IGNORED

Newcastle (A)

MikeO

There goal was deffo down to Howard, it looks as if he got fingers to it instead of palms and that what made it drift onto Best's head. Anything that came at him he did deal with well but there were a couple of times where he had a flap/punch when a catch would have been simpler. I probably am being picky tbh.

That is true about Hibbo actually, but I dont generally think it was too much worse than Neville normally is positionally.

Disagree with the Baines bit, Distin was about 3 yards deeper than everyone else and if he stepped up like he should have they would have been offside and Baines would have done his job.

I just dont think Rodwell really did anything of note. He was solid enough, but just didnt have any impact on the game.

Yeah, after watching MOTD Howard definitely did mess up for their goal. Myabe he twitched as the cross came in ;).

No, Neville looks like a positional mastermind in comparison to how Hibbert played yesterday!

I'm not doubting that Distin was deeper than any one else but when the ball actually reached Best it was after that and Baines should have at least been trying to get near Best, but he was just standing still.

Tbf to Rodwell I don't think he could have had more of an impact on the game. He was having to be the CM that just sat infront of the defence because Neville was having to be elsewhere putting fires out down our right side because Hibbert was Hibbert and Osman was coming inside a lot.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for baines as man of the match, I guess it was the cross and last ditch tackle for me, however on reflection it should be mikel. I suppose me being such a fan of his undoubted ability makes me a fierce critic when he doesn't perform as we know he should. He has been like a professor in maths struggling to pass his gcse this season, yesterday he was almost back to giving lectures. To truly test his return to form we need to see it against tighter opponents. Newcastle IMO are a poor team.

With regards to vic I need to make this clear - he is not a footballer. His awareness and touch is championship level at best. It's a waste of time expecting him to be something he is never going to be. Trying to establish whether a ball played into the box was deliberate or not says it all. I want him to be great - who doesn't, I want him to prove me wrong, but he won't.

Final note, baines, left foot, class.