IGNORED

List Of Potential Moyes Replacements

If Saha, Yakubu or Beckford were whacking goals in......Moyes and Everton would be in about 5/6th place(maybe even higher) and Moyes would be wonderfull.

We don't have much money and we've been unlucky with injuries.How is a new manager going to change that.

A manager lives and dies by what his team do on the pitch, at the moment, he's got work to do.

Moyes has been failing badly for the past year +. And for once he can't blame the lack of investment: He spent 9 million on Bilyaletdinov who doesn't even get played & 6 million on a centre back who gets played in midfield.

The side has no pace, the midfield is full of playmakers who can't run at or behind defences and our forwards are either crap or best with back to goal. None of our midfielders can play a decent first time ball and they all insist on shifting it inside onto their good foot and slowing the entire team down. We're completely over reliant on the Baines-Cahill partnership. Don't get me wrong, they're probably our best two players but in any other team they'd be the second or third option that the team looks for. Ask yourself this, when was the last time Everton broke at the opposition and you didn't know it would be slowed down and laid off for Baines to whip in.

Anyone who has been a regular to this site over the last couple of years will hopefully know me as a balanced individual who doesn't make knee-jerk decisions. I've now made up my mind. Moyes has to go - He's proven that he can't work the transfer market anymore, he's proven that he is tactically inept and most shockingly of all he's proven that as seen with Lescott and now Pienaar and Heitinga that he isn't the man-management god everyone believes is his saving grace.

We need a manager with vision and courage - Holloway, Coyle or Di Matteo. If our lack of investment is going to ultimately condemn us to mid-table mediocrity then we can at least do it with some style, pace and heart.

Moyes has been failing badly for the past year +. And for once he can't blame the lack of investment: He spent 9 million on Bilyaletdinov who doesn't even get played & 6 million on a centre back who gets played in midfield.

The side has no pace, the midfield is full of playmakers who can't run at or behind defences and our forwards are either crap or best with back to goal. None of our midfielders can play a decent first time ball and they all insist on shifting it inside onto their good foot and slowing the entire team down. We're completely over reliant on the Baines-Cahill partnership. Don't get me wrong, they're probably our best two players but in any other team they'd be the second or third option that the team looks for. Ask yourself this, when was the last time Everton broke at the opposition and you didn't know it would be slowed down and laid off for Baines to whip in.

Anyone who has been a regular to this site over the last couple of years will hopefully know me as a balanced individual who doesn't make knee-jerk decisions. I've now made up my mind. Moyes has to go - He's proven that he can't work the transfer market anymore, he's proven that he is tactically inept and most shockingly of all he's proven that as seen with Lescott and now Pienaar and Heitinga that he isn't the man-management god everyone believes is his saving grace.

We need a manager with vision and courage - Holloway, Coyle or Di Matteo. If our lack of investment is going to ultimately condemn us to mid-table mediocrity then we can at least do it with some style, pace and heart.

Well said. Moyes has done a great job in making us stable I.e not being relegated whilst working on limited funds and to a point suffering bill and co. We need a manager who is going to attack in every sense possible, on the pitch, the players, the board.

Would love a manager of everton creed, a Joe royle esque character with the attitude and winners mentality of a southall. However, Owen coyle looks superb.

I believe we keep Moyes and stop bagging him for his forwards poor performance. We had more shots than WBA (11 shots to their 10), our shots on target was 4 to their 5, which means only 25% of our shots were away from the keeper, compared to their 80%. So lets not blame Moyes for forwards aiming at the keeper (the shot that was our only goal is from a Midfielder). So the forwards need to be put back into the reserves taught that how to shoot and learn that they aren't performing well enough. Possibly move Gueye on to the pitch, along with Anichebe and let Beckford start, the rest of them should bugger off to reserves for a week.....or a month.

what a joke..i'm not even goin to respond beyond this post to a load of shite about replacing moyes

Why not? It's a legitimate position. We've been barely treading water for the last year. I've yet to see an argument for keeping Moyes that is based on the future. Everything is based on the relative successes he had in the past and that is no way to run a business or a football club.

We'll all still be fans in many decades time, and Moyes won't be managing us then. There is nothing wrong with discussing our options in a reasonable and logical manner. Moyes should be looked at similar to how we look at any other member of the playing or backroom staff.

He's earned our patience in this regard, but that patience is quickly wearing thin.

While i am beginning to question some of Daveys decisions i.e not playing Heitenga at centre back with Jags but i believe he is still the man for the job but he has to make big decisions next month. If he was keeping Peanuts in the hope we would make Champs league then we need to sell him in Jan or option a swap for Krankjaer/Bentley. We need to sell Bily, Vaughan and listen to offers for Yak and maybe even Heitenga if he wants off. Drum some money up for a striker and FAST midfielder. Whats the point of keeping Maggie on the bench every week and not getting him on? If Moysie was to go its a massive decision for our club as to who to get. When we gambled on Moyes we were only going one way, now we could be at a crossroads. Get it wrong and back to the old days. Coyle is a good shout for me.

I would welcome a change tbh...

