IGNORED

Yakubu

jcrawfor

anyone noticed on wikipedia someone has changed his birth date to 1952 :rolleyes:

crackin vid the guy is by a mile the best we have!

i remember gettin annoyed when i saw that goal at 2:05 on match of the day cos the commentator said he scuffed it :angry:

They've also added in "he struggles to stay fit because of an asthma problem and a KFC bargain bucket addiction :lol:

Yakubu Ayegbeni (born 22 November 1952 in Benin City), nicknamed The Yak[1] and generally known simply as Yakubu, is a Nigerian footballer who currently plays as a striker for Everton in the Premier League. He is a renowned goalscorer but struggles to stay fit due to rumours of an asthma problem and a serious addiction to fully loaded meals from the KFC.

just for anyone who can't be arsed lookin :lol:

Maybe the fans need to create big Yak supporting banners or some shit, surely he'll start finding the back of the net soon?? thank christ we didn't sell him to West Ham because we'd likely not have fielded a replacement in time, not that I think we'd get a replacement for the selling price of Yak..

I can't help but smile watching how happy he is when the ball finds the net. Can't wait to have him back on top form. If he reaches the heights of 07-08 we may still have a look a top-half finish, and maybe, just maybe a Euro spot, maybe.

Bit off topic but that white/black away kit was gorgeous.

On his day by far the best striker at everton top 5 in the prem. Once he plays regulalrly I don't think he will be injured anywhere near as much saha

Not a chance, he is not even in the top 20

I would put all these ahead of him, in no particular order

Van Persie

Chamakh

Arshavin

Vela

Carew

Jerome Thomas

Drogba

Kalou

Zamora

Torres

Adebayour

Tevez

Sanat Cruz

Bellamy

Balloteli

Berbatov

Rooney

Hernandez

Macheda

Owen

Caroll

Kenwyne Jones

Gudjohnsen

Tuncay

Asamoah Guyan

Bent

Paylunchenko

Crouch

Defoe

Odemwingie

Carlton Cole

Rodallega

Doyle

Fletcher

Anelka

and please dont quote Yaks injury because he was playing shite long before he got injured

Although if we managed thypnotise him and make him believe he had only just signed for us he would be better than a lot of the players on that list! :P

Not a chance, he is not even in the top 20

I would put all these ahead of him, in no particular order

Chamakh

Vela

Carew

Jerome Thomas

Kalou

Santa Cruz

Bellamy

Hernandez

Macheda

Caroll

Kenwyne Jones

Gudjohnsen

Tuncay

Asamoah Guyan

Bent

Paylunchenko

Odemwingie

Carlton Cole

Rodallega

Doyle

Fletcher

I disagree with those but the rest you can have.

Chamakh - Only just come to this league and hasn't proven a thing yet. He does look like he'll be some player though.

Vela - While he's shown promise (and I rate him very highly) he's done fuck all yet. Come back when he's hit double figures season after season.

Carew - He's alright but he's nowhere near as good as the Yak.

Jerome Thomas - Isn't even a striker!

Kalou - He's not much of a goalscorer is he really?

Santa Cruz - Has only done the business for one season in his time in England.

Bellamy - I'd put him on a par with Yak, but he's certainly not better.

Hernandez - The same as I said for Vela.

Macheda - He is bollocks and will never be a top class striker in this league, never.

Carroll - He's scored one hat-trick at this level and you're saying he's better than Yakubu? You sound like a Newcastle fan there - delusional!

Kenwyne Jones - Nowhere near the Yak, he might be in the future though.

Gudjohnsen - In the past maybe but certainly not now.

Tuncay - Has he even got close to hitting double figures in this league yet?

Gyan - You can't put someone in the top strikers of the league when they haven't even played a handful of games yet!

Bent - I'd put him at the same level as the Yak tbh.

Pavlyuchenko - I like Pav but he's not better than Yakubu just yet.

Odemwingie - WTF?!?!

Carlton Cole - HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Rodallega - Good striker but not better than Yakubu.

Doyle - He's a work horse and a decent striker, not a top quality striker like the Yak.

Fletcher - Another one who's only done it for a season.

How can you put players who haven't done a thing in this league yet ahead of a striker, like Yakubu, who has been one of the most consistent goalscorers in this league in recent times? Wasn't his record second only to Henry until he went to Barca?

I get that you don't like his laziness and that he hadn't been performing all that well before his injury, but to say some of those strikers are better than Yakubu and to forget just how much fucking quality he posesses does him a disservice and, quite frankly, shows a massive disrespect to his record.

isn't arshavin a winger? and zamora better than the yak? im surprised you missed that one out romey didnt think you was that big a fan?

i'd say the same for owen as what you said about gudjohnsen and infact i reckon gud is still better and always was

balotelli may not do it in this league i mean forlan is class on the continent but couldn't hack it here so i wouldn't say he is better yet either(although he most likely will be class there is no 100% guarantee)

sorry mckenzie you are talkin out your ring piece on this one and i agree with romey its a massive show of disrespect

I disagree with those but the rest you can have.

