IGNORED

Arsenal (Home)

Matt

Right, since this one is only a few days after the Trotters I started the Arsenal Qs and found another nice friendly forum (work load was seemingly overhyped!)

http://www.goonerswo...php?f=5&t=18030

The Q's

1/ Do you think Wenger can get you back to the glories of the Henry/Pires/Viera/Bergkamp days or do you think its time for a change of management?

2/ Danger men - who should we be looking out for and who are you worried about?

3/ If you could nab 3 of our players, who would they be?

4/ Do you expect any transfer activity in the January transfer window? If so, which area do you think you will try to improve on?

5/ The easiest question, following the loss against the Toons, what do you think the score will be at Goodison?

Some responses already:

CynicalGooner

1. I swing between optimism and pessimism like most fans. I do try to stay level headed but it's hard to know which way is up with our current crop. World beaters one day, utter tripe the next. If we end this season in similar fashion to last I would like a change

2. Considering both our teams problems with injuries naming players may well be tempting fate... Samir Nasri was on fire but has gone off the boil in the last few games, but he's still a danger man and of course Theo Walcott on the counter attack. As far as you go it's hard to see past Tim Cahill as your most dangerous player at the minute.

3. Jagielka, Rodwell, Tim Howard

4. No

5. 2-2

Rockin' Robin

1. Yeah, I think he can. We have a good squad, he's still got a good eye for a player and he's been proved right so many times.

2. Walcott, Nasri and Fabregas. If Cesc gets a rest on Wednesday he should hopefully be back to full fitness by the weekend, and Walcott and Nasri are in great form. I'm wary of Cahill in the air, Yakubu with our relatively weak defence and Baines is great from set pieces.

3. Jagielka, I think he's class. Rodwell would add more steel to our midfield, and maybe Bilyaletdinov just because I like him.

4. Maybe, depending on what injuries we get.

5. 4-2 Arsenal maybe, not sure, depends on the Wolves and your game.

Edited by Matt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we play like vs bolton, their counters will get us crushed. I cant see this game never as a 0-0, more likely it will be 3-3. Seamus again to start and Yak also. Too bad Rodders aint fit, i think Mikel needs to rest. He havent been himself at all lately. Poor passing and he has been just slowing down our attacks. Other players pass the ball for him every time and he slows it down. When he aint at his best he shouldnt play.

Too many bloody draws this season.....thing is, is a draw against Arsenal a good point?

Baines and Pienaar doing what their good at, taking us to a nice little win.

2-0.

Last 6 games we're joint 2nd with Utd and Arsenal, a point behind leaders Chelsea. Suppose you could look at that, in the last 6 games we haven't lost any ground, only gained on our nearest rivals!

I'm happy with goals in extra time, so long as they are winning goals!

Fair point! No arguments there.

So much depends upon which team shows up. I'd hardly expect a clean sheet from either side, but we've been struggling this year in 'getting more goals in' contests.

@Romey1878 - sporting the third shirt here as well.

Mine's in the bottom of the laundry basket...and I've been wearing it for all games since Liverpool also :( .

I'll stick with the blue for now....and maybe go digging for it if we need a goal later :D .

Wear the 3rd... I'm sure no one will notice if it smells a bit ;).

Mind you, given most wear the shirt over the top of a T-shirt they get good mileage between washes :P.

I'm predicting 3-2 to us.

Yak, Cahill, Bily for us.

Chamakh and Song for the Goons.