IGNORED

Epl The Best In The World?

It may not be the best skill wise, for technique or flair BUT the way the whole league is packaged and marketed is what makes it attractive all round the world. Without checking, and making an ass of myself, I wouldn't be surprised if it had the highest attendance (and viewing figures from TV audiences) per capita in Europe, suggesting it attracts people to watch.

the average attendace in Germany was 42.500 last season, compared to 34.100 in the PL.

I would say the PL still ss the best league, but i could see Germany getting better in a few years.

the ticket prices in Germany are very cheap compared to over here. The supporters over there have a massive say in how their clubs are run and how football in general is run.

English football could learn a hell of a lot from the german 'model'.

Also, the westfallenstadium in dortmund is, by a country mile, the best stadium I've ever been to.

the average attendace in Germany was 42.500 last season, compared to 34.100 in the PL.

I would say the PL still ss the best league, but i could see Germany getting better in a few years.

That doesnt refer to the TV audiences tho does it, ???

My guess would be that the Premier league is well ahead in attracting viewers.

I might be wrong. ;)

for quality and entertainment value in my opinion yes. The league is so tight, we had 6 teams in the final 5-7 games playing for a CL place and several teams dodging relegation. There seems to be less middle ground these days and you never know whats going to happen from one season to the next.

Ok, its been the same 3 teams dominating for god knows how long now but thats true of most leagues I wouldve thought (not that i follow many others), at least 2 big teams and everyone plays for places below them (Spain, Scotland, Netherlands). The rest of the league though seems to be a collection of clubs to make up the numbers. Im sorry if this sounds disrespectful but its just the way I see it.

I would still say it probably is. I personally get bored of watching the spanish/italian leagues unless its one of the big 2/3 teams and even then I only watch it for the likes of Ronaldo & Messi.

Having said that I come with a very blinkered view as if its not Everton I dont really care!

IMO top to bottom EPL is the strongest.. if I could watch a random game from the EPL or a random game from any other league, I would choose the EPL league.

However, I'd rather watch Barcelona-Real Madrid or Inter Milan-AC Milan or even Bayern-Hamburg than any matchup in the EPL. (EDIT apart from Everton.. ).

Best in the world? The Champions League.

Edited by holystove