IGNORED

Why Is Nobody Going Mad At Bill Kenwright?

So it's a Liverpool supporting journo from a left-wing tabloid sucking up to (or in the back pocket of even?) the ultimate luvvie to stop the nasty fans being mean to him. Makes perfect sense now :huh: .

Come on Mike, whenever the going's getting a little bit tough for Kenwright these articles invariably pop up. I'm not saying he's in Kenwright's pocket, or that any other journo is, but it is a bit suspect.

I don't understand what you're saying....what's a bit suspect?

We're in the news because Pienaar's gone so (as I see it) people who are paid to do so express their opinions.

You're saying that you're suspicious....of what?

A nasty journalist who needs access to the press box to do his job he is paid to do ? ;) I'm just putting it out there...

By that logic no-one would ever write anything negative about any club Louis.

Rarely the correspondents anyway. Not "columnists". There is a distinction between the two.

For example when the Kirkby stadium was still going on, from memory, the articles were the stadium was written about in a positive light were written by the club correspondent (Dominic King). The articles written about concerns were written about came from the business (Bill Gleeson) and political columnists (David Bartlett) and others but notably never the correspondent.

The major exception I can think of is Simon Bird of the Mirror when Newcastle's Joe Kinnear called him a cunt after writing this article about Michael Owen

I don't understand what you're saying....what's a bit suspect?

We're in the news because Pienaar's gone so (as I see it) people who are paid to do so express their opinions.

You're saying that you're suspicious....of what?

That every time a little bit of pressure (and usually deserved) is starting to build on BK (I've noticed a lot more blues questioning him since the summer) articles leaping to his defence pop up.

That every time a little bit of pressure (and usually deserved) is starting to build on BK (I've noticed a lot more blues questioning him since the summer) articles leaping to his defence pop up.

I think you're probably right about there being more articles, but there is more stuff written when a subject is newsworthy than when it's not.

Are you saying that it's written because Bill asks people to write it? Because for me if there's not some subterfuge going on then there's nothing suspicious about it.

There's also more negative stuff being written about him....not in mainstream press maybe but certainly on the net, this thread and the others being a case in point...but that's not suspicious, it's just because it's a hot topic.

Are you saying that it's written because Bill asks people to write it? Because for me if there's not some subterfuge going on then there's nothing suspicious about it.

There's also more negative stuff being written about him....not in mainstream press maybe but certainly on the net, this thread and the others being a case in point...but that's not suspicious, it's just because it's a hot topic.

Maybe it is, but we won't ever know either way.

Yes, there is more negative stuff written about him but, like you said, it's not in the mainstream press so it's not like it makes any difference is it? So how that would be suspicious I have no idea.

I've always supported BK cos I think he's had the best interests of the club at heart but if we're consistently competing towards the the top of the league but are failing to compete financially with clubs like Stoke, Sunderland, Blackburn, Newcastle and Birmingham (never mind Villa & Spurs who we've consistently competed with on the pitch in recent seasons)then I think there are legitimate concerns as to why Everton can't get any investment. Where are the answers? Come on Elstone, lets have an honest and open discussion about it.

The last thing Elstone said about any of it was that none of the current board have put a penny of their own money in - I'm sure that went down well behind the scenes.

Personally, as Elstone doesn't own part of the club, I don't think it's for him to talk about.

But we've all seen Bills responses when he's asked about it.

Everton are the victims of lazy journalism, period!

Most things published are either garbage or something we knew about. Gone are the days where we were a club worthy of journos hanging around or digging into our transfer activity. They would be wasting their time, we are just tagged with the plucky battlers mindset and every now and then a patronising article will come out. The reason for this is that we are not news worthy, ffs we think we have a decent squad and despite liverpools worst period in memory they are gutted to be at the level we are, they have been under a well documented revolt as a result of this. They wont stand for it, good luck to them.

Us? We just continue to air our grievances on forums whilst those meant to be running the club hide, meanwhile we are linked to championship level players whilst losing quality strikers to ease the wage bill. If you accept being treated like crap, you deserve to be treated like crap. I for one can't understand the apologists anymore, it's gone past loyalty, way past it.