IGNORED

Why Is Nobody Going Mad At Bill Kenwright?

As usual we are in another transfer window scraping the barrel for new signings, so why(and i include myself in this) is nobody going mental at Kenwright? surely there is only so much that we can take of him at the helm for much longer, and yes he rescued us from the previous chairman who was just a dick, but surely enough is enough now?

Edited by theprisoner

yeah i know bro, im just fed up of it all, the man is a buffoon, we would do more with Porky Parry in charge tbh, the man is driving me nuts, if he can't fund the club then go, and stop the misery he is causing the fans

:lol:

I'm with you mate, but we've all had this sort of discussion many a time on here that both sides are tired of going round in the same circles.

It's clear that there are potential investors out there looking at the EPL and that Everton must be a significantly better prospect than many (if QPR can.....) so somewhere there must be a problem with the valuation of the club or the funds required to allow new owners to start investing in the team. No point the Board telling us they're trying to meet with suitable investors if they aren't transparent with what they want in return for the investment. We could speculate - price to buy out current directors (or people with a financial interest in the club, Green, Earl etc), cost of building a new stadium, personal considerations for Bill (he'll want to retain some status at the club) - but rather than speculation, cold facts would be good.

The board must have some criteria defined in order for us to speak to potential suitors?

Gilete and Hicks must be looking for someone to Invest in now :lol:

Those guys at the hammers seem like a good bunch of investing football brains, how about trying to see if they want to move on from tin pot hammers :lol:

Mate, Sullivan and Gold are horrible people and I wouldn't want then within 100 miles of my club but they will make a bomb out of WHU when they get the Olympic Stadium.

Maybe BK's holding out for a joint stadium to get built and then we'll be infinitely more saleable.

I was in two minds whether to delete Tricky Trev's post above. I've let it go but please tone it down in future.

Having said that, you may hit the roof if you believe that this poster on another forum is telling the truth:

Poster 1: "we got the call from the arabs before Man City for one!

so said the lady who did the deal anyway..... "

The People's Forum: too fcuking right!

Poster 2: ".....you are saying that ( presumably ) Amanda Staveley told you or someone you know that Kenwright said no thanks to Abu Dhabi before Man City were approached? "

The People's Forum: Just to clarify.....

Poster 1: "she told me herself

i thought she was winding me up because I've given her stick about finding us a buyer, & she knows where my loyalties are because i had to explain a rather blunt text she received from me after approaching our red friends

to be honest I never asked for the detail because i was too taken aback

that was all she said

we had first call & weren't interested"

The People's Forum: Re: Just to clarify.....

At the time Everton were under a "Period of Exclusivity" so it's plausible but could be nonsense.

I'm concerned about your sanity at the best of times.

Re: Olympic Stadium

It's too close to call.

Spurs/AEG will pay more money for the stadium and fund a Olympic stadium in Crystal Palace (Crystal Palace FC have now said they want the stadium in Crystal Palace). Better value for money for Government but Olympics suffer.

West Ham want stadium with a running track. Better deal for Olympics but Government loses out on more money.

It's hard to see why a future tenant wasn't selected prior to construction.

im no fan of bill as it is, but i really really hope that isnt true!

but surely as the exclusivity agreement was about the stadium it would not effect any sale of the club, if it did then we could add it to bills list of lies and it would have stopped us looking for a buyer for about two years.

There were a few agreements as I recall, not just one exclusivity agreement.

None were ever made public so it's not possible to say.

One of the documents submitted as part of the Kirkby stadium bid said: "the willingness or abilities of the Club's Directors to sell all or some of their interests to attract an investor who or which might have the ability in financial terms to fund a new stadium in its entirety or at the very least the shortfall. This is not an option, as the current Directors have no intention of selling any of their interests in the Club".

http://inquiry.knowsley.gov.uk/Core%20Documents/CD%201.1.3%20PlanningStatementRevised.pdf

Page 36, Para 6.1.0

There were a few agreements as I recall, not just one exclusivity agreement. None were ever made public so it's not possible to say.

One of the documents submitted as part of the Kirkby stadium bid by DTZ said: “the willingness or abilities of the Club’s Directors to sell all or some of their interests to attract an investor who or which might have the ability in financial terms to fund a new stadium in its entirety or at the very least the shortfall. This is not an option, as the current Directors have no intention of selling any of their interests in the Club”.

But we're for sale and were back then... obviously not, just another lie :angry:.

I was in two minds whether to delete Tricky Trev's post above. I've let it go but please tone it down in future.

Having said that, you may hit the roof if you believe that this poster on another forum is telling the truth:

At the time Everton were under a "Period of Exclusivity" so it's plausible but could be nonsense.

Tone it down? wasnt the title why isnt somebody going mad at Kenwright? i suppose i shouldnt shout at the game either? :blink:

Perhaps, Mike. He is the Daily Mirror's Everton correspondent.

I've been cautious of him after writing three columns in quick succession praising Bill Kenwright (and acknowledging but avoiding any alternative comments made, despite the latter two pieces being written to counter them) and appearing in a video outlining his support for the move to Kirkby (he's a Liverpool fan).

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle217665.html

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle224147.html

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle231125.html

It seems a bit coincidental that an article like this would appear when many fans are starting to question Kenwright and the board due to us not even having money to afford to loan players... convenient is the word that pops into my head.

So it's a Liverpool supporting journo from a left-wing tabloid sucking up to (or in the back pocket of even?) the ultimate luvvie to stop the nasty fans being mean to him. Makes perfect sense now :huh: .