IGNORED

Arsenal (Home)

Matt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played some good stuff in the first half. Coleman was quality again. But same old story, in not taking our chances and frankly not having enough shots on goal. Disappointed, but then I'm kind of getting used it now the way this season is going. I'm starting to think this team has peaked and it maybe worth thinking about getting rid of some of the deadwood.

Another game we shouldnt have lost. We had enough chances and conceivably should have won.

Howard good have done better for the goal but was good otherwise.

Baines was outstanding. Getting forward and winning the ball was exceptional.

Jags a bit dodgy but generally solid.

Distin solid

Neville solid, although chipping it miles ahead of Coleman to chase was wearing thin.

Heitinga did well, just picked up an unessecary booking.

Arteta was fucking shite. If someone comes in with a serios offer I would ship him and off asap. At fault for both goals, not marking and losing the ball cheaply.

Pienaar was class. Final ball wasnt always there, nor the shot but at least he was there attempting it instead of the waste of space that is Arteta.

Coleman was brilliant again. He lost the ball cheaply a couple of times but at least he has the tenacity to get the ball back. Clichy wont have enjoyed his game against him thats for sure.

Cahill was also class. It was pretty much only him up front 1st half and he worked his nuts off. When he droppped back into midfield 2nd half he did more in 5 mins than Arteta did all game. His ball for Beckford was surprisingly class.

Saha was another waste of space. Touch was terrible, link up play was abysmal and generally did fuck all. He actually looked better on the left at the end and did do well for the knock down for cahills goal.

Rodwell looked rusty but he at least tried to get us going forward. In the end it was him running and breaking forward taking a shot that dropped to Saha who won the corner for our goal. Arteta wouldnt have done that, nor Heitinga.

Beckford looked lively but didnt really get the ball enough. Moyes started him outwide which isnt where he would suit and he looked much better when moved more central. His work from the Cahill ball deserved a goal but for a brilliant save.

Yakubu did more than Saha did in the 70 mins Saha was upfront with Cahill. He set things up, brings people into play and also looks to play quality through balls. He should be starting, and Id be tempted to play Beckford alongside, at least from the bench.

Moyes did quite well today. Heiting swap was a logical one, Arteta was shite so he should have come off (probably earlier in my eyes) and my only gripe was that maybe Saha should have come off instead of Neville. Once he got the players in the correct positions (ie not becks & yak out wide) we looked threatening. Playing Pienaar central worked well when he did that.

Played some good stuff in the first half. Coleman was quality again. But same old story, in not taking our chances and frankly not having enough shots on goal. Disappointed, but then I'm kind of getting used it now the way this season is going. I'm starting to think this team has peaked and it maybe worth thinking about getting rid of some of the deadwood.

Out of interest then who would you get rid of? I dont think we can afford many to go. I wouldnt be too fussed if Billy went and if you could guarentee a quality replacement I would let Saha go. Also for the money we would get in and his current performances arteta would go, although I know he has the quality but isnt showing it.

Arteta was fucking shite. If someone comes in with a serios offer I would ship him and off asap. At fault for both goals, not marking and losing the ball cheaply.

Pienaar was class. Final ball wasnt always there, nor the shot but at least he was there attempting it instead of the waste of space that is Arteta.

Was I the only one to think that for the first goal Pienaar played Arteta into trouble? I didn't see that bit replayed but it looked like that to me the first time.

Was I the only one to think that for the first goal Pienaar played Arteta into trouble? I didn't see that bit replayed but it looked like that to me the first time.

Cant remember exactly what started it all but all I know is that Arteta lets Sagna drift into space and then realises it once its too late. It was lazy and a player of calibre shouldnt have let it happen. Distin could also be partly to blame for not potentially closing him down as well, as could Pienaar if it wsas a dodgy pass.

Cant remember exactly what started it all but all I know is that Arteta lets Sagna drift into space and then realises it once its too late. It was lazy and a player of calibre shouldnt have let it happen. Distin could also be partly to blame for not potentially closing him down as well, as could Pienaar if it wsas a dodgy pass.

Sorry, I actually meant the second goal.

Sorry, I actually meant the second goal.

lol.. . Yeh I think there was a dodgy pass but Arteta waited for the ball to come to him and then when it did get to him he was robbed. I can excuse errors if the players works his bollocks off and reprieves himself but he was lost didnt know what was around him and it cost us and rightfully got hooked off.

Arsenal are probably the best passing team in the prem and at times towards the end( before the goal)made it look too easy....but!I think we created more chances and gave almost as good as we got.Having Jonny and Arteta off their games wasn't going to help against a team like Arsenal.

If we'd scored 15 mins earlier we could have maybe got the 3 points....Arsenal didn't seem that great under pressure.

Baines, Coleman and Pienaar were the players that gave Arsenal the most trouble.

An up to speed Rodwell and Fellaini will gives us more from midfield....and Anichebe could be a better choice to play along side either Cahill or Beckford.

