IGNORED

Arsenal (Home)

Matt

There we were on the back of an unbeaten 7 or 8 games ? and we are still only 2 points away from the relegation places.

We are playing far too much catch-up this time, and middle of the table position is the best we can hope for.

Four points off a European place and mid-table is the best we can hope for :mellow: ?

It's the most open and closest league for years, the "big" four/five/six are not so big anymore, all are beatable, anyone stringing a run together can fly up the table and recent history shows that's just what we do.

Overly pessimistic in my view Bill :) .

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK we lost against Arsenal which is no disgrace but our league position does open your eyes to how another bad start to a season has cost us dearly. There we were on the back of an unbeaten 7 or 8 games ? and we are still only 2 points away from the relegation places.

We are playing far too much catch-up this time, and middle of the table position is the best we can hope for.

:o

I disagree we are only 2 wins away from a gauranteed European place and we still have 25 games to go!

If we can somehow find the money to buy an average CF who can help us convert these draws into wins when the transfer window opens then it could still be a good season for us

Four points off a European place and mid-table is the best we can hope for :mellow: ?

It's the most open and closest league for years, the "big" four/five/six are not so big anymore, all are beatable, anyone stringing a run together can fly up the table and recent history shows that's just what we do.

Overly pessimistic in my view Bill :) .

Maybe so but i'm entitled to it, same as you.

Duncan .. "I disagree we are only 2 wins away from a gauranteed European place and we still have 25 games to go"!

Your entitled to disagree but i'll put a £20 pound note on the table that says we dont get a euro place this season so if either of you two wish to take it up let me know. ;)

Maybe so but i'm entitled to it, same as you.

Duncan .. I disagree we are only 2 wins away from a gauranteed European place and we still have 25 games to go!

Your entitled to disagree but i'll put a £20 pound note on the table that says we dont get a euro place this season so if any of you lads wishes to take it up let me know. ;)

I will have a go of that!

im in for that bet and i dont usually gamble. It will have to be electronic bank transfer, dont have a cheque book. Remember that last season we finished only 6 points off 5th and that was coming from 15th on Christmas Day. Such a long way to go. So long as the strikers start scoring, and it will happen, we should cruise it.

No No No i wouldnt want to push anybody into a bet its just for a bit of fun.

Its not such a bad situation for me .... i might have to pay out 60 - 80m - or a 100 Quid, but it means that the Blues have finished top 6 and will have made it into Europe. :jump for joy: :yay:

But for you, not only do you pay out £20, you also see your team finish in mid table. :(

I'll leave it to Louis to let me know if anybody has taken the gamble.

I'll have to think about this one, not sure how it could be done to be honest. It is probably better done through Betfair or somewhere.<br><br>I'd be inclined to agree with Bill.. I can't see Everton qualifying for Europe. It's a slippery slope from now on.. I'm not soft enough to gamble on it though! :)<br>

• 2 weeks later...

Its too late now, times up.

Looks like nobody has taken me up on the bet, which gives some creedence to what i said.

I gave you your chance but after Sunderland and West Brom, it now appears that some peeps are not as upbeat as they were a couple of weeks ago.