Chamakh - Only just come to this league and hasn't proven a thing yet. He does look like he'll be some player though.

Vela - While he's shown promise (and I rate him very highly) he's done fuck all yet. Come back when he's hit double figures season after season.

Carew - He's alright but he's nowhere near as good as the Yak.

Jerome Thomas - Isn't even a striker!

Kalou - He's not much of a goalscorer is he really?

Santa Cruz - Has only done the business for one season in his time in England.

Bellamy - I'd put him on a par with Yak, but he's certainly not better.

Hernandez - The same as I said for Vela.

Macheda - He is bollocks and will never be a top class striker in this league, never.

Carroll - He's scored one hat-trick at this level and you're saying he's better than Yakubu? You sound like a Newcastle fan there - delusional!

Kenwyne Jones - Nowhere near the Yak, he might be in the future though.

Gudjohnsen - In the past maybe but certainly not now.

Tuncay - Has he even got close to hitting double figures in this league yet?

Gyan - You can't put someone in the top strikers of the league when they haven't even played a handful of games yet!

Bent - I'd put him at the same level as the Yak tbh.

Pavlyuchenko - I like Pav but he's not better than Yakubu just yet.

Odemwingie - WTF?!?!

Carlton Cole - HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Rodallega - Good striker but not better than Yakubu.

Doyle - He's a work horse and a decent striker, not a top quality striker like the Yak.

Fletcher - Another one who's only done it for a season.

How can you put players who haven't done a thing in this league yet ahead of a striker, like Yakubu, who has been one of the most consistent goalscorers in this league in recent times? Wasn't his record second only to Henry until he went to Barca?

I get that you don't like his laziness and that he hadn't been performing all that well before his injury, but to say some of those strikers are better than Yakubu and to forget just how much fucking quality he posesses does him a disservice and, quite frankly, shows a massive disrespect to his record.

I am basing it on the YAk of the present day, well the Yak of the last two and a half years actually. I did ay at the end that if the old Yak ever resurfaced then he would be better than most of the players on that list.

However in response

Chamakh. - Has already done more in 8 or so games hes played than Yak has for over 2 years

Vela - Good up and coming forward, 2 good feet, quick. If Wenger offered a straight swap in January would you take it? I know I would

Carew - in Yaks best ever season for us Carew was only 2 goals behind him but hes hit double figures in both of the last 2 seasons since

whilst the Yak has only scored 7 in total. Fair enough he was out injured for 12 months during that time but it doesnt take away from

the fact Carew has scored consistently since hes been in the Prem

Thomas - My mistake I actually meant Cameron Jerome at Birmingham

Kalou- Has been deployed more as a wide player for Chelsea but fair hes not prolific. Still offers a lot more than the Yak at present

Santa Cruz - Again fair comment but the Yak has only ever done it in one season at Everton

Bellamy - I think hes a fantastic player and IMO is a million miles better

Hernandez - Same as Vela

Macheda - Yeah was probably a bit unfair there

Caroll - Good strong agressive forward whos future is ahead of him, guaranteed to put a shift in and get amongst the goals where as Yak....

Gudjonsen - Maybe his best days are behind him but when is the last time the Yak did anything?

Tuncay - Not always used as an out and out forward, can play anywhere across the midfield

Kenwyne Jones - Same as Caroll

Gyan - Fair enough not experienced enough at this level but looks twice the player the Yak is

Bent - Outscored Yak every season since hes been in the Prem

Pav - Looks a complete forward to me, just needs regular football

Odemwingw - Ok pushing it a bit far there maybe

Carlton Cole - Does everything the Yak can do but has pace as well and is mobile

Rodallega - Has looked quality at Wigan and I think would be even better with better players around him

Doyle/ Fletcher - Both scored regularly in relagated sides and both have a great work rate

As I said the Yak on his day is better than most of this lot but its been a long long time since he had his day.

You are basing your argument on what the Yak is capable of Im basing mine on what hes done .

It might well be disrespectful to the Yak but I think as a paying season ticket holder he has been disrespectful to me for the last two and a half years

The noises coming out of Goodison are that he has changed his attitude since the transfer window closed and that can only be good for the club, especially if the old Yak returns. But what happens once the window opens again? Will he start sulking again?

Guest blueboy122

Sorry mate, but you are on cloud 9 there haha. You said that you are basing your argument on what hes done? I could name 90% of them forwards and ask what they have done. Sometimes fellow evertonians bewilder me to mars and back. If you are basing your argument on the present then there are alot of players who are performing better than ours, 19 other clubs whos players that are better than ours. I will back every player at everton 100% until there not in everton blue. I think if you offered yak for some of the forwards mentioned most of the clubs would think there dreaming!

JERMOME THOMAS?

DOYLE?

FLETCHER?

TUNCAY?

CARROL?

ETC ETC ETC

Wow maannnn serious issues

Sorry mate, but you are on cloud 9 there haha. You said that you are basing your argument on what hes done? I could name 90% of them forwards and ask what they have done. Sometimes fellow evertonians bewilder me to mars and back. If you are basing your argument on the present then there are alot of players who are performing better than ours, 19 other clubs whos players that are better than ours. I will back every player at everton 100% until there not in everton blue. I think if you offered yak for some of the forwards mentioned most of the clubs would think there dreaming!

