams he's played for but he's not really that fantastic a player. Im not fussed at all. If he was that good then why are were Brum only in for him?

wasn't just brum if this was to be believed...

1550: A bit more on that Aleksander Hleb signing by Birmingham, according to ITV Football the Belarusian turned down offers from Liverpool, Tottenham and Benfica because the Blues "wanted to do the deal more". Blimey.

He is better than what we have as a right mid if you ask me