Well that was an utterly disheartening performance from most of our players today. Where was the fight? We were so toothless and rudderless it's untrue. I am embarrassed by what I've seen today tbh. I don't mind us losing when there's been effort put in, but there was pretty much fuck all of it out there today. Arsenal weren't even that good but we rolled over and died for them. Mistakes got them their goals and then we had absolutely no clue when in possession. I use the word possession very loosely because we could barely keep hold of the ball for more than five seconds. Not only that but we had the same shit we've seen in all of our other games too - so fucking slow it's pathetic, absolutely no urgency, too much sideways passing, backing off opposition players and giving them all the space in the world to whatever they please. Why, oh fucking why, did we only decide to play for the last 10 or so minutes? If we'd played for the entire game I honestly believe we'd be sitting here talking about the 3 points we'd just won because Arsenal were not all that.

I was ashamed and embarrassed by their first goal. It was like the parting of the red sea! I can't remember who it was, it could have been Baines or Distin (or both), but they actually moved out of the fucking way to let Sagna have a shot! I was seething in my seat, I actually felt like punching someone. Tbh I still feel that way.

Special mention for Mr. Howard Webb. He is the biggest shithouse of a referee I have ever seen. An absolutely shocking performance from him today. He was loving the limelight. By no means to blame for our defeat but he played his part well. Cunt.

Howard - Should never have been beaten at his near post for the first goal, but he was good apart from that.

Neville - I thought he had a very good game tbh. Lofted aimlessly a few times but other than that he was solid at the back and got forward fairly well.

Jagielka - I think he might have taken a knock early on because he looked uncomfortable for most of the game to me. He was OK but nothing to write home about.

Distin - The amount of times he played the ball long really grated on me but I thought he was the better of our CB's today.

Baines - Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't think he'd played that well until we decided to play right at the end of the game. I think that was probably down to the fact that Pienaar kept disappearing from the left-hand side so Baines was left on his own a lot of the same.

Coleman - Not much actually came off for Coleman today but he tried and tried, and never bloody gave up and that's what was very impressive about him. He'd get the ball and always look to run at the opposition. Fuck me, if even half of our players were as positive as him when in possession we'd be some team. Even when he'd lose the ball he'd work his bollocks off trying to get it back. That break away run he made to cross for Cahill was fucking phenomenal. My MOTM.

Heitinga - I actually thought he started the game really well and I thought "Johnny's back", but that yellow card took him out of the game entirely and instead of marking players he had to just marshal space instead.

Arteta - He was simply dogshit today, and that's being very kind to the man. I don't think I've ever seen him give the ball away so many times in a single game. He is a total pussy atm, always looking to pass the buck instead of taking responsibility with the ball himself. He's our main creative midfield and I can't remember the last time he created a fucking thing or even took a man on. He sits infront of the defence and goes "look at me, I can pass sideways, isn't that fucking great?" Stop being a crab Mikel and start getting involved in games, we bloody need you.

Pienaar - Apart from drifting inside far too often (at one point he even ended up on the right with Coleman!) and leaving Baines on his own down the left he had a pretty good game. Like Coleman he was always looking to drag us forward. But when you've only got two players looking to be positive you're not going to get far.

Cahill - I didn't think he actually played that well as an attacking midfielder tbh. For me, he didn't win enough of the aerial battles and the ball kept coming back at us because of that. I was, however, very impressed with his performance once he dropped back into a proper midfield position. He gave us everything we were lacking when Mikel was playing there - mainly a drive forward.

Saha - Why the fuck he was starting, again, I'll never know. He stunk the place out. His ball control was terrible, his movement was shite, he was a greedy fuck - I wasn't surprised to see Beckford doing his fucking nut when Saha had a shot even though Beckford was totally unmarked and would have had a clean shot on goal.

Beckford - I don't usually mention the subs but I feel I need to mention something about Beckford. I was very impressed with his movement when he came on. I kept quite a close eye on him and some of the runs he was making were quality. It was a breath of fresh air seeing that after being subjected to the static and shit Saha up until that point.

Edited by Romey 1878

welcome to the bottom half of the table, boys. Looks like we'll be here a while.

Get a grip, we are 4 points off fifth place and have just been narrowly beaten by the best footballing side in the country

It wasnt a great performance by any means but neither was it as bad as some people are making out. The only way to beat Arsenal is to get stuck into them and the refereeing performance from Howard Webb/Cesc Fabregas made quite sure that wasnt possible. Whilst he wasnt the reason we lost he was certainly a contributing factor.

I havent had the benefit of watching it on the TV yet but some of the decisions that went against us were quite unbelievable. Saha's header was a prime example he either performed the most remarkable header in the history of the game by looping it around the post from close range or it was clearly still in play. Why did Fabregas stay on after the challenges on Jags and Distin? Why did the defender who brought Saha down when he was clean through stay on and why didt he allow Coleman to play the advantage? Why didnt we get the free kick on the edge of the area in the first half when Piennar was tripped right in front of him? If he had got any one of those decisions right we may have had a different outcome.

Yes there were some poor performances ( noteably Arteta and Saha) but there were also some good performances (Coleman, Baines, Cahill, Distin and Piennar) and both goals we conceded were from bad mistakes by Arteta and Piennar but I think we will play a lot worse than this and win on numerous occasions between now and the end of the season

OK we lost against Arsenal which is no disgrace but our league position does open your eyes to how another bad start to a season has cost us dearly. There we were on the back of an unbeaten 7 or 8 games ? and we are still only 2 points away from the relegation places.

We are playing far too much catch-up this time, and middle of the table position is the best we can hope for.