IGNORED

Man Utd (H)

Matt

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I love Everton. Pissed off that the referee blew just as Jagielka was going to shoot but ah well, that's not going to stop the celebrations! It was a really tough game for us because I thought the ref was fucking apalling (closely followed by Distin) we seemed to dominate it however and a point is well deserved. I agree with Mark's comments on Moyes though. He needs to start playing players in their positions rather than ruffling around with them, Heitenga put in an OK performance today but he's crying out to be put in the centre of defence.

Hopefully our season starts now, we must be looking at beating Newcastle United 3-0. Hate the bastards, we should really take them by the scruff of the neck and show them what the Premiership is all about - also I loved the Rooney chants :lol:

I pretty much agree with what most have posted about yesterday. However I think The Yak deserves some credit for his cameo, I thought he brought others into the game when he got the ball and put himself about, definately a game turning point when he came on. Also, did anyone see Cahill winding Vidic up after he went down in a challenge and went off for treatment, about 75 mins, Cahill was rubbing his eyes, basically calling Vidic a baby and lo and behold, where was Vidic when Cahil scores with one header and knocks down another for Arteta, classic gamesmanship. ;)

Overall a deserved point, with great character shown, now if only Moyes selects the right players in the right positions!!!

I find it hilarious that I can name without looking the members of various Everton forums who turned the match off early.

Haha, agreed with the point about supporting your club through thick and thin. If you pay to go to watch the match then you should see it till the end, not walk out when your teams losing :)

Just back from Liverpool.

Fantastic trip and some game that was!

I've seen us play Man Utd more times than anyone else now and I'm yet to see us lose against them!

Was a bit surprised at how many left early, admitedly I thought the game was long gone in the last 10 minutes when we appeared to have lost heart really and weren't getting anywhere but surely for a 12:45 kick off there's no great rush to get anywhere straight after the game?

My only downer of the whole trip was getting punched randomly by some twat outside the ground. Really weird experience, was walking from outside ground Bullens end towards main road with quite a crowd going both ways then next thing I knew a fist was flying straight through my face. Got knocked to the ground and didn't see who hit me, nor did anyone else who asked if I was alright or commented on the twat apparently. Was a pretty heavy blow and generally a bit of a shock after such a great experience inside the ground!

I just hope it was a Man Utd fan and not one of ours.

My only downer of the whole trip was getting punched randomly by some twat outside the ground. Really weird experience, was walking from outside ground Bullens end towards main road with quite a crowd going both ways then next thing I knew a fist was flying straight through my face. Got knocked to the ground and didn't see who hit me, nor did anyone else who asked if I was alright or commented on the twat apparently. Was a pretty heavy blow and generally a bit of a shock after such a great experience inside the ground!

That's nasty.

Same thing happened to me many years ago, coming out of an Essex v Middlesex cricket match strangely, very shocking.

Also, did anyone see Cahill winding Vidic up after he went down in a challenge and went off for treatment, about 75 mins, Cahill was rubbing his eyes, basically calling Vidic a baby and lo and behold, where was Vidic when Cahil scores with one header and knocks down another for Arteta, classic gamesmanship. ;)

I think Vidic is still cut up from when Timmy rattled him in the world cup. ;)

Just back from Liverpool.

Fantastic trip and some game that was!

I've seen us play Man Utd more times than anyone else now and I'm yet to see us lose against them!

Was a bit surprised at how many left early, admitedly I thought the game was long gone in the last 10 minutes when we appeared to have lost heart really and weren't getting anywhere but surely for a 12:45 kick off there's no great rush to get anywhere straight after the game?

The only trouble I've ever had at Goodison WAS with a Blue.I was in the family section with my son when a pissed up blue came in at the last second with his very young son, he thought I was in his seat, we were standing at the time as the players ran out, and he was pissed enough not to be able to work out the seat numbers.I managed to help him sort out his seat, but he still spent quite a bit of time giving me verbal and banging me with his knee........good example to his son.

He only quitened down after Beattie scored a goal....why!......because my goal celebration involved a high leap followed by a heavy landing on his foot, he kinda kept his leg away from me after that and didn't say much either........and no it wasn't a bad example to MY son, because he didn't see me do it.