IGNORED

Scott Dann

if he goes we need back up a CB first as we would only have 2 central defenders, the last thing we need is Neville or Hibbert playing there again.

Duffy should get a chance if that happened, theres Mustafi too. Hibbert played his best football there when standing in for a few games (though shouldnt be there regularly) and Yobo could maybe be recalled as back up. We have enough defenders. We dont have a RW (Coleman needs competition and isnt a winger anyway) and a striker who can shoot.

Duffy should get a chance if that happened, theres Mustafi too. Hibbert played his best football there when standing in for a few games (though shouldnt be there regularly) and Yobo could maybe be recalled as back up. We have enough defenders. We dont have a RW (Coleman needs competition and isnt a winger anyway) and a striker who can shoot.

I still believe that if Johny H goes either Yobo should return or a replacement needs to be brought in as i wouldnt trust Hibbert at CB or Duffy at the moment.

I still believe that if Johny H goes either Yobo should return or a replacement needs to be brought in as i wouldnt trust Hibbert at CB or Duffy at the moment.

my point is we already have options to cover if needed. We have no cover on RW (noone say Ossie, he isnt a winger!) and we are in dire need of a striker who can score goals.

There's not a chance in hell they are even thought of as cover by Moyes, he'll never put a young CB in - he even moved Rodwell to midfield remember.

as far as i remember, Duffy was mentioned on the bench for the last game and Rodwell is playing well in the midfield role!

as far as i remember, Duffy was mentioned on the bench for the last game and Rodwell is playing well in the midfield role!

Yes bench, but he won't come on, just like Gueye, Barkley, Baxter don't/didn't.

I wasn't saying Rodwell hasn't done well in the midfield rold, just that Moyes moved him into midfield because he didn't want to play him in defence coz of his age.

my point is we already have options to cover if needed. We have no cover on RW (noone say Ossie, he isnt a winger!) and we are in dire need of a striker who can score goals.

Hibbert and Neville are not a CB either, i would be more confident with Ossie or Arteta on the right than Hibbert/Neville at CB

I've got an idea - why doesn't Moyes stick the best CB at the club back in the first team where he belongs, keep him sweet and start focusing on signing a frigging striker?! Heitinga leaving us is like Barry and Milner leaving Villa, sign that the club has had its shot at the big time and is now in decline.

I've got an idea - why doesn't Moyes stick the best CB at the club back in the first team where he belongs, keep him sweet and start focusing on signing a frigging striker?! Heitinga leaving us is like Barry and Milner leaving Villa, sign that the club has had its shot at the big time and is now in decline.

Agree nogs, I don't know why we don't put Heitinga on and put Jags on the bench, Jags isn't playing well at the moment, and other teams know that - watch how often they attack down Jags' side compared to Distin's. And even look who does the better job each time!

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i ran rings around michael barnes as a kid and he played for utd...that means nothing...and i'm not sure about the cocking up cos johnson can't even get in the wolves team

Johnson's struggling with his boozing at the mo, has turned up to training pissed a few times recently.

If we sell jags I'd like to see Rodwell used alongside Heitinga with Duffy/Disin in the rotation. Rodwell played his youth football at cb and I think he'll end up there now he's had a couple of years in the 1st team - Rio Ferdinand 'learnt' his game higher up the pitch in his early days and I see Rodwell following the same pattern.

You can clearly see Rodwell would be wasted at the back well I can anyway He's also a totally different type of player then Rio.

He's far better suited in the middle of the park and has all of the qualities to do well there.

I'm not convinced on Dann I think He's decent and if We could do what Romey suggests I'd be all for it but IF there is any truth in this I just hope it's not for Johnny!

If we sell jags I'd like to see Rodwell used alongside Heitinga with Duffy/Disin in the rotation. Rodwell played his youth football at cb and I think he'll end up there now he's had a couple of years in the 1st team - Rio Ferdinand 'learnt' his game higher up the pitch in his early days and I see Rodwell following the same pattern.

I still find this baffling because Rodwell has the positional awareness of Tony Hibbert i.e. he has none. Even in midfield he looks like he needs a sat nav to know where to be, what's around him, so I dread to think how lost he'd be playing at the back where positional awareness is paramount.

That one pre-season game I saw him play CB against Coventry still gives me nightmares.

Edited by Romey 1878

Guest blueboy122

I still find this baffling because Rodwell has the positional awareness of Tony Hibbert i.e. he has none. Even in midfield he looks like he needs a sat nav to know where to be, what's around him, so I dread to think how lost he'd be playing at the back where positional awareness is paramount.

That one pre-season game I saw him play CB against Coventry still gives me nightmares.

Where ever he has played he has always looked like a little boy lost in my opinion.

Guest blueboy122

If man.utd had signed Rodwell I believe they would have developed him as a cb and still think he will end up in that pos. Positionally he may have looked lost as a cm as he has played as a cb throughout his youth career!

Good point, However I personally believe that he is nowhere near being a premier league footballer, he doesnt show any signs of promise for me. I know hundreds of semi pro footballers who would do a better job than him in the centre of our midfeild. I think Rodwell was probably one of those amazing young prospects when he was younger from the ages of 12-16 and then just stop developing and all the other players just caught up with him. I was like that myself in my playing days, I think I have previously mentioned that I played for Blackburn academy. When I was young I was shit hot at football but then I reached an age where I just stopped and then I gradually became an average player because everyone else kept improving whilst I stagnated.