My gripe with Moyes isnt the lack of forwards scoring as someone suggested but because he makes the same mistakes time and time again.

We constantly play players out of position, subs are piss poor, tactics are piss poor, his man management is showing cracks, always negative, always picks his favourites, never gives youth a real chance unless its forced and in fact I could go on.

We have the best squad we have ever had in years yet we have played incredibly poorly bar maybe 2-3 games and 5 mins against Man Utd. If I had a choice of someone else coming in or Moyes bucking his ideas up then it would be the latter every time but we are 8 years down the line and he still makes the same mistakes.

I am now pretty much resigned to the fact that we will never make a real impact on the league and I have become so disillusioned with the way he is managing this team.

If I had to choose a replacement it would probably be Coyle at the moment. He likes to attack, plays good footy but I would like to see how he copes with Bolton going through a tough patch to see how he reacts first.

Personally, I am not too comfortable with this question. At the moment Moyes is our manager. Who is better?

OK now you have come up with a name?

Now how do you get him to Everton?

Promise lots of money to spend?

Show him our magnificent league position?

Show him the wonderful way we are in the challenge for Euro Champions League?

Moyes is our manager, and in reality, at this moment in time we can't do any better IMO.

Yes Moyes has made mistakes, but he is human and not perfect. The last person who was perfect was nailed to a piece of wood 2,000 years ago. He couldn't help us either he gave up raising the dead a long time ago.

Look at the great managers in football, they all go through bad episodes at times. Mourinho is not doing brilliantly just now either and he has massive amounts of money in his coffers. Ancelloti is not a great manager really but look at the mess he is going through. Fergie has had his bad moments in the past.

I am hopeful Moyes will turn things around, and until something definitely happens one way or another, Moyes is our manager.

Personally, I am not too comfortable with this question. At the moment Moyes is our manager. Who is better?

Moyes is our manager, and in reality, at this moment in time we can't do any better IMO.

Yes Moyes has made mistakes, but he is human and not perfect. The last person who was perfect was nailed to a piece of wood 2,000 years ago. He couldn't help us either he gave up raising the dead a long time ago.

Look at the great managers in football, they all go through bad episodes at times. Mourinho is not doing brilliantly just now either and he has massive amounts of money in his coffers. Ancelloti is not a great manager really but look at the mess he is going through. Fergie has had his bad moments in the past.

I am hopeful Moyes will turn things around, and until something definitely happens one way or another, Moyes is our manager.

Yeh good post.

The only way someone else would come in would be if Moyes stepped down, and I dont see that happening. We probably couldnt afford to pay him off and then getting another manager from another club would cost even more, especially someone like Coyle who is only a year in to his contract.

The other option in my eyes would be to appoint another number two. I dont know enough about Round to comment but what I do know is that he lets moyes continue to make the same mistakes time and time again. We need someone to come in with a different outlook on the game. Someone who is bold, someone who likes to attack and preferably someone with European experience. I hear Ray Wilkins is out of a job...

The grass is always greener, mates. Owen Coyle? The guy has done good things a Bolton - but it's not even January yet! So he's a little more attack minded this Moyesy, but if that's the bar, I'd hate to see who else qualifies.

6 months and Moyes goes from Sir Alex heir-apparent to a shite manager who could be replaced by Coyle?

I'm not thrilled with the decisions he's been making, but to dump him now just doesn't make sense. Just as we expect more out of him, we must expect more from our boys in blue.

I understand we're pissed, but I think a rallying striker will do wonders more than a new manager.

Manager of the month in October wasn't he :mellow: ?

Personally I don't think it's time to make a change but I can understand that people would think it is.

What annoys me is that the media seem to think he's untouchable and any fan offering criticism is derided.

Was listening to 606 on Saturday and the hosts (don't remember who they were) were one minute eulogising over Mick McCarthy, in particular the fact that he drops people when they're not performing, then an Evertonian came on and (justifiably) criticised Moyes and was treated as though he'd shat in the aisle at a royal wedding :angry: .

I for one take the people who nearly faint at the sound of "moyes needs to go" as patronising idiots who get their football knowledge by listening to lee Dixon and lawro. Everton fans aside.

The reason is they think that we are lucky to have such a "bright young manager" (another patronising comment) and that we will be blessed with him until fergie picks him up in his car, seats him at his desk and says "there you go fellow angry jock, been keepin that warm for you. Don't worry about everton, they can have Gary Neville as a manager, they love a make weight off us, you did bring jack rodwell didn't you?"

The fact is moyes does not seem to learn the lessons we would have hoped in his time here, a thorough diligent and driven person should not make repeated mistakes, his lack of in game tactical ability is still as slow as ever, his dithering in both the Market and subs bench is a concern.

Overall he is a decent manager, someone who can make the pounds stretch competitive to his peers, maybe that's the way he likes it. It's time the stakes are upped though, if he can it's time show it. What he has done is great, but we need to progress not stagnate

The original crab....don't know if his ethos has changed as a coach but as a player he was about as bold as Gillian McKeith :unsure: .

I knew someone would pick that up! lol...

