IGNORED

Are We A Top 6 Team Anymore ?

[quote name=Blueblood :)' timestamp='1296741733' post='232427]

Where do you think we stand in getting in the europa league places this season and future seasons ?

I personally think we have seen the last of top 6 finishes, this team is on the slide and we can only go lower as players start leaving or are sold off.

[quote name=Blueblood :)' timestamp='1296741733' post='232427]

Where do you think we stand in getting in the europa league places this season and future seasons ?

Haha Turns out you go to my College! :P

Personally dont think we will do it this year, our home form hasnt been anything near good enough, we have struggled against some very average teams, Stoke/West Ham/Newcastle/Wolves etc.

Maybe next year if moyes gets some backing from the board ( :lol: ) But with everyone around us improving, we just seem to be going backwards :( .

Edited by GoodisonRoad

This season top 6 is looking way too much of a challange, I'd settle for top 10 lick our wounds and have stormer of a season next year! it's the Everton way.

We've suffered for a number of reasoms this season, all have been listed in other areas of this forum, ie Artetas form, problems scoring, the Pienaar saga, no money ect.

We've played at times some bloody good football, way more than the times when we were really poor.We've out played teams only to get a draw or even worse.

One worry I have is there are teams below us who are capable of getting some wins, so we better bloody well start getting a few ourselves, or we really will be hoping for three teams worse than us this season.

Beat Chelsea in the cup replay and who knows, home to Reading, then another decent draw and we could as least have something to show for a poor season, wouldn't bet against it.

A wise man said at the beginning of the season (actually it was Marco but never mind :P ) when there was speculation Mikel would leave...

arteta is worth about 10-15 points a season i would say because of how he can win matches for us and that is a massive amount especially seeing how tight it will probably be from 4th-8th

So is his total lack of form the real reason we've struggled so badly?

Btw, in the same "where will we finish" thread there was this exchange...

I went for 5th.

Uh oh, Mark's optimistic..... You're going to be unbearable when the inevitable crushing disappointment arrives :lol:

Well we still have Arteta so I have reason to be optimistic. If he leaves then I may just change my mind on that score :P.

How right you were Ian :( (about the crushing disappointment, Mark could never be unbearable :lol: ).

The Pienaar saga? you've got to be kidding. There wasn't a saga. Pienaar was professional through the whole thing and played his best until the Derby.

How the hell do you know what was going through Pienaars mind! He wanted more money/to leave at the begining of the season.His team mates knew exactly what was happening, ie an unsettled player, a player destined to leave must have a bearing on some things.Is the grass greener, that's not something you want your players contenplating.

Pienaar has been an excellent player for Everton and more often that not gave his all, but contract disputes will always get in the way.

Pienaar played his best untill the derby!!.......if you say so :unsure:

He was our best player last season, if I played along side him I'd be unsettled if I knew he was leaving.It was obvious Everton weren't going to increase his wages, he's been on his way all season.

This may only be a small contribution to Evertons poor season, but a part it surely is.

I think we could all rate the Big Four plus Man City (Even though Liverpool is shit on the field, that won't be forever and they certainly belong up there) as the clear top 5. But I would have to say things are looking better for Tottenham than they are for us, so no. Wait for it, Tottenham will be one of the next clubs to get bought out by Middle Eastern Money.

How the hell do you know what was going through Pienaars mind! He wanted more money/to leave at the begining of the season.His team mates knew exactly what was happening, ie an unsettled player, a player destined to leave must have a bearing on some things.Is the grass greener, that's not something you want your players contenplating.

Pienaar has been an excellent player for Everton and more often that not gave his all, but contract disputes will always get in the way.

Pienaar played his best untill the derby!!.......if you say so :unsure:

He was our best player last season, if I played along side him I'd be unsettled if I knew he was leaving.It was obvious Everton weren't going to increase his wages, he's been on his way all season.

This may only be a small contribution to Evertons poor season, but a part it surely is.

I disagree completely. I don't see a shred of evidence to suggest that Pienaar disrupted things amongst the other players, or between him and DM up until the Derby. Surely, that must be forgivable as his transfer (and future) was in the balance. He played well this whole season and his form was no better nor worse than any other player who is still here (bar Felli and Coleman). Nothing in his play, up until the derby, gave me any reason to think he had stopped trying. You must separate form from effort, Pienaar surely was giving bucket loads of the latter regardless of his intent to leave.

You called it a saga. That is definitely not the right word. It was a transfer. Pienaar wanted more money than the club was willing/able to offer him so he moved. Simple as that. A saga demands drama. Show me evidence for a shred of DRAMA created by Pienaar wanting to leave. He left professionally and did not make a fuss in the lead up to his departure. I'm sad he left, but that is no reason to lambaste him or what you suppose his effect on the team was.

Also, love that you exclaim so passionately that there's no way I can have any idea what Pienaar is thinking, yet you are in tune with the entire squad's psyche(see: bold). :rolleyes:

I disagree completely. I don't see a shred of evidence to suggest that Pienaar disrupted things amongst the other players, or between him and DM up until the Derby. Surely, that must be forgivable as his transfer (and future) was in the balance. He played well this whole season and his form was no better nor worse than any other player who is still here (bar Felli and Coleman). Nothing in his play, up until the derby, gave me any reason to think he had stopped trying. You must separate form from effort, Pienaar surely was giving bucket loads of the latter regardless of his intent to leave.

You called it a saga. That is definitely not the right word. It was a transfer. Pienaar wanted more money than the club was willing/able to offer him so he moved. Simple as that. A saga demands drama. Show me evidence for a shred of DRAMA created by Pienaar wanting to leave. He left professionally and did not make a fuss in the lead up to his departure. I'm sad he left, but that is no reason to lambaste him or what you suppose his effect on the team was.

Also, love that you exclaim so passionately that there's no way I can have any idea what Pienaar is thinking, yet you are in tune with the entire squad's psyche(see: bold). :rolleyes:

You don't seem to understand the word Saga!.......kinda means tale/story.

Suddenly a player nearing the end of his contract asks for more money/longer contract, will Moyes/Everton meet his demands?, will he stay, will he leave?, will Moyes sell him in Jan or make him see out his contract?, how much will he get for him if he goes in Jan?, will the money be re-invested in a new player or just disappear?, how will we play without him?..........This went on for months = saga.

You used the word "Drama"! Strange, I saw no drama, just the little on going saga listed above.

I only included the Pienaar saga (tale or small story) in the reasons for Evertons sad league position because I've seen at first hand what unsettled players can do to a team.That's how I can imagine what it could do to the rest of the squad.The Lescott saga/tale didn't do too much for the Everton cause..( oh and to save time and effort, no Lescott didn't conduct himself like Pienaar)

You use the word lambaste!.....read the post, don't remember doing that.Pienaars been my favorite player for at least a couple of seasons and has given his all, NO player gave MORE effort in a match than that man, they may have given the same amount but not more.

Massive blow to Everton losing Pienaar full stop......I've included, the on going saga/tale of this for me sad event as, (for me) one of the reasons why this season may be off course.

I answered the question, are we a top 6 team anymore, clearly at the moment the answer is no.

Why the fuc% do you want to make a drama :rolleyes: out of a saga! :lol:

Edited by Blue 250

• 2 weeks later...