IGNORED

Moyes On Everton Finance

Louis

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/8067066/Moyes-Debt-becoming-unfashionable.html

"It has always been hard to compete with Liverpool. People quite often say Everton don't win enough games against Liverpool - which I am the first to support - but there are other circumstances to back that up and it tends to be finances.

"If you look at our debt, it is probably roughly somewhere between £60million and £70million. I think it is well documented what Liverpool's debt is. I think debt is maybe going to become quite unfashionable. If you are in debt it is not going to be that trendy. I think the media have pushed people to spend a lot of money and I think that is now changing.

In light of the 2009-10 accounts coming out later this week. Here are EFC 1993 to present (2008-09 accounts) records:

faeededa.png

http://ressim.net/a/...ad/faeededa.png

Summed up

Since 1997-1998 accounts Everton have made one profit after player trading and that was due to the sale of Wayne Rooney. During the same period Everton have an average Operating loss of £8.7m (this includes player transfer and signing on fees).

The more money that goes in, the more money that is spent on staff wages. Undoubtedly a vicious cycle where Everton go into more debt to invest in the playing squad.

The club's net debt rises an average of £2million per season despite an average increase in turnover of £4.2million per season. On average Everton have spent 65% of their income on staff wages during the Premiership years.

• 2 months later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6618528,00.html

"We don't have any cash to lay down plans," said the Scot.

"I'd like to bring players in on loan. I'd like a centre-forward if possible.

"But anybody who sees any speculation linking me with anybody who is going to cost money might as well throw that aside.

"It can't be true, we don't have any cash.

"We are out there trying to bring in some loans if we possibly can and that is the situation."

surely it doesn't surprise people we have no money!

That's why Moyes will be the best manager for the future, he tends to find bargins.

We would all like Pienaar to stay, he just wants more money!

We need to find more Rooney's, Rodwells, Jeffers, Vaughans etc, sell a couple and keep a couple, ie balance the books......and keep winning the football matches.

That way we will survive.If you want more than survival, maybe we we will get a buyer like the ones Blackburn got :unsure:

Every clubs got debts, and with a tad of luck we will be looking down on quite a few come the spring.

And look where it's got them....a whole point ahead of us :mellow: .

Gotta love that ambition!

Both European cup winners, fa cup, uefa cup, enough? Yep pretty painful.

Still their fans demand more, protest when feeling short changed, whilst our fans need to study enough economics to gain a masters degree to comprehend the state of our club. accept the fact that the likes of rodwell will or should be sold in order to arm davie with enough money to make several sub £10m players in the hope we see another arteta, baines or Cahill. Ambition?

Both European cup winners, fa cup, uefa cup, enough? Yep pretty painful.

I was looking at the period that I thought you were pointing at by holding up Reina and Torres as examples. An FA Cup in Reina's first season yes but nothing since and nothing for Torres other than steady decline (for the club obviously, not personal).

Did Liverpool sell gerrard and carragher? No they kept them and bought torres, reina etc.

The existing board would love all the fans to be as ambitious as the post you submitted.

We are skint, along with just about every other football club if the facts were known, my point was if we can keep producing Jeffers (£10 million) Rooneys (£30 million) Anichebes, Vaughans, Hibberts, Osmans, Rodwells etc......and keep buying Pienaars, Artetas, Cahills,......then we have a chance.

It's a big ask, to produce that type of player, and to find those kind of bargins, but hey!, we've been doing it, got to a cup final, a semi, a 4th place and european football a few times.

You can stamp and screem all you want, demonstrate and paint banners, send death threats and be bought out twice....still they(liverpool) have no money for the January transfer window (or so we are told), and as mentioned are one point ahead of us.

You think our existing board have no ambition, spoken to them have you!, they told you they don't want Everton to win things, they are happy to be in the bottom half are they.

They are most likely doing the best they can with what they've got.

You think I have no ambition, that I want Rodwell sold, that I was glad when we sold Rooney (even if it did make us a better team).Seems to me you make a lot of assumptions.

Am I looking forward to the day when we can buy a trophy, when the players troop up to get their medals and not one of them are English, or have any feelings for Everton FC, when their only reason for being at Everton is because we pay stupid money....NO.

I want a lot of things for Everton football club, buying success isn't one of them.But that's the only way I hear you shout.....then these are indeed sad times.

I will just have to continue to support a team like Everton....no money, burst pipes, soppy Chairman, clueless manager and Tony Hibbert at right back!.....but then I didn't choose.....I was choosen.

Suppose I could always bugger off and start supporting Man City, they've got lots of money.

We are skint, along with just about every other football club if the facts were known, my point was if we can keep producing Jeffers (£10 million) Rooneys (£30 million) Anichebes, Vaughans, Hibberts, Osmans, Rodwells etc......and keep buying Pienaars, Artetas, Cahills,......then we have a chance.

It's a big ask, to produce that type of player, and to find those kind of bargins, but hey!, we've been doing it, got to a cup final, a semi, a 4th place and european football a few times.

You can stamp and screem all you want, demonstrate and paint banners, send death threats and be bought out twice....still they(liverpool) have no money for the January transfer window (or so we are told), and as mentioned are one point ahead of us.

You think our existing board have no ambition, spoken to them have you!, they told you they don't want Everton to win things, they are happy to be in the bottom half are they.

They are most likely doing the best they can with what they've got.

You think I have no ambition, that I want Rodwell sold, that I was glad when we sold Rooney (even if it did make us a better team).Seems to me you make a lot of assumptions.

Am I looking forward to the day when we can buy a trophy, when the players troop up to get their medals and not one of them are English, or have any feelings for Everton FC, when their only reason for being at Everton is because we pay stupid money....NO.

I want a lot of things for Everton football club, buying success isn't one of them.But that's the only way I hear you shout.....then these are indeed sad times.

I will just have to continue to support a team like Everton....no money, burst pipes, soppy Chairman, clueless manager and Tony Hibbert at right back!.....but then I didn't choose.....I was choosen.

Suppose I could always bugger off and start supporting Man City, they've got lots of money.

Action speaks louder than words, "watch this space" followed by nothing is not ambition. We have some people sitting on our board who are content to sit by and watch while moyes has to self fund transfer activity,

Buying the land for finch farm selling it to a developer and then renting it over 25 years at a cost of way in excess of what it would have done if we funded it ourselves without being able to class it as an asset?! Surely the ambitious board could have bridged the funds until the sale of bellefield was approved for development, that way giving the club ownership of a prime training facility.

There is more than this example as to why I doubt the ambition at board level.

Moyes has admitted that the chances of unearthing lower league diamonds etc under the radar are pretty much reduced nowadays, so let's stop using cahill etc as an example of how the club can or should do it's business.

The average age of the established players Is not bad, but in the next three years we will be likely to be looking to replace 4 key positions with very little sell on coming from the incumbents

Edited by Hafnia2