IGNORED

Newcastle (A)

MikeO

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Newcastle and the scoreline flatter us. We havent been good but scored 2 and they have been as bad and created havoc in the set pieces or pretty much whenever a ball goes in/near the box.

Osman has done a decent job on the right, but nothing to write home about imo and when Arteta has got on the ball he has done well but I still think he is wasted out there. I dont know why Arteta is prepared to go forward and attack when playing as a LW but not when he is in the centre?

Neville and Rodwell have been anonymous in the midfield, and the back line doesnt look like they have played together before.

Also Saha has done quite well but Beckford has been useless and doesnt even look that interested which is the biggest dissapointment for me.

However to play poorly and be 2-1 up makes a change!

Edited by Bailey

I think Newcastle and the scoreline flatter us. We havent been good but scored 2 and they have been as bad and created havoc in the set pieces or pretty much whenever a ball goes in/near the box.

Osman has done a decent job on the right, but nothing to write home about imo and when Arteta has got on the ball he has done well but I still think he is wasted out there. I dont know why Arteta is prepared to go forward and attack when playing as a LW but not when he is in the centre?

Neville and Rodwell have been anonymous in the midfield, and the back line doesnt look like they have played together before.

However to play poorly and be 2-1 up makes a change!

Which for me points out he is wasted in the middle. His best seasons, and some of Evertons in general, have been when he played on the right wing. He just seems so much happier there.

Not the best game ive seen, by a long way, but at the moment we need to win any way possible.

Which for me points out he is wasted in the middle. His best seasons, and some of Evertons in general, have been when he played on the right wing. He just seems so much happier there.

Not the best game ive seen, by a long way, but at the moment we need to win any way possible.

To me it points to the fact his mentality isnt the same (or not allowed to be the same) when he is in the middle. Arteta should be allowed roam when we have the ball and break forward and let Fellaini (when he is fit) sit back and clear any counters. He has the potential to show this brilliance from the centre (which he has) and do it consistently for 90minutes, whereas out wide we see him 3-4 times in a half and this is a game where Newcastle have been shite.

I dont mind him playing wide as long as he can contribute but for me he is too good to wasted out wide.