IGNORED

Newcastle (A)

MikeO

I see Dan Gosling's injured again which is a shame. He's played a whole six minutes for them so far (during which Sunderland equalized :D ).

If we're true to form we'll win this one....or lose it. Or it might be a draw.

Not got a f'king clue to be honest....but the thread needed starting so here it is. Good luck.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you say, hard one to predict given the way we have been playing lately (By lately I mean all season)

Didn't really want to post, but hell in for a penny in for a pound as they say.

I will go for a slight loss at Newcastle 10 Everton 0. Or maybe we will scrape a massive 0 - 0 draw.

Perhaps we can get a huge 1 - 0 win.

Seriously we are unlikely to score with so many players out so I really think we will lose 2 - 0. :(

not arsed anymore..we will get enough points to stay up im sure of that beyond that i couldnt give a fuck about them right now

I feel pretty much the same to be honest. But give it a go lets see who gets nearest the correct score. Be a bit of interest cos there wont be much interest in the game. ;)

Guest blueboy122

The match will be won and lost within the midfeild,we have no felliani, so that leaves us with mikel and rodwell or osman, to be honest it doesnt matter who we play centre midfeild it doesnt who we play at all through out the starting 11 because we will lose simply because we dont want it enough, just like evey other team we have played this season, every team has wanted it more than everton.

2-0 barcodes alan shearer and nobby solano to score... not arsed

Edited by blueboy122

I'd play him in the guest appearances at the hospitals, retail stores and other community commitments but that's it from what I've seen this season...

Still furious about the FA Cup, given our performances against top teams we had a bloody good chance of getting something..

I predict a 2-2 draw.

I didn't know Annichebe had taken Nolan to court about that tackle, Newcastle have settled out of court.

I dont agree with that, its a contact sport and your always going to have tackles that will hurt people, that's the nature of the game.

I didn't know Annichebe had taken Nolan to court about that tackle, Newcastle have settled out of court.

I dont agree with that, its a contact sport and your always going to have tackles that will hurt people, that's the nature of the game.

yeah, but Bill, remember, you are not alowed to tackle in football anymore, because you might hurt someone ;)

if you go in to hurt people there's no place for it..i love a good old fashioned tough tackle but what nolan did was try to hurt a young lad

times like that when you wish we still had Grav, or Dunc still in the team, doubt Nolan would have done it then

can imagine it now: Dunc would have been like "come here and try that on me you little c*nt" lol

Edited by theprisoner

Well, i am as disheartened as the rest of you, however looking at Newcastles team, it is sh*t. I think we will bounce back here and the blues will be fired up. Lets remember as good as newcastle have been this season and as poor as we have been we are 3 points behind themwith a game in hand. They are also just as unpredictable.

2-0 everton, Rodwell, Arteta

I thought he sued Newcastle, not Nolan himself, for lost appearance monies and other bonuses from Everton and the Nigeria national team.

Yeah i think he did and they've settled. I didnt know anything like that had been set in motion.

I'm a believer that if a player suffers serious injury due to serious foul play i.e a tackle way over the top then that person/club is liable to cover the wages and bonuses etc for the duration that player is out.

It will certainly curb some of the needless over the top challenges that we see, Witzel, De Jong, Flamini. All career enders.

This whole thread so far is a sad reflection of fans attitude to a team that apparently can't be bothered to turn up. We don't care any more!!!! (We do really, but it hurts to put so much in for so little return).

But I have to say that when this happens to a team this is where the manager earns his money. Shit, I can manage a team that's playing well and has it's collective tail up! But Moyse obviously can't do it when things are down. I could manage the team as well as he could at present, and I'd do it for half of what he gets too!

Personally I think the squad is as good as any out of the top four. The shite performances are down to managerial ineptitude (big word...I might use that again some time :)).

Yes Moyse is good at picking out players at bargain rates and making them into Prem players, but thereafter he is way behind on tactics, motivation, player choice, players playing out of position, misplaced loyalty to inefficient players, untimely and meaningless substitutions etc. etc.....

