IGNORED

Bily

part of me feels sorry for him..he doesn't look comfortable on the wing but looks good in the middle and has scored a few goals..if he got a good run central i think he would do well cos he's got good feet and a sweet as shot!

Agreed. I know it was only 2 goals, but the howitzers against ManU and Pompey were awesome, and I would have liked to see Bily in the middle on the weekend instead of Pienaar...hell, throw him up front! Looks to be a better shot than Beckford...

he scored as many in his first season as pienaar has in his whole time here and he was tired and poor for the most part...he got a good number of assists too i wouldn't want to see us give up on him just yet..but i guess if we got 9m or close to back for a player who is mainly on the bench then i couldn't argue that much i guess as it could be used better elsewhere

I wouldnt get rid of Bily, i think he has some quality about him and although he hasn't done it consistantly, he does show glimpses. To me, its obvious he needs to be played in the middle, however i think moyes is wary that he doesnt have the physique to play there.

I completely agree with him having quality and being played out of position, but you also answered why we need to sell him - Moyes wont play him where he is best suited.

If we can Get most of what we paid for him back i hope we go for a Proper winger! I've always rated Jarvis from wolves (Worth a punt?), because i dont think what we get for him will be enough to get Donovan permanently. Like someone said before, i was really excited when we signed Billy, but he just hasnt got the pace (Mentally and physically) to compete in this league as a winger. Best of luck to him if he does go though.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Guest blueboy122

Agreed about Jarvis. I have always thought that that adel taraabt was a good player and I was gutted to see him go to qpr for a really low fee I think it was about 700,000 and would have been worth a punt for that price. Anyhow right now if we were to sell Billy i would go for eithier jarvis, brunt or ohara

Edited by blueboy122