IGNORED

Jarvis And Henry

Guest Nikica

We'd be second from Jan the last 2 years sad.png

For me, we're in the second mini league in the prem, Newcastle have had a freak season unfortunately for us. If Arsenal lose RVP and Chelsea don't find another striker it will give us a big chance for top 4 next season smile.png

Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal

Spurs, Everton, Liverpool

Yeah, although I think Newcastle are a pretty good team, but aye, they've probably overachieved.

Back when you had Saha and Arteta I used to say you had good players in most areas of the park. You still do tbh. Definitely should be finishing higher than you are. Saying that with the teams above you 7th is reasonable.

Edited by Nikica

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, although I think Newcastle are a pretty good team, but aye, they've probably overachieved.

Back when you had Saha and Arteta I used to say you had good players in most areas of the park. You still do tbh. Definitely should be finishing higher than you are. Saying that with the teams above you 7th is reasonable.

You mentioned Arteta, I have a sad now :(. Ex-Everton players have all had a key role in the top 3 teams this season we just need to hang on to players longer and hope they succeed with us instead.

Guest Nikica

You mentioned Arteta, I have a sad now sad.png. Ex-Everton players have all had a key role in the top 3 teams this season we just need to hang on to players longer and hope they succeed with us instead.

That's the globalising of football I refer to. It's always been a food-chain but it is even worse now. The 'better teams' poach talent from the lesser (hence why you lost Rooney to the Mancs).

they have a good core at that club the trouble is can they keep it? ashley is there to make money..i can't see him ploughing any in to improve

As I say above, probably not, because the 'elite teams' will always come in with a big-money bid. I'd like to see Newcastle retain the nucleus of their team. Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse though are destined for major things.

they have a good core at that club the trouble is can they keep it? ashley is there to make money..i can't see him ploughing any in to improve

As I say above, probably not, because the 'elite teams' will always come in with a big-money bid. I'd like to see Newcastle retain the nucleus of their team. Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse though are destined for major things.

Can see Man U putting a cheeky bid in for Cisse, £10 mil and Welbeck.

Guest Nikica

Can see Man U putting a cheeky bid in for Cisse, £10 mil and Welbeck.

Welbeck is a future top 10 player in the world, don't you listen to United fans?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bakayoko

Jarvis spotted parked outside the club, saw a picture of it on....... not sure how to upload pics on here but looks like theres a deal on the cards

Jarvis spotted parked outside the club, saw a picture of it on not sure how to upload pics on here but looks like theres a deal on the cards

funny that, didnt realize car registration sites did football news.

Jog on please.

Jarvis spotted parked outside the club, saw a picture of it on not sure how to upload pics on here but looks like theres a deal on the cards

I actually like Jarvis. Definitely better to be linked with him than Doyle, but if these rumors are true, we better be paying a low price, and again, this shouldn't affect whether we can buy Peanuts back.

I said a while back on the forum that we should be looking at Jarvis now that Wolves are relegated, he's a quality player and should be at a much better club than them. I don't think he would cost too much with them going down and I fully believe that we could actually snap him up (I highly doubt he would turn us down to stay in the Championship).

Naismith and Jarvis would be two good early singings in my book.

• 2 months later...

I actually think I would take Jarvis over Pienaar purely on the basis He's younger and has a better end product and would do well here.

It would be nice to have both on either side as Jarvis can operate on either side but You can't have everything I suppose...

I don't even know who this Jarvis person is, first names anyone?, not a name that rings any bells. And Henry also, not the French player and Arsenal legend surely?, He's still with New York isn't he, and would be playing with Cahill next season then. I would have liked to have seen him at Goodison at some stage of his career though, a truly great player.

Matt Jarvis was a cartoon character in The Sun 'news' paper for a fictional soccer side If memory serves.

I got the wrong Henry.... although still maintain I would have liked to have seen the Frenchman at Goodison, this other guy doesn't have quite the impact.

I think neither of these individuals will arrive to be honest. If Wolverhampton have any players of caliber, they would be advised to hang on to them afer their relegation last season and try to build for next seasons challenge.

Guest blueboy122

Matt Jarvis was a cartoon character in The Sun 'news' paper for a fictional soccer side If memory serves.

I got the wrong Henry.... although still maintain I would have liked to have seen the Frenchman at Goodison, this other guy doesn't have quite the impact.

I think neither of these individuals will arrive to be honest. If Wolverhampton have any players of caliber, they would be advised to hang on to them afer their relegation last season and try to build for next seasons challenge.

What a strange but lovable character.

Guest blueboy122

Jarvis is decent enough squad player.

Henry is a yard dog wasnt it him who Barton had the run in with?

Was that last year or year before when he smashed Barton every time he touched the ball.....it was epic but brilliant. But agree a yard dog with no ability on the ball...no thanks not the direction we want to be heading in. Sunday league type player.....

Guest blueboy122

I'm still angry we lost out on Pranjic... I feel like Jarvis would be a good left-side alternative to Pranjic (squad player)

What happened to him...thought it had just gone quite on him, didn't realise we lost out on him!

I actually like Jarvis. Definitely better to be linked with him than Doyle, but if these rumors are true, we better be paying a low price, and again, this shouldn't affect whether we can buy Peanuts back.

When Wolves went down, I immediately thought Jarvis might be a good fit for Everton on the right flank.

What's this about him playing left? I'm sure he can being a winger and all but I'm pretty sure he primarily plays on the right.

Anyway, looks like Fulham are after him at the moment:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/9448068/Fulham-manager-Martin-Jol-makes-bids-for-Wolves-winger-Matt-Jarvis-and-Huddersfields-Jordan-Rhodes.html

Wolves can't be serious asking 10m for him!?

When Wolves went down, I immediately thought Jarvis might be a good fit for Everton on the right flank.

What's this about him playing left? I'm sure he can being a winger and all but I'm pretty sure he primarily plays on the right.

Anyway, looks like Fulham are after him at the moment:

http://www.telegraph...dan-Rhodes.html

Wolves can't be serious asking 10m for him!?

He plays on the left, and is an England international. Wolves are financially stable so can afford to keep players, in hope to get promotion. Last week they turned down Sunderland's bid of £10 mil for Fletcher.

He plays on the left, and is an England international. Wolves are financially stable so can afford to keep players, in hope to get promotion. Last week they turned down Sunderland's bid of £10 mil for Fletcher.

Seriously eh? Championship side turning down £10m is pretty ballsy.

Apparently West Ham have had a 9m bid knocked back for Jarvis!

Bonkers if they are willing to folk out that kind of money on him, I don't think He's a bad player but that's stupid money for a player of his ability and makes the Pienaar deal seem a steal...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/wolves-reject-9m-bid-from-west-ham-for-matt-jarvis-8031287.html