I was refering to the type of attacking football that was being played with him and Ancellotti at Chelsea. I dont think he would be the type of guy to take any of Moyes' bullshit decisions either! In fact I would imagine they might fall out fairly quickly!

Totally agree, (except for the bit about me being nailed to a piece of wood 2000 yeras ago)

Guest blueboy122

Some of you soft bastards dont know what your talking about? Who opened this thread!!

I cant believe Everton fans sometimes, you think owen fuckin coyle would be better than David Moyes? Great shout that! Hes on a good run with Bolton and they may have a good season so fucking what? Bewilders me some Everton fans. Ok so we sack David now.. the club is in turmoil, no manager, players dont want to play etc etc. I trust David and you should to, we will pull it back, keep the faith it will only take us a couple of wins to get the confidence flowing again. You are saying replace Moyes with Coyle? Bolton are on a good run end of as they are full of confidence.

In moyes I trust

It will only be a matter of time before you bitter twats start singing his praises again!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Some of you soft bastards dont know what your talking about? Who opened this thread!!

I cant believe Everton fans sometimes, you think owen fuckin coyle would be better than David Moyes? Great shout that! Hes on a good run with Bolton and they may have a good season so fucking what? Bewilders me some Everton fans. Ok so we sack David now.. the club is in turmoil, no manager, players dont want to play etc etc. I trust David and you should to, we will pull it back, keep the faith it will only take us a couple of wins to get the confidence flowing again. You are saying replace Moyes with Coyle? Bolton are on a good run end of as they are full of confidence.

In moyes I trust

It will only be a matter of time before you bitter twats start singing his praises again!

How embarrassing for you. In public and everything. Be sure to clean all that foam off of your keyboard before it dries.

Guest blueboy122

Ian C! Well in mate. Your a cock.

Fucking Moyes basher! Your a fickle fan my freind. You should sign up to another message board called " I like to moan like a bitch" Haha

People like you are not Everton Fans. Your right there when the teams is doing badly sack the manager sack the players sack the board sack everyone! Fucking do one mate or get behind the team.

Edited by blueboy122

Guest blueboy122

By the way that post is to not everyone only the losers that think moyes should be sacked! Thank god people like Ian C arent running are club! Sack the manager that inspires so many footballers and managers through out the world all because we having a bad season! Sort it out ah.

Your argument summed up:

"Ad hominem, ad hominem, appeal to emotion, ad hominem, blah blah real fans, argumentum ab inconvenienti...."

I actually don't think you managed to complete a sentence that didn't contain some sort of fallacy. Impressive.

Edited by Ian C

Guest blueboy122

You what? Does us a favour mate and stop whining like a bitch.And get behind Everton. Cheers. Shut up. Go kill yourself.

Is it so hard for yourself not to slate Everton?

Edited by blueboy122

You what? Does us a favour mate and stop whining like a bitch.And get behind Everton. Cheers. Shut up. Go kill yourself.

Is it so hard for yourself not to slate Everton?

Oh don't worry, I was only referencing things that they teach in school. No need to feel inadequate, I'm sure that your mother still thinks that you're the smartest boy in the whole wide world.

Brilliant banter this. Blueboy, you're a twat.

But, I think the days of Moyes may well be coming to an end. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by the end of the year. Not because he'll be sacked, but I think Moyes may be looking for greener pastures. We all know it would take little more than a call to Celtic for him to land that job, or a good long convo with Fergie to have a look in at the ManU job. Speculation aside, Moyes has clearly run out of ideas, he's failed to learn from mistakes most of see as pretty fucking obvious. The points about him not dealing with the strike force over the summer are really spot on, we definitely needed something more than Beckford coming our way (although I rate Becks). I'm not gonna call for his head right now, give him through January, if we're still sitting bottom 5 then he needs to go, but until then Up the Blues and COYB.

A football manager is a football manager, it's a results business. I'm not a moyes basher, I'm not a kenwright basher. I hold them responsible for what their job is. Moyes to get the players doing their job on the pitch, and kenwright to provide the resources for the manager to do his, club generated or funded.

My opinion is that kenwright has failed on many fronts for a while, moyes being a survivor has made kenwright look better than he deserves to.

Regarding moyes, a few fans are unfortunately for him expecting him to show marked improvements in areas that we were ok to overlook whilst survival and punching above weight was appreciated. Fact is, we ain't got kilbane, Marcus bent, Beattie playing anymore, they are at the right level now, which ain't prem league.

We have international players galore, procured by moyes or not, we expect them to provide the results and performances we should expect of players of that calibre. To me it seems that moyes struggles with taking that next step and being a top dog, rather than plucky underachiever.

It is not unreasonable to discuss his replacement in the same way it is not unreasonable to discuss dropping arteta, heitinga, selling Billy. It's all about the club. If coyle shows more than moyes in terms of results and performances then is it not in his interests to aim to manage a club who are currently paying it's manager the 5th or 6th highest wage? Moyes was once seen as a bright young manager, now he is starting to look stubborn, stale and negative.

Maybe it's another of his blips......