JERMOME THOMAS?

DOYLE?

FLETCHER?

TUNCAY?

CARROL?

ETC ETC ETC

Wow maannnn serious issues

Name them, Yak has done the square root of fuck all for far to long

Maybe I over reacted to the top 5 forwards in the Prem comment but based on the last two and a half years I stand by most of what I said

He is an £11m player who cant be arsed to turn up

Take players as they are, it's unlikely you would be criticising his laid back approach when he nonchalantly plants the ball in the back of the net. Liverpool are seeing exactly the same thing with Torres at the mo. You only criticise work rate when they ain't scoring. Yak is the best finisher at the club, and near the top 5 in the league. He's come back from a serious injury, is it his fault we put all our eggs in one basket and signed a league one player on a free? Give him the ball to his feet and watch things happen, don't expect him to run channels up front on his own. Simple, however our super duper manager needs to grow a pair and play him alongside a runner who will give the centre halves something to think about. Whilst we are at it best finishers ahead of yak: Torres, drogba, gerrard, you can pretty much squabble about whether anyone else has the same clinical and calm approach to finding the net.

Sorry but had to edit this, what were you thinking when you compiled that list??? Were you going through rothmans football book and doing a quick a to z? Whilst watching re-runs of his miss for Nigeria.

The problem with yak is the manager does not know how to get the team to play to his strengths. It's like buying a Porsche and expecting to go off road and perform like a land rover.

Edited by Hafnia2

you're sayin what has the yak done in the last couple seasons and all that but then you list players like hernandez and vela who are the future and have done nothing yet so how can they be considered better now? your whole point confuses me and i think you have contradicted yourself a bit with the argument about the yak not doing it right now but others who also aren't are still better than him like gudjohnsen and cruz? gudjohnsen hasnt done it for years and cruz had one good season at rovers(as many as the yak has had for us by your words) whereas the yak has done it at other premier league clubs too! tuncay is a better striker cos he can play in midfield? :blink:Doyle/ Fletcher - Both scored regularly in relagated sides and both have a great work rate

would you say beattie was better than the yak is?

i still remember what yak was like in his first season. scored in his first game and we all thought he was our goalscoring savior but then had trouble finding the net for quite some time. then all of a sudden he got one and then he never looked back from there. ended up scoring 21 goals i think it was that season?

during his second season he struggled at the beginning of it and we were all waiting for him to get a bit of luck and score so that he could get back on the goal trail again. he scored an odd goal, i remember it going in off his back or his arse, and then the next game against tottenham he had that horrible injury.

last year he suffered from a combination of not having played in a long time and not getting a significant run of games. he scored against chelsea but wasn't really ready to be playing week in week out at that point so he didn't see very much playing time. i thought in the game against hull last year when we won 5-1 he played really well minus scoring a goal which i think was down to him not having much luck. after that i was looking for him to get a good run of games but it never really happened, not sure why.

now this season i think he's played well against man u, fullham and birmingham (didn't see much of newcastle so can't make judgement on that one). he's getting a good run of games now and i think the longer that goes on, the more match fitness he'll get which is a great thing for us imo. for me, he just needs to get that one goal and then his confidence will start to come back and hopefully he'll score a bunch of goals and i think he could have a good season.

Take players as they are, it's unlikely you would be criticising his laid back approach when he nonchalantly plants the ball in the back of the net. Liverpool are seeing exactly the same thing with Torres at the mo. You only criticise work rate when they ain't scoring. Yak is the best finisher at the club, and near the top 5 in the league. He's come back from a serious injury, is it his fault we put all our eggs in one basket and signed a league one player on a free? Give him the ball to his feet and watch things happen, don't expect him to run channels up front on his own. Simple, however our super duper manager needs to grow a pair and play him alongside a runner who will give the centre halves something to think about. Whilst we are at it best finishers ahead of yak: Torres, drogba, gerrard, you can pretty much squabble about whether anyone else has the same clinical and calm approach to finding the net.

Sorry but had to edit this, what were you thinking when you compiled that list??? Were you going through rothmans football book and doing a quick a to z? Whilst watching re-runs of his miss for Nigeria.

The problem with yak is the manager does not know how to get the team to play to his strengths. It's like buying a Porsche and expecting to go off road and perform like a land rover.

He is not even close to being in the top 5 and the problem with the Yak is not David Moyes. How is it Moysies fault that the Yak couldnt be arsed playing for us?

He has done the same thing at every club he has been at so how can it be down to Moyse?

As it happens I thought he played well in the first half yesterday and he did look to be putting the effort in which is good to see. I have never once doubted his ability its his attitude that Im questioning. I am sick of people bringing his injury up as an excuse because he was playing shit way before that.

If the Yak can be arsed he is a quality player, nowhere near the top 5, but quality non the less

He gets paid a lot of money and all Im asking is for him to have a bit of pride in the shirt