There comes a time when fans loyalty to the team is stretched (booed off against Reading) and managers (Everton manager famously pelted with cushions from the Goodison Rd. stand seating after a particularly bad performance.....I was there, but can't remember who it was...Harry Catterick I think). It makes me wonder just how bad do things have to get before Moyse resigns or is asked to? Let's not get into 'who would replace him' arguments as they are not relevant in a discussion about whether or not he is performing, which he quite plainly is not. There must be some understanding between Moyse and the board as most other managers with a season like this happening would be scanning the 'situations vacant' column in Football Managers Weekly or whatever.

Dumped out of the Carling Cup and the FA Cup by lower division teams this year and a whole stack of underwhelming performances against 'cellar dwellers' in a similar situation at the bottom of the table does not by any stretch of the imagination constitute a season to be proud of. The blame has to be laid at the managers feet. He bought the players, he picks the team, he chooses the tactics, motivation is his responsibility. There is no room for excuses.

I wouldn't mind so much if we lost games playing good football, but to lose because we couldn't be arsed is criminal. As I said earlier, I believe the squad is as good as any other outside the top four, they have lost their way because the manager is inept, fearful and over-reliant on out of form players.

After saying all that, it's hard to believe that they can play so badly twice in a week (God help us) so I'm going for 1-1.

Sorry, can't go for the win. 1-1 would be a great result now.

This whole thread so far is a sad reflection of fans attitude to a team that apparently can't be bothered to turn up. We don't care any more!!!! (We do really, but it hurts to put so much in for so little return).

But I have to say that when this happens to a team this is where the manager earns his money. Shit, I can manage a team that's playing well and has it's collective tail up! But Moyse obviously can't do it when things are down. I could manage the team as well as he could at present, and I'd do it for half of what he gets too!

Personally I think the squad is as good as any out of the top four. The shite performances are down to managerial ineptitude (big word...I might use that again some time :)).

Yes Moyse is good at picking out players at bargain rates and making them into Prem players, but thereafter he is way behind on tactics, motivation, player choice, players playing out of position, misplaced loyalty to inefficient players, untimely and meaningless substitutions etc. etc.....

There comes a time when fans loyalty to the team is stretched (booed off against Reading) and managers (Everton manager famously pelted with cushions from the Goodison Rd. stand seating after a particularly bad performance.....I was there, but can't remember who it was...Harry Catterick I think). It makes me wonder just how bad do things have to get before Moyse resigns or is asked to? Let's not get into 'who would replace him' arguments as they are not relevant in a discussion about whether or not he is performing, which he quite plainly is not. There must be some understanding between Moyse and the board as most other managers with a season like this happening would be scanning the 'situations vacant' column in Football Managers Weekly or whatever.

Dumped out of the Carling Cup and the FA Cup by lower division teams this year and a whole stack of underwhelming performances against 'cellar dwellers' in a similar situation at the bottom of the table does not by any stretch of the imagination constitute a season to be proud of. The blame has to be laid at the managers feet. He bought the players, he picks the team, he chooses the tactics, motivation is his responsibility. There is no room for excuses.

I wouldn't mind so much if we lost games playing good football, but to lose because we couldn't be arsed is criminal. As I said earlier, I believe the squad is as good as any other outside the top four, they have lost their way because the manager is inept, fearful and over-reliant on out of form players.

After saying all that, it's hard to believe that they can play so badly twice in a week (God help us) so I'm going for 1-1.

Sorry, can't go for the win. 1-1 would be a great result now.

Cant disagree with this tbh... Although Im still strangely optimistic that we at least have a shout at europe (providing we win or game in hand). We are only 6 points adrift, but then again we are only 6 points ahead of 20th.

We have plenty still left to play for, and a good run will give us a real chance. However, do I have faith in the players and management that we can go on a decent run? No I dont, and I dont see us winning tomorrow but that wont stop me shouting and screaming at some dodgy feed on the internet when kick off time comes around.

Got draw written all over it!

Our season isn't over, a really decent finish and who knows.The players replacing Fellaini and Cahill will have things to prove.

Big teams will always lose to lower league teams, always have, always will, get over it!

Six more points and I'd say Moyes could try and blood a couple of youngsters, that's on the understanding that other teams at the bottom don't also do well in the next couple of weeks.

1-1

If either team manages to grab a winner, I think it will be us.

No natural width though.

Just hope he's not going to do anything silly like putting Jack on the wing again :unsure: .

Ah shit, I got confused with Felli being out. I thought Neville would be playing holding midfield with Arteta in front of him. Now one of the two 'll be playing on the right.